Could somebody hack Browning?

Started by PukeSter, 09/20/2015, 03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PukeSter

Kinda an oddball request, since I know a lot of people hate Browning.

It's a pretty decent game, especially if you like Kaze Kiri or Vigilante. The main complaint though is the high amount of damage some enemies do.

It took me quite a while to beat the game, due to some bosses having attacks that take off quite a chunk of health. Especially the lazers in the final level.

Could somebody perhaps half the damage output done by enemies? Enemies seem to do double damage once you reach Stage 2. This would make the game a lot more accessible.

Thank you for reading this.

esteban

Very few folks have the skills to do this, and unless they have a fondness for Browning...don't hold your breath.

I would love Browning to be modified, personally.

There are a bunch of games that would benefit from "tweaks", IMHO.

For example, Order of the Griffon has the battle music bug.

Ha! And introducing a "Pussy Mode" in Yo, Bro would be nice, but I don't think that game will ever attract enough folks :(

I recall a bunch of us MotoRoader MC fans (3 people, worldwide) wondering how to use the weapons. Were we simply idiots, or was there a bug/error?

The overall presentation in Browning is quite nice, and folks like mechs, but would the game be fun?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PukeSter

Quote from: esteban on 09/20/2015, 04:17 PMThe overall presentation in Browning is quite nice, and folks like mechs, but would the game be fun?
If you compare it to something like Vigilante or China Warrior instead of real mech games like Cybernator or Front Mission Gun Hazard, then absolutely.

It's more of a beat-em up, despite the guns.

It's definitely no Kaze Kiri though.

esteban

Quote from: PukeSter on 09/20/2015, 04:22 PM
Quote from: esteban on 09/20/2015, 04:17 PMThe overall presentation in Browning is quite nice, and folks like mechs, but would the game be fun?
If you compare it to something like Vigilante or China Warrior instead of real mech games like Cybernator or Front Mission Gun Hazard, then absolutely.

It's more of a beat-em up, despite the guns.

It's definitely no Kaze Kiri though.
Yeah, I see what you mean. I actually like Vigilante & China Warrior, so naturally I am rooting for Browning.

ASIDE: Kaze Kiri has never been too compelling, though I admit that I am biased (I shouldn't hold a game responsible for mistaken expectations, but I did just that when I spent $$$ for Kaze Kiri. One of these years I might have to forgive the game and give it another chance.)

Back to Browning: Yup, I agree it is worthy of more love. Isn't it RIOT? The pedigree. Damn.

jtucci31

Browning makes me frowning :(
(quoted from ope)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/20/2015, 04:50 PMBrowning makes me frowning :(
(quoted from ope)
I think the Red Book was OK? Nothing amazing, but OK?

I gotta go listen to it now...

jtucci31

Quote from: esteban on 09/20/2015, 04:52 PM
(quoted from ope)

Everything about the game is honestly pretty cool except for actually playing the game. The controls gave me a headache. Still have yet to beat that final boss. I got worn out, it was deteriorating my mental health.

EmperorIng

Quote from: esteban on 09/20/2015, 04:32 PMIsn't it RIOT? The pedigree. Damn.
RIOT's pedigree is in full force with games like Browning.

Ex-Ranza (I think made by a few ex-wolf team guys?) is like Browning done right!

PukeSter

Quote from: guest on 09/20/2015, 04:53 PM
(quoted from ope)

Everything about the game is honestly pretty cool except for actually playing the game. The controls gave me a headache. Still have yet to beat that final boss. I got worn out, it was deteriorating my mental health.
Another tip Tucci, is that you should make sure to have full jetpack and shields before the final boss. Once you destroy those 4 lazers, you have plenty of time to recover.

It's annoying though, because you have to use the jetpack to shoot the cannons off. But you cannot do this until the dialogue ends, which is after a few fireballs.

And fireballs take off almost half your health! Thankfully the missiles do only 1 damage.

TurboXray

What about something like this...
(damage / 2 )+1

so damage of...
1 = 1
2 = 1
3 = 2
4 = 3
5 = 3
6 = 4
etc.

