RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

salutations!

Started by CatPix, 10/31/2015, 01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CatPix

Hello everyone and everybody!

I'm a 26 years old retrogamer from France. I've been collecting systems for about 15 years from now, and been introduced to the PC engine recently. Well kinda.
I acquired a PC engine Coregrafx from a fanatic of the system about 2 years ago, but until recently, haven't been able to look for games and stuff, so while I had the system and two games, I was just concentrating around other systems as well.

And recently I decided to spend some money and time for the PC engine, as I came to a point where I decided that I had enough hardware, and that it might even be a good idea to choose which ones to keep, and which ones to clear out.
I found myself getting more and more games, and stepping up and acquiring a CD-ROM² expansion; and I decided to keep the system after all. It's a nice, powerful machine with lots of interesting games and hardware stuff.

I collect for (too) many systems so I might not be around here so much, but I hope I will be around a bit to share some love and stuff about the system.
That Interface Unit is going to get RGB modded soon enough.

Bernie

Welcome to the site friend!  Little bit of advice, get some thick skin at first..  We tend to be rough for a minute.  :)

Warbucks

Gentlegamer

French? Do you know David Michel?
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Bardoly

Welcome to Pcenginefx!

Yes, if you must trim down your collection, make sure that you keep your PC Engine.

CatPix

I'm not the one to impulsivery sell everything :D

So this one won't go for sure.

I know vaguely of a David Michel that is a ventriloquist, but that's about it... :D

I wouldn't suscribe here only to get ride of my PC-Engine collection ;) when I think about trimming, it's that I have some reliable console in double, some that I haven't used for many months, etc... and for which I don't have many games on and none I wanna keep.
Clearly the PC engine is NOT of those consoles :D

Gentlegamer

David Michel is the French author of the Magic Engine emulator, I believe the first PCE emulator in the late 90s.

http://www.magicengine.com/
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

CatPix

Heh I see, that's nice.

There was quite a good following of the PC-Engien in France, with SodipEng exporting the system from 1991 to 1994 if I recall right.

I didn't get on Internet until 1999/2000, and never heard of the PC engine before 2010 I think, this explain why I don't know about him.

Plus, even if David Michel isn't exactly a "John Doe" or "John Smith" kind of name, it's close enough :D

Gentlegamer

I thought everyone in France knew each other.
IMG

CatPix

Only outside of Paris, man  #-o

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Sarumaru

Welcome. No thick skin needed here, everyone loves each other here. <3

toktogul

bienvenue mon cher!
Si tu as besoin de quoi que ce soit, fais moi signe. J`habite au Japon, je peux t`aider a denicher des bons prix pour des jeux de pc engine. c`est une belle famille ici, tu vas ty plaire.

Au plaisir!

blueraven

How goes it? Welcome.

I may resurrect the lolcats thread in honor of your screen-name.

Elder

CatPix

Thanks to everyone :)

Quote from: toktogul on 11/05/2015, 12:01 AMbienvenue mon cher!
Si tu as besoin de quoi que ce soit, fais moi signe. J`habite au Japon, je peux t`aider a denicher des bons prix pour des jeux de pc engine. c`est une belle famille ici, tu vas ty plaire.

Au plaisir!
On en parlera en IM, je cherche des choses :p C'est pas tellement une question de prix des jeux eux-même que souvent, du prix de la livraison ^^

Is there a place to sho up pics of our collections? or this thread will do fine enough?

Gentlegamer

Quote from: CatPix on 11/05/2015, 05:44 PMIs there a place to sho up pics of our collections? or this thread will do fine enough?
Don't do that.
IMG

NecroPhile

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=16418

There's been a few different threads over the years, but this one is probably your best bet.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CatPix

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/06/2015, 11:16 AMDon't do that.
Why? the worst that could happen is people mocking my small collection :D

Gentlegamer

Quote from: CatPix on 11/06/2015, 03:20 PM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/06/2015, 11:16 AMDon't do that.
Why? the worst that could happen is people mocking my small collection :D
And get called a collectard.

IMG
IMG

CatPix

I don't mind. Real hardware FTW!
That's my solution most of the time : real hardware, and flashcarts for games.

esteban

Welcome, comrade :)

Please tell me you are still interested in the PCE...it's been over a month!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG