Turbob Xpress: Bringing affordable "gamer's" games to the community! Nearly Gone

Started by BlueBMW, 10/29/2015, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gentlegamer

USPS finally remembered how to deliver a package, second run of the Turbob Express pulled into the station.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

GohanX

Platinumfungi

Quote from: martinine on 12/07/2015, 10:46 PMMine are also in today! Everything works perfectly! So much fun playing through a few minutes each. Suddenly an hour had gone by and it felt like 5 minutes! I especially love the screeches Godzilla makes at any key press. Nice work Hudson.

Anyway, thanks again to Bernie, BlueBMW, and friends. It would have certainly been nearly impossible for me to ascertain all the rare to "holy grail eBay monsters" otherwise.

Best community on the web.
I second this :) I really can't stress this enough - A HUGE thank you to Bernie, BlueBMW, and everyone else who is making this possible! I'm having a blast playing these games.

Due to the high prices they fetch on eBay, I could never justify purchasing any of these titles. So, this is literally the FIRST time I'm playing all of these games. Last weekend I sat down to test out Rondo of Blood...and found myself glued to my TV until I got 100%. Playing my Duo R just became 20X as awesome thanks to you guys. To be able to sit down and play so many legendary games that I've wanted to for so many years now is simply incredible. You guys are definitely making this the best Christmas ever :) I'm in NEC heaven!

Best community on the web, indeed!

(Got my Batch 2 games yesterday. Thank you!!)
IMG

Vimtoman

technozombie

I received mine today, only had time to pop in DEII so far and it's awesome. Thanks again guys.

T2KFreeker

Maybe it's jsut me, but is there somewhere on the board that high resolution scans of the artwork for the covers and rear inserts can be posted here? I appreciate that there are copies of the booklets and such being made, but I don't generally need all of that. I just want them to look really nice in my collection in cases. Make changes to the stuff so that it doesn't look perfect to the real deal, I just want them to match my other official games for my own collection purposes. I can't find this stuff to save my life, other than Dracula X of course. I have a REALLY nice Laser Jet printer and would like to make them myself. Anyone at all can help me or point me somewhere where I can find the atuff I need already? I have exhausted my sources...
END OF LINE.

Mathius

Quote from: T2KFreeker on 12/08/2015, 07:12 PMMaybe it's jsut me, but is there somewhere on the board that high resolution scans of the artwork for the covers and rear inserts can be posted here? I appreciate that there are copies of the booklets and such being made, but I don't generally need all of that. I just want them to look really nice in my collection in cases. Make changes to the stuff so that it doesn't look perfect to the real deal, I just want them to match my other official games for my own collection purposes. I can't find this stuff to save my life, other than Dracula X of course. I have a REALLY nice Laser Jet printer and would like to make them myself. Anyone at all can help me or point me somewhere where I can find the atuff I need already? I have exhausted my sources...
Sunteam Paul's site has cover scans I think.

www.pcengine.co.uk

slinkyturd

70/95 US Turbochips

tbone3969

Quote from: Mathius on 12/08/2015, 08:19 PM
Quote from: T2KFreeker on 12/08/2015, 07:12 PMMaybe it's jsut me, but is there somewhere on the board that high resolution scans of the artwork for the covers and rear inserts can be posted here? I appreciate that there are copies of the booklets and such being made, but I don't generally need all of that. I just want them to look really nice in my collection in cases. Make changes to the stuff so that it doesn't look perfect to the real deal, I just want them to match my other official games for my own collection purposes. I can't find this stuff to save my life, other than Dracula X of course. I have a REALLY nice Laser Jet printer and would like to make them myself. Anyone at all can help me or point me somewhere where I can find the atuff I need already? I have exhausted my sources...

www.pcengine.co.uk
The scans there are mainly in Japanese on these rarer "pressed" discs unless I'm missing something.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

T2KFreeker

Quote from: tbone3969 on 12/08/2015, 10:05 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 12/08/2015, 08:19 PM

www.pcengine.co.uk
The scans there are mainly in Japanese on these rarer "pressed" discs unless I'm missing something.
You are correct. Japanese artwork, and in the rare instance they have a game that was released in both regions artwork, the US art is always just the front cover and in Low Resolution. Would print like Hell. Just saying.
END OF LINE.