Or I could just do damage/2

ParanoiaDragon

IIRC, I loved the music in Browning.  Can't think of a song I didn't like.  The only exception is the Title screen "song".  It just hits WAY too hard on any of my speakers, at least, in comparison to the rest of the soundtrack!  I do a fondness for Browning.  It's one of my early imports, back before the interwebz n' such.  I picked it up a shop related to Die Hard Game Fan out in the San Fernando valley in the early 90's.
IMG

PukeSter

Quote from: TurboXray on 09/20/2015, 05:33 PMWhat about something like this...
(damage / 2 )+1

so damage of...
1 = 1
2 = 1
3 = 2
4 = 3
5 = 3
6 = 4
etc.

Or I could just do damage/2
Looks good! Though it's really up to you :)

I appreciate your talent Bonknuts :)

TurboXray

I just played through the game, with life hack cheat, and it's more than just the damage that is unbalanced in this game. The shot/bullet of the gun needs to be faster (it doesn't increase if you get closer to an enemy). The cool down time needs to be a lot faster, and the overheat range needs to be higher. The life/shield recharge needs to be faster as well.

Each level is actually it's own unique game coded, so all 5 levels have to be hacked individually. But I found a chunk of free space near the same area for each level - for hook/hack code.

jtucci31

Quote from: PukeSter on 09/20/2015, 05:25 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/20/2015, 04:53 PM
(quoted from ope)

Another tip Tucci, is that you should make sure to have full jetpack and shields before the final boss. Once you destroy those 4 lazers, you have plenty of time to recover.

It's annoying though, because you have to use the jetpack to shoot the cannons off. But you cannot do this until the dialogue ends, which is after a few fireballs.

And fireballs take off almost half your health! Thankfully the missiles do only 1 damage.
I usually did make sure I had enough health and jetpack fuel for that FINAL boss. There was always enough time when having to jump and shoot that stupid thing after the lasers. However, there is a tip I found out with the stupid dialogue. If you pause the game while they're talking, let the entire track play out and finish, then unpause, you can start playing right away. Saves time when it can be so precious at times :)

PukeSter

Quote from: TurboXray on 09/20/2015, 06:12 PMI just played through the game, with life hack cheat, and it's more than just the damage that is unbalanced in this game. The shot/bullet of the gun needs to be faster (it doesn't increase if you get closer to an enemy). The cool down time needs to be a lot faster, and the overheat range needs to be higher. The life/shield recharge needs to be faster as well.

Each level is actually it's own unique game coded, so all 5 levels have to be hacked individually. But I found a chunk of free space near the same area for each level - for hook/hack code.
That's pretty weird. Honestly though I think the cool-down should be kept, because that adds strategy for keeping distance from your foe. The game would also be even shorter haha.

The gun bullets though, they should be faster when you get close to an enemy. Is there a reason why they don't?

And Tucci, I didn't know that tip! Thanks haha.

esteban

Quote from: TurboXray on 09/20/2015, 06:12 PMI just played through the game, with life hack cheat, and it's more than just the damage that is unbalanced in this game. The shot/bullet of the gun needs to be faster (it doesn't increase if you get closer to an enemy). The cool down time needs to be a lot faster, and the overheat range needs to be higher. The life/shield recharge needs to be faster as well.

Goddamn I have to kiss you.  :)

johnnykonami

Quote from: esteban on 09/20/2015, 04:17 PMI recall a bunch of us MotoRoader MC fans (3 people, worldwide) wondering how to use the weapons. Were we simply idiots, or was there a bug/error?
I'm actually pretty interested in Moto Roader MC, my Nostalgia for NCS games during this time is through the roof right now.  Looks like a pretty sweet Super Sprint type clone.  I never owned any of the games personally but I have played MR and MR2.  I love the parts customization especially in MR2.  One game I absolutely loved in the arcade was Ironman Stewart's Off Road Racing, and that had the same kind of appeal.  Looks like they might have nixed that aspect for MC, though the courses look nice.

Psycho Punch

Honestly for me the best thing about MotoRoader is the platinum helmet reflection mindscrew in the US cover. Never been too much into it, I guess that's one of those games where you need human opponents with the turbotap to truly enjoy?

This ain't no toymachine's signature!
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

johnnykonami

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 09/21/2015, 02:22 PMHonestly for me the best thing about MotoRoader is the platinum helmet reflection mindscrew in the US cover. Never been too much into it, I guess that's one of those games where you need human opponents with the turbotap to truly enjoy?

This ain't no toymachine's signature!
That cover art is something else, I agree.  It would be awesome to talk to some of the artists who worked on the US covers and find out what they were smoking!  I would be genuinely interested in an interview and maybe even seeing some other artwork.