@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

I need some help, my TG-16 CD unit is hurting...

Started by GuyKazama, 11/27/2001, 02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuyKazama

It plays everything perfectly except for when I get to a cut scene in a CD or SCD game.  For some reason the audio isn't in sync with the animation of the cut scene (e.g. the voice audio is a split second behind the mouth animation).  Does anyone know what's causing this?

I have a TG-16 CD system with a Super System 3 card.

NFERNO

You know, some games are just that way. The animating and sound syncronizing wasn't all that precise back in those days.

JesseZamora

Is there a sizable delay between the start of a cutscene and the sound beginning?  At that point, you may need to be concerned.  TZD hasn't done repairs since May of this year, but their repair page is still up, offering a link to a place that will service your Turbo CD if you need it.

Kinda sucks NEC won't do it themselves though...

GuyKazama

It's really not that bad, I think nferno has the correct assessment.,  I just don't want my Turbo cd system dying on me.  Thanks.

Brasilpce

Hi, there.

An important question: are you having such sync problems with original CD's? Because the problem you've mentioned happens quite often when you mount a CD from ISO + MP3 files.

Take care,

Brasilpce (UNIVERSO PC-ENGINE)
http://pcengine.cjb.net">pcengine.cjb.net

GuyKazama

Both originals and cdr's do the same thing.  It's hardly noticeable in some games, but in others it becomes very irritating.  LIke I said, it only happens during a cut scene involving facial movements and the sounds that should correspond with those movements.  I first noticed it while playing Cosmic Fantasy 2, but not all games do it.  Might and Magic 3 is also very noticeable.  I don't know, it's not that big of a deal, it justs seems annoying.  Thanks for the help.

Guy