EmperorIng

Not to mention that the US art uniformly sucks, and is amateurish at best.

NightWolve

Wow, this thread sure got big, I had to go through 30 pages to catch up since I last visited it. ;)

T2KFreeker

Quote from: EmperorIng on 12/08/2015, 11:52 PMNot to mention that the US art uniformly sucks, and is amateurish at best.
Most of the US games in this bunch on CD, the artwork looks fine. Just saying.
END OF LINE.

zebular

Quote from: Platinumfungi on 12/05/2015, 11:22 AM
Quote from: zebular on 12/05/2015, 12:00 AM
Quote from: Platinumfungi on 12/04/2015, 10:31 PMA big Thank You to Bernie, BlueBMW, and everyone else who is involved in making this happen  =D> I got my 'Batch 1' discs today  :mrgreen: I can't wait to finally get a chance to play these games!
Forgot I already made an account on here, think I didn't really stay active because of needing to disclose my blood type and first grade crush just to post messages.
Zebular - I'm confused why you quoted me there. I'm afraid I don't understand :)
Lol, sorry Ryan... It's Jake Friedel

zebular

If you do another pressing of Beyond Shadowgate I would be extremely interested!  I've been wanting to do a play through of the game and I'm not sure how much stress a burnt Verbatim of it is doing on my Duo and TG16 cd, doesn't help the lowest burn speed I can do is 4x.

wilykat

So I am hearing someone got busted for buying these cheap games and flipping them on eBay as genuine.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: zebular on 12/09/2015, 03:32 AMIf you do another pressing of Beyond Shadowgate I would be extremely interested!  I've been wanting to do a play through of the game and I'm not sure how much stress a burnt Verbatim of it is doing on my Duo and TG16 cd, doesn't help the lowest burn speed I can do is 4x.
You might have 5 posts by the time more are available.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

tbone3969

So all the games works for me (Batch 1 & 2) except Might & Magic III.  Anyone having issues with this game?  I am using a TurboGrafx CD set up with the 3.0 card.  TIA
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

LostFlunky

Quote from: tbone3969 on 12/09/2015, 11:18 AMSo all the games works for me (Batch 1 & 2) except Might & Magic III.  Anyone having issues with this game?  I am using a TurboGrafx CD set up with the 3.0 card.  TIA
I couldn't get it working the first time I tried and then the 2nd I stopped it at the memory warning because I remembered you need an empty file cabinet for this game...

I'll move my stool onto a  Tennokoe tonight and see if I can get it working.

NecroPhile

Quote from: tbone3969 on 12/09/2015, 11:18 AMSo all the games works for me (Batch 1 & 2) except Might & Magic III.  Anyone having issues with this game?
Mine played the intro fine, but I didn't go past the memory warning screen.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

tbone3969

Now it's working.  My TurboGrafx CD is just finicky I guess.

T2KFreeker

Quote from: wilykat on 12/09/2015, 10:37 AMSo I am hearing someone got busted for buying these cheap games and flipping them on eBay as genuine.
What asshole did that?
END OF LINE.

GoldenWheels

My games are all dressed up with nowhere to go.   :(

Come on USPS, get me my damn TurboDuo already! I can't even play my hueys as I already gave the stock TG to my step brother for Christmas (why make a man wait!).

EmperorIng

@T2K: there's already an e-drama thread for it in FS. I think it's better if this topic stayed clear of accusations, venting, and other such drama. I would just make this thread a pain to read.

Quote from: tbone3969 on 12/09/2015, 11:53 AMNow it's working.  My TurboGrafx CD is just finicky I guess.
Said everyone about every CD unit ever?  :dance:

T2KFreeker

Quote from: EmperorIng on 12/09/2015, 01:26 PM@T2K: there's already an e-drama thread for it in FS. I think it's better if this topic stayed clear of accusations, venting, and other such drama. I would just make this thread a pain to read.

