List of PC Engine / TG16 Card & CD Games

Started by Daedalus_, 11/23/2015, 05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daedalus_

Hi,

here you can grab a copy of my PC Engine/Turbografx template.
I hope you like it and find it useful.
The file is password protected.
Msg me if u want the pw.

Preview:
IMGIMG

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hl4idgroirh6ez/NEC%20PC%20Engine%20Template%2020160515%20737.zip?dl=0

Details:
Fonts: Arial, Arial Black
Format: ODS Spreadsheet

Last Update:

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!

For any titles where you're missing info, check out PCECP.  For 21 Emon, it says it supports 1-4 players.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Daedalus_

thx Necromancer ;)
I'll check out that site

@CrackTiger
Yes, i already know this site, but it had several errors in their listings.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Daedalus_ on 11/23/2015, 05:25 PMthx Necromancer ;)
I'll check out that site

@Black Tiger
Yes, i already know this site, but it had several errors in their listings.
If you don't mind, can you please contact someone at the site (if there is any contact info) and let them know of any you've found?

The PCE Catalog Project is based on the PCE Catalog discs. If you want info which may be the most reliable, you could reference volume 6. But I wouldn't trust any source to be 100% correct.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Daedalus_

@CrackTiger

I don't know who I should contact at pcedaisakusen.net.
The site had some translation errors and in my opinion, doesn't distinguish properly between Developer and Publisher. Their entries are nearly always the same and just lists both (or several companies) for each criteria.
This is just unprecise/sloppy.

And regarding PCECP:
I remembered that I checked out that site earlier, but disregarded it, because there are f.e. spelling/translation errors, kanji/katakana/hiragana are not properly displayed and they also listed some faulty Developer/Publisher infos, for which claims I rarely found any proof.
Example of a simple spelling error: Ankoku Densetsu
It is listed there as Ankoko Densetsu.

Bardoly

Welcome to Pcenginefx!

I know that I would love to have a list which accurately states how many players each game supports.

Daedalus_

@Bardoly
Ok.
When I'm done I'll msg you.
You're so far the only one that asked for a copy.

Here's a preview of the head of the document.
Not much going on, just some simple calculations and a diagram. ;)
IMG

Here's a list of systems I covered so far, which I only shared with fellow german collectors:
http://circuit-board.de/forum/index.php/Thread/10546-Sammlung-verwalten-Tabellen-f%C3%BCr-Konsolen-Spiele/

And regarding PCECP once more:
I tried to register there to contribute, but never got a reply.

Another error in their DB is f.e. the listed Developer for Fushigi no Yume no Alice.
See entry on the japanese Wikipedia page.
It's not Face. It was Sankido.
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%8D%E6%80%9D%E8%AD%B0%E3%81%AE%E5%A4%A2%E3%81%AE%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9
Since Sankido is apparently defunct & stopped making games ca. 24 years ago, there sadly doesn't exist a company website with details.
In general I wouldn't refer to wikipedia, but the japanese version is usually a lot more accurate.
US, german, french, etc. are all filled with errors.

Also, can someone confirm that the Player entry for Juuouki (獣王記) (aka. Altered Beast)
CD version is correct?
The HUCARD version had, like the Genesis, support for 2 players.
See: http://pcecp.com/?mode=catalog&action=info&gameid=21
Was this really stripped from the japanese CD release?

wildfruit

Welcome. I admire German precision! That's why I just ordered a BMW.
Be a dear and pop to Regensburg for me to hurry them up.

Daedalus_

Nobody has the jap. Version of Altered Beast and could check real quick? :(

Furthermore, I found discrepancies in 2 Barcodes.
Maybe someone can help & confirm it.
thx in advance

Barcode 092218001825 is used twice!
John Madden DUO CD Football (US)
Might And Magic III - Isles Of Terra (US)

Barcode 092218001696 is used twice!
4 in 1 Super CD (US)
Lords Of Thunder (US)

Daedalus_

nobody has those games and can help?

spenoza

Quote from: Daedalus_ on 12/05/2015, 12:10 PMnobody has those games and can help?
That sounds a little passive aggressive for someone who wants others to help him out and didn't even wait a full week for a bump. If you want our assistance, it might be worth the extra politeness.

