@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Portland Retro Gaming Convention 2015 October 17th-18th

Started by BigusSchmuck, 09/25/2015, 02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigusSchmuck

Anyone going this year besides Joe and Dave? I'll be there mostly for Gamesack and kicking butt at the Puzzle Fighter Tourney this year. http://www.retrogamingexpo.com/

bob

I know a couple guys going.  but nobody you would want to hang out with.

xcrement5x

PRGE always seems like an interesting con, not sure I could justify going all the way out there for just a gaming con though.  Unless it was MGC, maybe someday!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: agent_orange on 09/25/2015, 02:44 PMI know a couple guys going.  but nobody you would want to hang out with.
Lots of Youtube reviewers. Dunno, was hoping for something like the former CEO of TTI or something since we had Tom Kalinske last year. Bah, 30,000 square feet of arcades will keep me busy for the weekend. :P

sirhcman

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 09/25/2015, 04:40 PM
Quote from: agent_orange on 09/25/2015, 02:44 PMI know a couple guys going.  but nobody you would want to hang out with.
Lots of Youtube reviewers. Dunno, was hoping for something like the former CEO of TTI or something since we had Tom Kalinske last year. Bah, 30,000 square feet of arcades will keep me busy for the weekend. :P
I heard there are going to be some interesting "elite" homebrew programmers there

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 09/25/2015, 04:49 PM
I heard there are going to be some interesting "elite" homebrew programmers there
I'm not sure about elite homebrewn programmers, but there are Atari guys like Al Alcorn and David Crane. It looks like mostly Atari guys this time around. Nothing wrong with that, but it would be nice to see something I grew up with not more Atari 2600 stuff.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: guest on 09/25/2015, 04:49 PMI heard there are going to be some interesting "elite" homebrew programmers there
That might be the "case!"
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

cr8zykuban0

sadly, i wont be able to go :( im all out of vacation time at work and car registration wont allow such thing!

hope everyone who goes finds some great stuff!

Mzo

I have a wedding to attend at the same time this year.

Fart.

It's kind of a long trip but I had a great time last year =[
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Mzo on 10/01/2015, 07:50 PMI have a wedding to attend at the same time this year.

Fart.

It's kind of a long trip but I had a great time last year =[
I was ecstatic when I shook the hands of Tom Kalinske and Al Nielsen and got them to sign Console Wars. Even cooler was watching Tom play Mortal Kombat 1. lol Good times..

PCEngineFX

I generally don't go to many conventions, but I am going to this one for Sat. only.  I'll unfortunately miss Gamesack, but at least I'm going.............

I expect to be hanging around any vendor w/TG goods ;)
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 10/12/2015, 05:25 PMI generally don't go to many conventions, but I am going to this one for Sat. only.  I'll unfortunately miss Gamesack, but at least I'm going.............

Yeah me too, I just hope Retro Game Trader has some decent pricing instead of insisting every PCE game is PAL only lol.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 10/12/2015, 05:25 PMI generally don't go to many conventions, but I am going to this one for Sat. only.  I'll unfortunately miss Gamesack, but at least I'm going.............

Come back and bring us the price report.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/12/2015, 07:01 PM

Come back and bring us the price report.
One thing I have learned over the years at these conventions the asking price is almost always negotiable. Even Retro Game Trader though their stuff was super over priced last year ($400 for a turbo cd with system card 2.0!).

CGQuarterly

I would like to go, just to say hello to the Game Sack guys, but it isn't in the cards this year.  I didn't know that Tom Kalinke was there last year.  I would have gone had I known.  I'd name my kid after that guy, if I had one.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 10/12/2015, 09:38 PMI would like to go, just to say hello to the Game Sack guys, but it isn't in the cards this year.  I didn't know that Tom Kalinke was there last year.  I would have gone had I known.  I'd name my kid after that guy, if I had one.
Yeah it was pretty crazy on how I came across the gentlemen. Well before the convention even started, he was checking into the same hotel we were staying at and I met him in the lobby! Surprised the crap out of him and Al that I knew them both on sight. Very cool indeed. I hope to meet Joe and Dave under similar circumstances.

