10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

PC-FXGA DOS/V in action...

Started by sabre470, 08/14/2006, 05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabre470

Hello all,

I'm not sure everybody saw the pictures of my PC-FXGA DOS/V I put on previous post, so I'm creating a new post so you can re/discover them.

I recently acquired a PC-FXGA DOS/V, I've been after one of these for ages and almost gave up in the end. It's quite an easy card to setup despite the rumours I heard about how difficult it is to set it up. Thought it took me a while to gather the necessary software especially the driver that were missing in my purchase.  :shock:

As you can see the PC-FXGA was able to display graphics in 3D, some of pictures are actually from the game Nnyu (that some of you heard of). It's one of the only 3D games released commercially on the PC-FX along with SAME GAME FX. Nnyu was released as part of a programming book for the PC-FXGA.

Any questions, let me know, enjoy.

Sabre
http://uk.geocities.com/sabre470/

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Sabre470
PC-FX Fanatic
https://cdromrom.wordpress.com

Kaminari

That monster card reminds me of the sound board I have in my Amiga :)

Thanks for sharing the pics.

PC Gaijin

Good lord, that was a flashback to when real men installed monster ISA cards into their PCs. :wink: Btw, I read your blog entry about finally locating one at a price you wanted. Not asking you how much you paid for it, but I've seen a couple of those on eBay over the years (some brand new), and the price didn't seem too outrageous (under a hundred dollars). I'm pretty sure they were the DOS/V version too, not the PC-98. Maybe I'm confused...

Can you play regular PC-FX games with that card? Like the old Creative 3DO Blaster card (kind of wish I had picked one of those up just for kicks when I had a chance).

sabre470

Quote from: "PC Gaijin"Good lord, that was a flashback to when real men installed monster ISA cards into their PCs. :wink: Btw, I read your blog entry about finally locating one at a price you wanted. Not asking you how much you paid for it, but I've seen a couple of those on eBay over the years (some brand new), and the price didn't seem too outrageous (under a hundred dollars). I'm pretty sure they were the DOS/V version too, not the PC-98. Maybe I'm confused...

Can you play regular PC-FX games with that card? Like the old Creative 3DO Blaster card (kind of wish I had picked one of those up just for kicks when I had a chance).

Yeah you are right there has been a lot of PC-FXGA for under $100 but they were all PC-98 (I checked ebay at least once a week, I was determinted to get a DOS/V :D ), the DOS/V version only pop out once in a while but they usually go for $300-500. My card is coming from Yahoo Japan Auction. The distinction between DOS/V and PC-98 version is easy the DOS/V card is huge and the PC-98 version is acutally the same but half the size and two layers of PCB. Though the DOS/V version is rarer probably due to the fact that people in Japan had more PC-98 than IBM PC/AT, it's probably why you see a lot of PC-FXGA PC-98 on ebay and Yahoo japan.

Yes, you can play regular PC-FX games too, the good thing is that the games save are made on the hard drive so it might open doors for hacking and stuffs. Good thing about the card is that I don't have to get my PC-FX out of the box everytime I wanna play Battle Heat, bad thing an extra PC in my room (Mrs not particularly happy  :roll: ).

I'll try to make more pictures later on to show you guys some demos and games from the SDK.

Sabre
Sabre470
PC-FX Fanatic
https://cdromrom.wordpress.com

esteban

I can't wait to see more pictures and VIDEO of the game in action! Yay! Please tell us when you update your page :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Seldane

Really? You can play PC-FX games on the computer if you have that card? On a standard monitor? That's really interesting. How about CD-images using Daemon tools or similiar, is that possible too?

Does the same apply for the PC-98? If you install one of those cards in your computer, can you play PC-FX games on the PC-98? Very, very interesting.

I'll need to get one of these cards, it would be very interesting to play around with.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

guyjin

neat stuff. video plz k thx ;)