Ideas on making TurboTap a DuoTap

Started by K-2, 10/26/2015, 01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-2

My OCD is to blame for this, but having a Duotap be white when everything else about the console is black, though it is authentic, seems lame to me. before I pry open my Turbotap, I thought I'd ask how feasible it is to swap the TG-16 sized dins for Turbo sized ones?

I realize the holes for the ports will be larger than they need to be, which may cause its own problems, but it seems like it would be cool to try and make a "Duo Murder Tap" and keep it all black.

Also has anyone tried putting a whole Duo tap board into a Turbotap housing?... that might work also, but I don't own to look at it myself. buying 5 minidins to make the swap would probably be cheaper.

Keith Courage

The pin holes are completely different on each motherboard. Mini Din and regular Din pins will not just simply line up. I suppose you could glue the port to the board and then run the respected wires to each pin but that would be a ridiculous amount of work.

In all honesty I think it would be much easier to take apart a pc engine tap and just spray paint or dye  the casing the color you want.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Keith Courage on 10/26/2015, 01:31 AMIn all honesty I think it would be much easier to take apart a pc engine tap and just spray paint or dye  the casing the color you want.
+1

If all you want to do is change the color, just change the color.  Even with careful prep work, it'd be the easiest (and best looking) solution.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DeshDildo

Agree, many of the plastic dye's come out looking very good.  Try and message forum member Jelloslug as he has been using a dye that is a perfect match for the U.S. Duo.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"