RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

New to the site

Started by stlpaul, 12/02/2015, 01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stlpaul

Greetings all, I newly joined this site and recently purchased my first PC-Engine, with a few random games included.

I am almost 40, I grew up mainly playing Atari 2600, Colecovision, NES, and Genesis, as well as PC games (Apple ][, C64 and IBM PC). I was always interested in pictures of PC-Engine/TG16 games in old magazines but none of my friends ever had a TG16 so I was never able to see the games in person. Fast-forward many years when emulators become a thing, I got to try some of these games for the first time and I really regretted not playing them earlier in my life.

Now lately I'm getting into buying old consoles that I never had when I was a kid, recently got Master System, Game Boy Color, SNES, Game Gear and the PCE. (I did have about 8 Master system games that I played on the Genesis w/ a converter but never owned a SMS proper... until now!)

My favorite kind of games are shoot 'em ups, beat 'em ups, and platformers, so it seems PCE has plenty of those games to choose from. I'll get an Everdrive but I do like to buy physical copies of games that I love.

I fully expect to be upgrading to a CDROM attachment or Duo someday... but thought I should start off small and see how it goes. :)

Ghouls n Ghosts was one of my favorites as a kid, and I was always fascinated by SuperGrafx after seeing pictures of it in magazines, and I was tempted to try to buy one... but that's a big price tag for a couple extra games.

So, thank you for having me, and I look forward to learning from the experts and discovering some new favorite games to play. And probably new ways to spend my money.  ](*,)

majors

Quote from: stlpaul on 12/02/2015, 01:45 AM...I'll get an Everdrive but I do like to buy physical copies of games that I love.

... And probably new ways to spend my money.  ](*,)
Sounds like you have the right idea. Own what you like(to play), no need to pokemon-collect-them-all.

Welcome!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bardoly

Welcome to Pcenginefx!

Warbucks

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sarumaru

Welcome to the site! Def think you would get the maximum enjoyment from the PC Engine by going CD but that's just my opinion. ;)  Hopefully the PCE makes enough of an impression that you'd want to keep collecting for it!

Quote from: esteban on 12/22/2015, 07:22 PMWelcome, comrade!

:)
Esteban lives!! :P