Quote from: tbone3969 on 12/09/2015, 11:53 AMNow it's working.  My TurboGrafx CD is just finicky I guess.
Well, I'll check it out then I suppose. On a side note, my CD unit works just fine...LOL
END OF LINE.

geise

Quote from: zebular on 12/09/2015, 03:32 AMIf you do another pressing of Beyond Shadowgate I would be extremely interested!  I've been wanting to do a play through of the game and I'm not sure how much stress a burnt Verbatim of it is doing on my Duo and TG16 cd, doesn't help the lowest burn speed I can do is 4x.
You'll be fine.

Keith Courage

Quote from: EmperorIng on 12/09/2015, 01:26 PM@T2K: there's already an e-drama thread for it in FS. I think it's better if this topic stayed clear of accusations, venting, and other such drama. I would just make this thread a pain to read.

what is t2k?

wilykat

technozombie

I had an issue with Dynastic Hero when I enter the first town and the screen went black to load it froze. After waiting awhile I popped the Duo lid open,  then  closed it and it loaded.  I then played through to the next town with no issues.

blueraven

Keith Courage

Quote from: wilykat on 12/09/2015, 03:27 PMt2kfreeker a member of this forum.
. I thought he was referring to some website or forum or something. my mistake.

and by the way, I received my discs as well. Thanks again Bernie.

T2KFreeker

Quote from: Keith Courage on 12/09/2015, 05:53 PM

Ah Keithypoo, I feel insulted as I thought we was friends! LOL Howsit?

On a side note though, I needed to edit this because it still isn't helping me with my issue. The artwork for these games would still be greatly appreciated. I don't care if someone PM's me or whatnot with it, just anything really? Anybody?
END OF LINE.

Bake

Received my games today. Just played through Bonk III. Kind of funny hearing King Drool scream like Godzilla.

Thanks to all. Feeling the Bern.

Flare65

Who is doing the custom cases for MM3, Shadowgate, and Drac X again?  Are they still available?

Mathius

Quote from: Flare65 on 12/09/2015, 10:12 PMWho is doing the custom cases for MM3, Shadowgate, and Drac X again?  Are they still available?
Check with Jodi Whitman on Facebook. I think he's Brapp here maybe?

kiketonto

Quote from: T2KFreeker on 12/09/2015, 12:09 PM
Quote from: wilykat on 12/09/2015, 10:37 AMSo I am hearing someone got busted for buying these cheap games and flipping them on eBay as genuine.
What asshole did that?
Not me, sure.
First batch has arrive at home ten minutes ago! M&M and Shadowgate!
After years trying to play them, now, it's the moment!
This is GREAT!!!!

IvanBeavkov

Quote from: T2KFreeker on 12/09/2015, 07:17 PM

On a side note though, I needed to edit this because it still isn't helping me with my issue. The artwork for these games would still be greatly appreciated. I don't care if someone PM's me or whatnot with it, just anything really? Anybody?
Hey T2k, Here is a link to best rear insert scan for Bonk 3 CD I found.
https://goo.gl/photos/M6ACN9ar5KgQyUoS7

Here is some beyond shadowgate inserts that someone, I think from this forum, recreated. I don't remember who it was.
Front Insert
https://goo.gl/photos/NBJucnkdSzyzkqDf8

Back Insert
https://goo.gl/photos/KQxgynMpYXTaHDZ38

As for the rest of these discs, as far s I can tell, good quality scans of the rear inserts do not exist on the internet. That is why I just made my own inserts based on pictures of the back of the cases found from ebay auctions. So unless someone who has one of these games decides to make a new scan for you, you are probably out of luck.

As for the front booklet images, if you do a google image search you should probably be able to find some good enough scans.

b3cd-box-2.jpg
beyondshadowgateCOVER.webp

zebular

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 12/09/2015, 10:40 AM
You might have 5 posts by the time more are available.
Thanks but he already sent me Rondo and Bonk 3 which I am eternally grateful for!

Bernie

If your system is booting the burns fine without any issues, you should be safe.  Its only when you start hearing it clicking and trying to read that you throw that burn in the trash.  So yeah, if it boots right up, play the shit out of it.

