OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Let's talk toys.

Started by Medic_wheat, 11/01/2015, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

IMG

Well got this old 1960s snoopy for like $5.

Dingy dingy dingy yellow and brown.

Tossed some hydrogen peroxide on it sealed it and let it site in sun light for three days on the window sill.

It has shortened up well but going to try and get it just a LITTLE more whiteness.

Anyone else ever try this as well?

technozombie

I've never tried it,  its a good thing to know about though.

xcrement5x

This is the same premise as using retrobrite.  I normally use 20% vol liquid from Sally Beauty per the king of peroxide Arkhan.  I will also buy the higher concentration stuff and then just dilute it myself with water.  I've actually got a N64 peripheral sitting in some right now while I'm at work.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Enternal

Quote from: guest on 11/02/2015, 05:10 PMThis is the same premise as using retrobrite.  I normally use 20% vol liquid from Sally Beauty per the king of peroxide Arkhan.  I will also buy the higher concentration stuff and then just dilute it myself with water.  I've actually got a N64 peripheral sitting in some right now while I'm at work.
I've used the 40% on yellow consoles with good success. Although the nasty ones would take a few applications.

Remove the shell or any yellowed piece that you want to whiten. (Don't just glob it all over something with electronics inside) Once you have the piece, then you cover the piece in the developer http://www.sallybeauty.com/creme-developer/SLNCAR63,default,pd.html. Wrap it in some some plastic wrap to slow it from drying out. Leave it in the sun. For a day, rinse it off and repeat of necessary.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Enternal on 11/04/2015, 07:21 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/02/2015, 05:10 PMThis is the same premise as using retrobrite.  I normally use 20% vol liquid from Sally Beauty per the king of peroxide Arkhan.  I will also buy the higher concentration stuff and then just dilute it myself with water.  I've actually got a N64 peripheral sitting in some right now while I'm at work.
I've used the 40% on yellow consoles with good success. Although the nasty ones would take a few applications.

Remove the shell or any yellowed piece that you want to whiten. (Don't just glob it all over something with electronics inside) Once you have the piece, then you cover the piece in the developer http://www.sallybeauty.com/creme-developer/SLNCAR63,default,pd.html. Wrap it in some some plastic wrap to slow it from drying out. Leave it in the sun. For a day, rinse it off and repeat of necessary.
I did this method (with the saran wrap) on a SNES and I got crazy blooming all over the plastic.  It seemed like a good idea but I still ran into the same issue unfortunately.  The liquid submersion technique seems to be the best to get consistent results in my opinion.  I am going to try and dunk the bloomed SNES in a liquid bath and see if it equalized everything at all.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

SignOfZeta

After making my PCE/IFU/CDROM2 perfectly white, only to see it turn back to the exact same shade of yellow in three years, I'm not messing with this shit again. If it can't be easily painted I'm just going to leave it yellow.
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Yep, I've done some retr0brighting.
From
IMG to IMG and from IMG to IMG
--DragonmasterDan

Jason_dicarlo85

Not retrobrite related but I just found a crossfire game just like the one I had as a kid and I'm super excited to play it with my boys  :dance:

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Jason_dicarlo85 on 11/08/2015, 03:25 PMNot retrobrite related but I just found a crossfire game just like the one I had as a kid and I'm super excited to play it with my boys  :dance:
CROSS FIYA! YOU'LL GET CAUGHT UP IN THA CROSS FIYA, CROSS FIYA CROS FIYAAAAAAAA!
--DragonmasterDan

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Jason_dicarlo85 on 11/08/2015, 03:25 PMNot retrobrite related but I just found a crossfire game just like the one I had as a kid and I'm super excited to play it with my boys  :dance:
I remember the comical more then the game. But then again I never played it. I just really really remember that one commercial lol.

Jason_dicarlo85

Lol yeah it was a bad ass commercial

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/08/2015, 09:51 PM
I remember the comical more then the game. But then again I never played it. I just really really remember that one commercial lol.
Who could ever forget the implied joy of banishing your opponent to some sort of questionable purgatory by wormhole?  Also, the song was pretty awesome.

spawnshop

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/05/2015, 11:08 AM
Yep, I've done some retr0brighting.
From
IMG to IMG and from IMG to IMG
want to try this with my NES....how long did it take per console?

xcrement5x

It depends how you do it.  With the paste there are normally multiple applications.  I use the submersion method, talked up by Arkhan because I think that it gives more consistent results with no splotchyness. 

Here was a SFC I did:
IMG
Super Famicom Peroxide Treatment by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Details in another thread:
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12512.msg408632#msg408632