@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Retro Homebrew Report

Started by _Paul, 08/28/2015, 02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

A new weekly vid series from me, highlighting homebrew titles for various old computer and consoles.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

I would be very interested in a report on the MSX2/2+ game Inferno.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Opethian

IMG

cjameslv

I like that they are straightforward and quick to the point. Very nice!

_Paul

Quote from: CrackTiger on 08/28/2015, 09:02 PMI would be very interested in a report on the MSX2/2+ game Inferno.
When it's released. Maybe not even then because I only cover free stuff.
In other news, it's coming along...3 levels are built, not complete tho. Need to implement an extra enemy type and other things.

Quote from: cjameslv on 09/01/2015, 10:31 PMI like that they are straightforward and quick to the point. Very nice!
Yeah I try to keep them very short otherwise people tend to just click off somewhere else or not watch at all. Besides, all you need are the basics and some video otherwise it's giving away too much.

_Paul

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/03/2015, 12:28 PM
ALERT! Wow, this looks quite nice. ALERT!

(recycled comment from TubeYou: successful)

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah, I need to finish fine tuning the collisions.  and touching myself.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

elmer

Quote from: esteban on 09/03/2015, 01:03 PMALERT! Wow, this looks quite nice. ALERT!
He's done a really nice job on that one. Especially for a machine without a hardware scroll!

That's a considerable amount of data for a software sprite-draw on a 4MHz Z80.

Back in the day, he'd have sold that off to a publisher in no time!  :wink:

_Paul

Otaking

Interesting review, will watch all the others now.  8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

esteban

_Paul

esteban

johnnykonami

I played a literal ass ton (you decide what that adds up to) of Bruce Lee on the C64.  Definitely gonna check out that vid, thanks!

elmer

Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/18/2015, 11:27 AMI played a literal ass ton (you decide what that adds up to) of Bruce Lee on the C64.  Definitely gonna check out that vid, thanks!
Darned C64 owners. I played it on my Atari 400, the one with the worst keyboard ever released on a home computer!  :wink:

It was a great game, good to hear that someone chose to port it.  :)

InfraMan

I still have Bruce Lee on the original C-64 5 1/4" floppy from 1984... and it still works! The resilience of old magnetic storage media is amazing. Who ever thought these things would last all this time?

But yeah, I played Bruce Lee to death back in the day, to the point that I could easily run through it without losing a single life. I can still hear the opening theme music in my head, lol.

Once we realized a second player could take control of the fat green dude, even more fun was had.  :dance:

johnnykonami

Quote from: elmer on 09/18/2015, 02:47 PMDarned C64 owners.
We're like cockroaches!  (With a bunch of good games.)  I would have loved an Atari computer growing up, too.  Never had the pleasure though.

johnnykonami

Quote from: InfraMan on 09/18/2015, 03:07 PMI still have Bruce Lee on the original C-64 5 1/4" floppy from 1984... and it still works! The resilience of old magnetic storage media is amazing. Who ever thought these things would last all this time?

But yeah, I played Bruce Lee to death back in the day, to the point that I could easily run through it without losing a single life. I can still hear the opening theme music in my head, lol.

Once we realized a second player could take control of the fat green dude, even more fun was had.  :dance:
I still have a number of my C64 games, too.  One of them actually failed back in the day, though, like disk 4 of Pool of Radiance.  I got so far only to have an unreadable disk....

Bruce Lee was a ton of fun though, for sure.  I think that was one of the games on the C64 I could consistently finish, along with impossible mission.  Why was the sumo guy green anyway?  Did he have a bad lunch?

_Paul

_Paul

_Paul

esteban

_Paul

esteban

KnightWarrior

It like people take there time to make a Video, Edit..Promote there Channel

It goes like a Ghost Town of Channels on YouTube, Get's only like 100+ views, No Chatter

While guys like PewDie or whatever the hell his name is get like 45 billion of Views, Commens, Likes & Subs

_Paul

_Paul