T2KFreeker

Quote from: IvanBeavkov on 12/10/2015, 12:13 PM
Quote from: T2KFreeker on 12/09/2015, 07:17 PM

Hey T2k, Here is a link to best rear insert scan for Bonk 3 CD I found.
https://goo.gl/photos/M6ACN9ar5KgQyUoS7

Here is some beyond shadowgate inserts that someone, I think from this forum, recreated. I don't remember who it was.
Front Insert
https://goo.gl/photos/NBJucnkdSzyzkqDf8

Back Insert
https://goo.gl/photos/KQxgynMpYXTaHDZ38

As for the rest of these discs, as far s I can tell, good quality scans of the rear inserts do not exist on the internet. That is why I just made my own inserts based on pictures of the back of the cases found from ebay auctions. So unless someone who has one of these games decides to make a new scan for you, you are probably out of luck.

As for the front booklet images, if you do a google image search you should probably be able to find some good enough scans.
I appreciate that very much actually. I do have the artwork for Beyond Shadowgate floating around with the book as well as I used to own it until I accidentally cracked the disc...this will work until I can locate it. It's among my BOXES of stuff I packed up and put away as it was talking up space with a bunch of stuff. I have found sources for most of the games. However, Might and Magic III, Godzilla and The Dynastic Hero all Allude me. Anyone at all wanna' help me out here?
END OF LINE.

Jinxed

The discs showed up in the mail today, thank you so much Bernie, Blue and whoever else involved.
They look pretty awesome, now i do not have to buy an original copy of Dracula :)

elderbroom

Shipment in from Bernie yesterday, and shipment in from Jodi (Brraap) today.  Now just need to wait for him to do Godzilla and Japanese Rondo case art.

Merry early Christmas to ME !!!!  Thanks Bernie and everyone that made the distribution of these PCE Memories discs to this forum possible. Thanks to NightWolve  and anyone involved in this, or other translations work .. it's greatly appreciated.  And Thanks to Jodi for the great cases, and that gem of a PC Engine CIB that can be seen in the background.

/2ahxxkx.jpg
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: elderbroom on 12/10/2015, 08:06 PMShipment in from Bernie yesterday, and shipment in from Jodi (Brraap) today.  Now just need to wait for him to do Godzilla and Japanese Rondo case art.

Merry early Christmas to ME !!!!  Thanks Bernie and everyone that made the distribution of these PCE Memories discs to this forum possible. Thanks to NightWolve  and anyone involved in this, or other translations work .. it's greatly appreciated.  And Thanks to Jodi for the great cases, and that gem of a PC Engine CIB that can be seen in the background.

/2ahxxkx.jpg
nice! still waiting for my cases to come in!

EmperorIng

The second batch arrived and as others have mentioned, are of high quality. Thanks again.

It's also nice to play a Working Designs game that's not filled with fart jokes.

NightWolve

Got mine a few days ago, thanks again Bernie and for everything you've done for me over the years!!!! I mean that! You look out for your homies, a rare quality these days!

That $170 you raised from folks on my behalf puts a good dent in one of the greatest mistakes in my lifetime that I have to live with, the $550 I donated to that m0therf--ker Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum as both a wedding gift (7-7-2007) and donation/profit sharing... I guess if I add that with galam, bigus, technozombie, with Professor's previous donation drive, it's at least 75% recovered...

/tangent

So yeah, on paper, I basically paid him $550 to, a) almost libel me in a GamesTM mag issue which editors luckily cut so it got left in a HardcoreGaming101 post thanks to Psycho John Schizomaniak, b) figure out how to manually port every last Ys translated result from our fan translation projects to XSEED Games in secret, pocket 100% credit/profit, then sit there year after year after year playing stupid like he suddenly lost all my contact info, c) cheat me for a 2nd time after I got in touch with XSEED's veep at the time, Ken Berry, and almost got him to correct the crediting, but him reporting back to me that DeuceBag was "adamant" my "work" wasn't used so his position was he cheated me fair and square when the whole issue is reduced to a f--king typing game and not work hours much less using my translation software one last time for commercial purposes...