VenomMacbeth

I have the games but I can't help because my kid smeared diaper guac all over the barcodes.  Soaked right through, completely illegible.

Good news though: you won the raffle!  PM me your address & I'll send you le stinky games.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

elmer

Quote from: Daedalus_ on 11/30/2015, 05:30 AMBarcode 092218001696 is used twice!
4 in 1 Super CD (US)
Lords Of Thunder (US)
That barcode belongs to Lords Of Thunder.

AFAIK the 4-in-1 doesn't have a barcode ... it was a pack-in with the Turbo Duo and not a separate retail product.

FYI ... this particular forum is more skewed to people who want to play games rather than collect things.

When your spreadsheets start with summaries like ...

"Total Amount of Money Spent"

and ...

"Total Number of Games"
"Investment per Game"

... then you may have started out by making some people here a little wary of you.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Daedalus_ on 11/30/2015, 05:30 AMNobody has the jap. Version of Altered Beast and could check real quick? :(

Furthermore, I found discrepancies in 2 Barcodes.
Maybe someone can help & confirm it.
thx in advance

Barcode 092218001825 is used twice!
John Madden DUO CD Football (US)
Might And Magic III - Isles Of Terra (US)

Barcode 092218001696 is used twice!
4 in 1 Super CD (US)
Lords Of Thunder (US)
That term is against the forum rules.

If you're looking for the Japanese version of Altered Beast, then your list likely contains several errors. It wasn't released in North America and there are two versions of it for PC Engine: HuCard and CD2.

I don't know if the Canadian UPC stickers have the same barcodes, but here are the ones I have:

John Madden: 059376010458

M&MIII: 092218001825 (bought from the US)

Lords of Thunder: 059376010335

Quote from: elmer on 12/05/2015, 01:23 PM
Quote from: Daedalus_ on 11/30/2015, 05:30 AMBarcode 092218001696 is used twice!
4 in 1 Super CD (US)
Lords Of Thunder (US)
That barcode belongs to Lords Of Thunder.

AFAIK the 4-in-1 doesn't have a barcode ... it was a pack-in with the Turbo Duo and not a separate retail product.

FYI ... this particular forum is more skewed to people who want to play games rather than collect things.

When your spreadsheets start with summaries like ...

and ...

"Total Number of Games"
"Investment per Game"

... then you may have started out by making some people here a little wary of you.
Plus he/she has yet to post anything other than asking for contributions to their list.

martinine

Welcome welcome! This is a great community, and I know you will enjoy it.
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

Daedalus_

Thx for the replies & your input guys :D

@spenoza
I wasn't passive aggressive...
I just didnt want the thread to be forgotten...
But ok, sorry. I wait longer next time - or won't push.

@VenomMacbeth
lol :D
no thx

@elmer
GameFAQS has a cover scan for the "4 in 1 Super CD"
Check this out: http://www.gamefaqs.com/turbocd/604326-4-in-1-super-cd/images/1176823
And yes, I know it was a pack-in, but assumed it would have a barcode nonetheless.
Is the scan they have a fake?

Well, everyone can input whatever they want. ;)
I also know ppl, who don't care what they spent on, but I think its useful to know.
Everyone can choose their preference.
But why do you say I might've alienated others? :/

@Black Tiger
Yes, the CD version of Altered Beast only came out in Japan. I know.
That's why its listed twice in my template: 1x HUCARD (US+JP) and 1x CD-ROM² (JP only)

Why was it against forum rules?
Should I have rather posted the question in "TG-16/TE/TurboDuo Discussion"?

I assumed others here, would also be interested in such a template.
I personally like to have a PDF with me, when I go to a retro swap-meet or convention, so I know what to get - or don't.