BigusSchmuck

Alright guys, here are some photos at the convention I took this year. Unfortunately I didn't find Aaron (Joe even asked about him). One word to describe this beast: Overstimulation. By far the largest convention I have ever experienced yet. I also managed to play Joust pinball, man that game is so unique. Think of battle pinball and you got it. A vast majority of these pictures are of my buddy wanting to get pics of hot cosplay chicks. Anyway, linky:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3p9InyzOHb6VDdYWFA1Zm43elk&usp=sharing

gekioh

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/19/2015, 03:41 PMAlright guys, here are some photos at the convention I took this year. Unfortunately I didn't find Aaron (Joe even asked about him). One word to describe this beast: Overstimulation. By far the largest convention I have ever experienced yet. I also managed to play Joust pinball, man that game is so unique. Think of battle pinball and you got it. A vast majority of these pictures are of my buddy wanting to get pics of hot cosplay chicks. Anyway, linky:
Ha ha dude I got my picture taken too with the lady dressed up as Jade, she was really super nice. I posted a pic of it in the Portland retro gamers group on fb. BigusSchmuck, your friend's Napalm Death shirt is where it's at man, that's legit \m/

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: gekioh on 10/19/2015, 03:50 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/19/2015, 03:41 PMAlright guys, here are some photos at the convention I took this year. Unfortunately I didn't find Aaron (Joe even asked about him). One word to describe this beast: Overstimulation. By far the largest convention I have ever experienced yet. I also managed to play Joust pinball, man that game is so unique. Think of battle pinball and you got it. A vast majority of these pictures are of my buddy wanting to get pics of hot cosplay chicks. Anyway, linky:
Ha ha dude I got my picture taken too with the lady dressed up as Jade, she was really super nice. I posted a pic of it in the Portland retro gamers group on fb. BigusSchmuck, your friend's Napalm Death shirt is where it's at man, that's legit \m/
Yeah, he's a old childhood friend, this is the first time in 14 years we have hung out together. He loved the cosplay stuff and is an absolute savant when it comes to Street Fighter 2. Dude doesn't live that far from you Eugene Oregon. That town is a trip, I can't believe how many barcades were there (Portland has 1, really?).

gekioh

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/19/2015, 04:04 PM
Quote from: gekioh on 10/19/2015, 03:50 PM
Yeah, he's a old childhood friend, this is the first time in 14 years we have hung out together. He loved the cosplay stuff and is an absolute savant when it comes to Street Fighter 2. Dude doesn't live that far from you Eugene Oregon. That town is a trip, I can't believe how many barcades were there (Portland has 1, really?).
yeah its kinda funny that Portland only has 1, especially since we have 1 here in Salem and even Lincoln City has 1. I have yet to visit any in Eugene but I'm aware of them.

gekioh

that's great too you got see him after so many years man. seems like you guys were having a blast, i'd seen you guys walking around but didn't realize who you were.

Joe Redifer

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/19/2015, 06:13 PMCool pics, Dark Kobold! :)
lol, if only my voice didn't sound like a teenie booper at that Q&A. BTW, these guys got a way better video of that Joust pinball game:

gekioh

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 09/25/2015, 08:25 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/25/2015, 04:49 PMI heard there are going to be some interesting "elite" homebrew programmers there
Well was that the "case"?!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2015, 11:37 AM
There was a definite presence of homebrewers out there, but most of the ones I saw were doing stuff via Steam. Then again, didn't spend a whole lot of time over on the market side of things, was way more into gaming on that Joust pinball game lol.

sirhcman

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/20/2015, 12:37 PM
There was a definite presence of homebrewers out there, but most of the ones I saw were doing stuff via Steam. Then again, didn't spend a whole lot of time over on the market side of things, was way more into gaming on that Joust pinball game lol.
That's cool, did you meet any PCEFX'ers there?

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2015, 01:44 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/20/2015, 12:37 PM
That's cool, did you meet any PCEFX'ers there?
No, I was looking for Aaron though but couldn't find him. I would love to have a nice group of us next year get down on some DEII! I did find it interesting though they had a TG-16 hooked up in the console arena, but all it was playing was Keith Courage. I can't remember the vendor's name, but they did have the dreaded repro of Dracula X playing on their briefcase setup. I was telling my buddy about all the drama behind it (and the $120-$150 copies of Tobias's shit at that vendor) and apparently the vendor had no idea about it or so he claimed. I will say this convention seemed more about the games than the collectardism, but that could be cause I was too busy playing Joust Pinball. :P

Psycho Punch

IMG
That has 'elite' all over it. :P
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2015, 03:19 PM
IMG
That has 'elite' all over it. :P
Oh yeah, that game. Didn't play it as one of dem hot cosplayers grabbed our attention and had to take a picture with them. :P

DildoKKKobold

Uh what? You met me, Joe... I also apparently got to meet Bigus. All that, and syphic gifted me a nice little case... More on that later.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2015, 06:02 PM
Uh what? You met me, Joe... I also apparently got to meet Bigus. All that, and syphic gifted me a nice little case... More on that later.
Wouldn't surprise me, met a lot of people that day. Crazy never came across Aaron though.

