Another Free Nintendo 64 system -updated Jan 24th

Started by CrackTiger, 12/05/2015, 02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

The winner is Bernie!

I also have another North American Nintendo 64 that anyone can have for free, if you happen to live somewhere that it's worthwhile to pay to for the shipping. It doesn't have any hookups and I swapped the innards into a different shell. When I put it back together, I missed a couple tiny pieces of shielding for around the expansion port. It likely works fine, but I can include shielding if you want to open it up and stick them back in.

I have a Nintendo 64 system modified for RGB by the famous doujindance. Once again, I figured I'd give him one last chance, since the other RGB modded systems I found at the time were overpriced. Unfortunately, once again, I can't make use of the RGB with my component transcoder, framemeister or RGB monitor. Once again, he said that I must use official Japanese Nintendo RGB cables on an official Japanese RGB monitor or TV and that he tested it before shipping.

Since he has a legion of fans who love his work and many people here talk about how happy they are with his systems, there should be some people here who will have no trouble using this system and hopefully some of you are interested in the N64. It is just the base console, without any hookups. It is a Japanese system.

As with most of my giveaways, anyone is free to opt in and I'll choose the recipient however I like.

"Winner" pays for shipping by Canada Post.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

sirhcman

Nice giveaway! What type of monitor have you been trying to use?

ClodBusted

I'd seriously like to enter your raffle... But since all my N64 cartridges are from PAL region, I guess they would be no use on a NTSC-J console unless it got region modded as well.

mickcris

if you haven't got a new one yet, i could trade you for a US RGB modded n64.  I have a few extras.  wouldn't mind having a Japanese system.
although he probably put epoxy over a bunch of shit inside so not sure id be able to fix it.  not sure how he modded it but it sounds like something isn't right.

send me a pm if you are interested.

CGQuarterly

Hmm.  After reading this, I can't remember whether or not I have tried hooking my doujundance-modded Duo-R to my Framemeister...

mickcris

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 12/05/2015, 04:27 PMHmm.  After reading this, I can't remember whether or not I have tried hooking my doujundance-modded Duo-R to my Framemeister...
my duojindance duo-r (that i have since sold) worked fine with the framemeister.

Black Tiger, what cable are you using.  Wondering if maybe if c-sync isnt available on that board and maybe you are using a c-sync cable.

Medic_wheat

Sure I don't have a JP region N64.

Didn't even know the N64 could do RGB

Bloufo

From what I've heard, the 'Ultra HDMI' mod for the N64 is the way to go.

Bernie

Sure, add me please.  :) 

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

PunkCryborg

I'm sure it's something that we could help you sort out. Sounds like the sync isn't on the right pins for your set up. If you are just done with it though enter me and I can get if fixed, I've done some RGB 64's for some friends but don't have one myself

CrackTiger

I've tried what I believe to be non-c-sync cables (old ones from eBay) and the c-sync ones I have from retrogamingcables. The picture is distorted.

I've been waiting until I have the time and energy to create a thread asking for help with the few consoles I have RGB problems with, by providing pics, video and detailed info. In the meantime, I found a seller asking an appropriate price for an RGB N64 confirmed to work with things like the framemeister and he included the LED replacement I wanted. So I'd rather just give this one away as-is and let someone else figure it out.

QuoteFrom what I've heard, the 'Ultra HDMI' mod for the N64 is the way to go.
How would this hook up to a crt in 240p?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

I have a friend who could use this only because he lost his RGB modded N64 in a flood lol.  I am sure he'd pay shipping.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

wilykat

Add me!  I can always try my RGB monitors, it's a tad forgiving but it is old.

sirhcman

I was on the fence but if you don't mind adding me as well I would appreciate it. I have 2 pvm's I'd like to try it on and a few cables. If I can't get it to work I will send it off to one of the forum fixers here to get it going :)

Thanks for offering to the community, please keep us apprised when you get the new system and how the quality is!

CrackTiger

I'll pick a "winner" when I have time to get it sent off wiithin a reasonable time frame. If not this weekend, then probably January 10th.

bartre

ah heck, why not toss me into this one.
cool homie?

wildo2ne

lwizardl

interesting, I would like to take a look at this system :)

please add me in if still available

CrackTiger

I've been very busy but hope to pick a winner Saturay

Duo_R

add me up if still available please, woul dlike to see his work under the hood
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Joe Redifer

What an asshat! Any proper RGB mod will work with component transcoders and a Framemeister. It's not rocket science. All you need are some amps and that's it. They're super cheap and you can get a ton in a single shipment. Just run the wires in from the video chip, bypass the encoder and wire straight to the AV jack. DONE! Or you can do it without the amp and just have dark RGB by running the wires straight from the chip to the AV jack. This guy clearly isn't doing it right. The reason the Framemeister doesn't see it is because it can't use shittily-done RGB.

Whoever wins this needs to open her up and expose the shitty mod job this guy did.

CrackTiger

The winner is Bernie!

I also have another North American Nintendo 64 that anyone can have for free, if you happen to live somewhere that it's worthwhile to pay to for the shipping. It doesn't have any hookups and I swapped the innards into a different shell. When I put it back together, I missed a couple tiny pieces of shielding for around the expansion port. It likely works fine, but I can include shielding if you want to open it up and stick them back in.

CrackTiger

I recently found a cheap Nintendo RGB scart cable that I bought years ago, which never worked with my component transcoder. Figuring that it was probably not c-sync, I tried it with the N64 before sending it off and it worked fine. :)

So if anyone wants an RGB modded N64 for $50 + shipping, you can buy one of doujindance's along with a non-c-sync scart cable. I didn't play long enough to judge the color, but the picture is as sharp as you can get out of an N64.