John Madden Duo CD Football has the same barcode, according to f.e.:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/turbocd/916056-john-madden-duo-cd-football/images/147813
https://www.barcodelookup.com/092218001825

Lords of Thunder
059376010335 ?
Do you have a pic?
I cannot find proof for this.
Same as before: GameFAQs & Barcodelookup show another code:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/turbocd/916082-lords-of-thunder/images/157368
https://www.barcodelookup.com/092218001696

Its not just "my list".
In the end, if you guys want to, I'll share the template here ofc and you can do whatever you want with it :)
Well mostly, the only thing I want to ask for is, that noone profits from this.
I'm doing these templates in my spare time. For the communities.
Thats it.

Was I really rude to ask for help?
I didn't mean to be...

NecroPhile

Quote from: Daedalus_ on 12/07/2015, 12:14 PMAnd yes, I know it was a pack-in, but assumed it would have a barcode nonetheless.
Yep, they're fake.  Included was an plain jewel case with white tray, three separate manuals for Gate of Thunder, Bonk's Adventure, and Bonk's Revenge, and a little card mentioning the hidden Bomberman; there is no official tray liner thing.

Bernie

The term Jap is against the rules, because technically it could be viewed as racist I guess.  I abreviate it as well, and dont quite understand the solid rule.  I guess some bad apples made it a rule sonewhere along the line.

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

elmer

Quote from: Daedalus_ on 12/07/2015, 12:14 PMAnd yes, I know it was a pack-in, but assumed it would have a barcode nonetheless.
Yes, it's a fake, as Necromancer explained.

QuoteWell, everyone can input whatever they want. ;)
I also know ppl, who don't care what they spent on, but I think its useful to know.
Everyone can choose their preference.
But why do you say I might've alienated others? :/
I'm just letting you know how some folks here tend to react to people who focus more on collecting boxes rather than playing.

It's up to you to decide whether that description applies to you.

Folks here are very friendly and welcoming to people that genuinely love the system and its games.

Personally, I'd be happy to see an easy-to-use comprehensive spreadsheet of information about the system.

Daedalus_

Quote from: Bernie on 12/07/2015, 01:02 PMThe term Jap is against the rules, because technically it could be viewed as racist I guess.
Oh. ok.
That was of course definetly not my intention!
I only wanted to abbreviate, which is why there is a "dot" behind it as well.

Quote from: elmer on 12/07/2015, 01:19 PMI'm just letting you know how some folks here tend to react to people who focus more on collecting boxes rather than playing.
It's up to you to decide whether that description applies to you.
Folks here are very friendly and welcoming to people that genuinely love the system and its games.
Personally, I'd be happy to see an easy-to-use comprehensive spreadsheet of information about the system.
Ok.
Well, I have been playing (!) and collecting for ca. 3/4 of my life now.
There are points in life, when free time becomes rare and one tends to do more collecting than playing, but still, if I wouldn't still have passion for it, I would stop.
Passion is what counts in my opinion.

On the other hand, I don't get sealed collectors. I see no appeal to that.
Games are meant to be played.
Homes are not there to recreate a shopping mall.

toaks

I'd like a copy when you are done. Will be useful as a checklist for building my collection.

Daedalus_

Hi toaks,
I'm mostly done with it.
Am just looking for some ppl to proofread, before i finalize it. Some IDs and barcodes are missing.
For example:

Which US Parasol Stars ID is correct? TWG030701 or WTG030701
Which US Sherlock Holmes no Tantei Kouza ID is correct? TGXCD1011 or TXCD1011