It does remind me though, it's time for me to break my direct silence to him. I started writing up an email to him to formally demand back my $550... He pocketed everything with XSEED, ensured I was cheated from crediting both times, he and his disgusting, bigoted newfound pals got to demonize me as a profiteer all the while privately he thanked me for paying that month's rent... So I took all the heat from the troll monsters of GameFAQs/4chan in how I raised the money with the Felghana patch, he played both sides in terms of PR, then threw me under the bus for not working fast enough for him on Ys Origin and because Thomas Lipschultz plus his programmer gave him a redirect double-cross opportunity, the same exact thing he pulled off when he got hired by XSEED...

But there I am, a horrible judge of character that subsidized the bastard to make a fool of me and nobody can really tell me how to undo this... Of my MANY mistakes, I never should've lobbied/pestered for his return for Ys II Complete and Ys IV, but I tried 3 other translators and couldn't get them to finish/work on it... If only I knew SamIAm from back then, I could've cut all relations with him after Ys I Complete... I would've stopped him from gaining anything from XSEED and he wouldn't get to portray himself as a hero for one project he essentially tricked me into working on... He doesn't deserve any of it, he's a pure bigoted, callous monster that fooled me for years...

/end tangent

Anyway, I would thank Bonknuts for the Dracula X translation project (he has a Paypal donate BTW, so feel free to help him out! He donated $50 to me BITD, so stand up guy!) but it appears I got a regular unpatched Japanese one... That's no fun... I want the one that makes BurntLasagna angry. :)

Mathius

^^I had an extra Drac X translated but I gave it to a good friend as a Christmas Gift. I know there's more looking for homes so it won't be hard to give you the hookup.

Wolvie, bud, this might never end in justice for you but what my prayers will now include is for you to be able to have peace from this mess. Inner peace. It's just eating you away, brother, and that saddens me. Truly. May God shower His grace on this man. He deserves it. Nick's a good joe.

T2KFreeker

@NightWolve; all I can say is Wow Man. That's a big string of BS you have had to put up with. I hope you find what you are looking for and that all of it comes full circle for you. Sorry to hear all this happened to you, Brother. Especially since it appears you put a lot of time and effort into your stuff just to get screwed over. Just remember; Karma's a Bitch and sooner or later, she comes a knocking. They'll get theirs. No doubt about it.
END OF LINE.

NightWolve

Karma, basically waiting and hoping for justice to come around in their direction but it never happens... ;) At best, my boycott and exposing it all likely prevented him from getting to port the Ys VI script he was sitting on with my software from our 2004 project, but by then he ported 4 scripts from our fan projects and got 2 other new translation jobs that had nothing to do with me... If SamIAm was around when I was trying to finish Ys II Complete cause Shimarisu quit at 70%, it could've gone to him or anybody else! But I went back to DeuceBag, then we immediately got started on Felghana because he was the only available translator at this time... :/

Thing is, I kept silent for 2 years after the Felghana deal which was another mistake, I should've unloaded as soon as I first learned what was going on... I was too scared and angry to do anything other than pretend it was at least nice that XSEED chose to commercialize fan translated results... Little did I know it was my nemesis at the company (Thomas Lipschultz, another translator I worked with) that orchestrated the deals. Didn't find that out till 6 months later, then I was like, "OH, THAT'S WHY!!!..." In reality, all I needed was his name, that told me everything as to why they set out to cheat me when it's clear they shouldn't have touched the fan projects and instead translated as usual with pros...

Tom tried to hide behind the idea of embarrassment for the company when it came to me, well, then I learned DeuceBag c0ck-flashed the NeoGeo forums and I made sure as many Ys fans know about how his c0ck-bragging Xak-style led to flashing.... Guess what, Tom's not embarrassed by that and told me he could do the same thing right now and still keep his job at XSEED. I told him go ahead, c0ck-flash the Internet, join him, but he never took me up on that dare of course... ;)

Anyway, appreciate the moral support and forgive the touchy nature of this tangent.

TR0N

Received,pce works repro's a few days ago thanks again berine ! This pretty much fills up what's left for what i wanted in domestic releases.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

xasap_retro_gamerx

Got my bonk and Dracula X today time to have fun thanks Bearnie let me know when you have a new list !