Joe Redifer

Both Dave and I have been graced with con flu. Or rather con head cold. Fun times.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/20/2015, 08:08 PMBoth Dave and I have been graced with con flu. Or rather con head cold. Fun times.
Yeah you and me both. And my buddy is sicker than shit too. Had a hell of a time talking on the phone today, people kept asking who's this teenager and what happened to our normal support guy? lol Darkie, I'm curious to where we have met. Or if you met an untimely fate from my buddy's M. Bison charge in Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition I'm sure he would like to talk with you.

sirhcman

xcrement5x

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/20/2015, 08:08 PMBoth Dave and I have been graced with con flu. Or rather con head cold. Fun times.
You have have been gotten by the con plague.  At least PRGE looks like it's somewhat normally people, anime cons bring out a whole other different type of attendee.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2015, 10:05 PM
You have have been gotten by the con plague.  At least PRGE looks like it's somewhat normally people, anime cons bring out a whole other different type of attendee.
Define normal. lol I'm sure it had something to do with the fact there were around 6,000-8,000 people there. I do know during Gamesack's Q&A there were at least 100 people stuffed in that little room.

Joe Redifer

syphic

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/21/2015, 03:08 AMWe estimated about 200.
Thanks for stopping by our booth Joe. If I recall you picked up my dupe of Shape Shifter. Wanted to say hi but you guys were recording. Awesome event. Great city. Will definitely be back next year. Now off to bed, I think I'm coming down with a bad "case" of the flu.
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

PCEngineHell

LOL @ DK stressing over the pivotal moment in his life where he met some other forum members at a con, yet no one remembers him. DK fails to realize, for everyone else, it was the equivalent of just another Tuesday.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 10/21/2015, 10:21 AMLOL @ DK stressing over the pivotal moment in his life where he met some other forum members at a con, yet no one remembers him. DK fails to realize, for everyone else, it was the equivalent of just another Tuesday.
They didn't know it was me, because I didn't introduce myself as "DarkKobold" you halfwit.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2015, 11:33 AMThey didn't know it was me, because I didn't introduce myself as "DarkKobold" you halfwit.
Where are all of your pictures from the exposition? You are a professional photographer ffs!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2015, 11:33 AM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 10/21/2015, 10:21 AMLOL @ DK stressing over the pivotal moment in his life where he met some other forum members at a con, yet no one remembers him. DK fails to realize, for everyone else, it was the equivalent of just another Tuesday.
They didn't know it was me, because I didn't introduce myself as "DarkKobold" you halfwit.
People know what you look like knob. Your pics been posted before. People simply dont fucking care.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 10/21/2015, 12:48 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/21/2015, 11:33 AM
People know what you look like knob. Your pics been posted before. People simply dont fucking care.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for that, dude.

P.S. Nice job ignoring me, halfwit. Get a job.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2015, 12:52 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/21/2015, 11:33 AM

Thanks for that, dude.

Well you know, someone told me you were feeling a bit irked about not getting some kinda due recognition at some con, so I got curious. Seems it was true. Cant help but laugh at that, and you back peddling about it now, acting like you didn't want people to know who you were. You were the one here having to remind people that they met you there after all. Attention whore caught in the act yet again. Just how low can DK go? Pretty low.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to giving hand jobs for food DK. Off I go, back to do some gaming on World of Tanks. Enjoy.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 10/21/2015, 01:00 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/21/2015, 12:52 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/21/2015, 11:33 AM

Thanks for that, dude.

Well you know, someone told me you were feeling a bit irked about not getting some kinda due recognition at some con, so I got curious. Seems it was true. Cant help but laugh at that, and you back peddling about it now, acting like you didn't want people to know who you were. You were the one here having to remind people that they met you there after all. Attention whore caught in the act yet again. Just how low can DK go? Pretty low.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to giving hand jobs for food DK. Off I go, back to do some gaming on World of Tanks. Enjoy.
There is a gigantic reason no one would recognize me, halfwit.

Thanks to Saru, I now understand why Joe called Bigus by my handle.  Apparently, in the panel, Joe called Bigus DarkKobold. Bigus didn't take to kindly to that, lol. I was just trying to figure out why I got a callout in this thread. Joe doesn't know who I am. Bigus is still trying to figure out.

How about you get off your video games, and get a real job? Oh wait, our friendly keyboard warrior is too good for a job.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

MNKyDeth

Are there locations by Michigan where these events happen? I would like to attend one.... But Ohio, Illinois would be about as far as I would go.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 10/21/2015, 01:30 PMAre there locations by Michigan where these events happen? I would like to attend one.... But Ohio, Illinois would be about as far as I would go.
There's The Midwest Gaming Classic:
https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/location/
That's in Wisconsin. Never been there, but it looks close to being as large as the one in Portland.

MNKyDeth

Intersting... I know I can take myself and my car across Lake Michigan via boat.... wonder if it would be feasible for me.

NecroPhile

There's also Josh's Pizza n Games yearly meet ups (or possibly meat ups.... bring lube just in case).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!