missing barcodes:
Ryūkyū (琉球) (or Ryuukyuu) (FA02-005)
Tsuru Teruhito No Jissen Kabushiki Bai Bai Game (都留照人の実戦株式倍バイゲーム) (IG89001)
Turrican (US) (ATGX04TUTG)
Sonic Spike (US) (ITGX10001)
Cyber City Oedo 808 (サイバーシティ オーエド 808 獣の属性) (NSCD0003)
Dekoboko Densetsu - Hashiru Wagamanma (デコボコ伝説 走るワガマンマー) (TJCD0013)
Efera & Jiliora - The Emblem From Darkness (エフェラ アンド ジリオラ ジ・エンブレム フロム ダークネス) (BRCD1002)
Exile - Toki No Hazama E (エグザイル ~時の狭間へ~) (JP) + (US)
Fighting Street (ファイティング・ストリート) (JP)
Gambler Jikochuushinha (ぎゅわんぶらあ自己中心派 CDだよ全員集合!! 激闘36雀士) (or Gambler Jiko Chuushinha)
Gulclight TDF 2 (ガルクライトTDF2) (aka. Terrestrial Defense Force 2)
It Came from the Desert (US)
J.B.Harold Series #1 Murder Club (J. B. ハロルド 殺人クラブ) (JP) / J.B. Harold Murder Club (US)
Jack Nicklaus' World Tour Golf (ジャック・ニクラウス162ホール ワールド・ゴルフ・ツアー) (JP)
Kagami no Kuni no Legend (鏡の国のレジェンド)
Kawa No Nushitsuri Shizenha (川のぬし釣り 自然派)
Last Armagedon (ラストハルマゲドン)
Mashou Denki La Valeur (魔晶伝記 ラ・ヴァルー)
Meikyuu No Elfine - Faerie Dust Story (迷宮のエルフィーネ)
Naritore The Sugoroku '92 Nariagari Trendy (なりトレ ザ・スゴロク'92 NARIAGARI TRENDY)
Pachio-kun Maboroshi No Densetsu (パチ夫くん 幻の伝説) (REGULAR + LE)
Quiz Avenue (クイズアベニュー)
Sherlock Holmes no Tantei Kouza 2 (シャーロック・ホームズの探偵講座 II) (aka. Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Volume 2)
Sol Bianca (ソル・ビアンカ)
Splash Lake (スプラッシュレイク) (US)
Super Schwarzschild (スーパーシュヴァルツシルト)
Tengai Makyou - Ziria (天外魔境 ZIRIA) (aka. Far East of Eden – Ziria)
The Magical Dinosaur Tour (マジカルサウルスツアー 最新恐竜図解大辞典) (JP)
Valis 3 (US)
Vasteel (バスティール)
Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair (ワンダーボーイIII モンスター・レアー) (JP)
Ys - Book I & II (US)
Ys 3 - Wanderers From Ys (US)
etc.

If you wanna help, leave me a pm ;)

Vimtoman

Daedalus_ I'm also interested in the list and welcome to the forum.

CrackTiger

My Turbo Sherlock disc is TGXCD1011-3. You shouldn't list it under the Japanese title if you plan on listing every game under a single name and indicating region. Its original region is North America and the Japanese version is the later variant.

I have Turbo Parasol Stars CIC, but I don't see an ID code on anything. This box says WTG030701:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parasol-Stars-Turbo-Grafx-16-Complete-CIB-Box-Protector-Working-Designs-/141942784763?hash=item210c7302fb%3Ag%3A45EAAOSwQjNW-SiS&nma=true&si=cjCIdXCP2ntoEdcfSXHWW3IYpA0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Daedalus_

@CrackTiger, you saw my list in February didn't you?
You were the only one I sent a preview.

Every game entry is listed with all regional titles.
The 1st Sherlock Holmes game is listed as:

Sherlock Holmes no Tantei Kouza (シャーロック・ホームズの探偵講座) (JP) / Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective (US)

And regarding its ID:
Since some coverscans on Gamefaqs appear to be fakes, see:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/turbocd/563796-sherlock-holmes-consulting-detective/images/160958
I wasn't sure.
The ID TXCD1011, which is apparently wrong, was listed on the PCECP site.
I'll use TGXCD1011.

Thx for the link to Parasol Stars. ID is now confirmed and only 1 remains in the list.

Daedalus_

I've modified the 1st post of the thread.
It now contains a download link to the current version of the template.

NecroPhile

A few bar code numbers for ya:

Exile (US) - 735366901011
JB Harold (US) - 092218001115
Splash Lake (US) - 092218001436
Ys I & II (US) - 092218000491
Ys III (US) - 092218001146
Pachio-kun - T4953507910340 - same barcode on the box for the controller bundle as on the obi for the game only version

Daedalus_

Thx Necromancer ;)

IDs added & download link updated