RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The collectard is strong with this one

Started by crazydean, 12/14/2015, 08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazydean

Saw this video last night and thought it was appropriate here.

Otaking

Video made me laugh, kind of reminds of this thread https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=20213.0

Are we seeing the beginnings of a backlash to modern day nerd culture.
I don't collect Star Wars figures or any other toy figures for that matter, but I'm heavily interested in tons of nerd culture and things generally classified as nerdy such as sci-fi, video games, anime etc.. The general consensus over the last 10 years has swung towards these nerdy things becoming more socially acceptable, but are we seeing the start of change back to the nerd stigma of the 80s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

NecroPhile

I think people are still okay with some nerdiness.  It's the extreme cases of socially crippled nerds living in their mother's basement that are being mocked (and always were).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 12/14/2015, 01:00 PMI think people are still okay with some nerdiness.  It's the extreme cases of socially crippled nerds living in their mother's basement that are being mocked (and always were).
This is correct. The stigma from 30 years ago was that if you played video games and watched sci-fi, you obviously collected toys and lived in your parent's basement. Since video games and Star Trek are mainstream now, the stigma has gotten more precise, i.e. collectard/socially inept.

seieienbu

lol this reminds me of two guys I knew who both moved their beds into the living rooms of their individual apartments.  They had hidden all of their nerd stuff in the bedroom so that when they had girls over they wouldn't creep them out with whatever the fuck they had.  I assume a ton of those anime body pillows and loli junk because that's the weirdest stuff I can think of. 

Apparently one of them had actually brought a girl home who demanded a cab after seeing the guy's place.  Thus, this perfect plan was enacted.  I don't know if it ever paid off for either of them but I like to think that any girl walking into a 2 room apartment and immediately seeing a bed would still get creeped out and leave immediately.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Psycho Punch

Best part is the comments section defending the caricatures of toys collectors, unironically.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

xcrement5x

Quote from: seieienbu on 12/14/2015, 10:17 PMlol this reminds me of two guys I knew who both moved their beds into the living rooms of their individual apartments.  They had hidden all of their nerd stuff in the bedroom so that when they had girls over they wouldn't creep them out with whatever the fuck they had.  I assume a ton of those anime body pillows and loli junk because that's the weirdest stuff I can think of. 

Apparently one of them had actually brought a girl home who demanded a cab after seeing the guy's place.  Thus, this perfect plan was enacted.  I don't know if it ever paid off for either of them but I like to think that any girl walking into a 2 room apartment and immediately seeing a bed would still get creeped out and leave immediately.
Lol, yeah that is pretty damn creepy sounding. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Gentlegamer

Quote from: seieienbu on 12/14/2015, 10:17 PMlol this reminds me of two guys I knew who both moved their beds into the living rooms of their individual apartments.  They had hidden all of their nerd stuff in the bedroom so that when they had girls over they wouldn't creep them out with whatever the fuck they had.  I assume a ton of those anime body pillows and loli junk because that's the weirdest stuff I can think of. 

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Warbucks

The best part was..

One just in case...

LMAO

Alt-Nintega

Star Wars produces the biggest collectards in history of hobbies.

VenomMacbeth

Honestly, since the advent of 40-Year-Old Virgin, having a roomful of toys & video games isn't quite as frowned upon anymore (much like "nerd culture" in general) so long as you're upfront about it & have other things going for you.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 12/14/2015, 10:19 PMBest part is the comments section defending the caricatures of toys collectors, unironically.
I've known folks like this. I hesitate to call it a caricature.

NightWolve

technozombie

I saw this on Facebook today it seems appropriate here. OMG hangtab 

drive google com/file

CrackTiger

Quote from: technozombie on 01/17/2016, 03:02 PMI saw this on Facebook today it seems appropriate here. OMG hangtab 
drive google com/file
Yeah, "Castlevania fans" are who are hunting down unpunched hangtabs. :roll:
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

synbiosfan

technozombie

Did NES boxes actually come with hangtab? When I worked for GameStop we had tons of those things we stuck on games but mostly on display boxes.

CrackTiger

When I worked at a music/video store in the 90's, we had rolls of hang tabs that you'd just peel and stick on things you wanted to hang.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Gentlegamer

Quote from: guest on 01/17/2016, 10:14 PMWhen I worked at a music/video store in the 90's, we had rolls of hang tabs that you'd just peel and stick on things you wanted to hang.
Those are the hang tabs I'm used to, the kind that stick to the sealed wrapping and are meant to be disposable.

I don't understand why Sega spent extra money to manufacture cases with hang tabs included. I cut them all off Sega cases that come into my possession.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

synbiosfan

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 01/17/2016, 11:29 PMI cut them all off Sega cases that come into my possession.
I used to, now I just can't be bothered.

I plan on retiring off the money I'll get from collectards for my uncut ones. Too bad they're Feka and not Nintendo cases. I could have already retired off of Nintendo tards. :lol:

xcrement5x

Quote from: technozombie on 01/17/2016, 09:27 PMDid NES boxes actually come with hangtab? When I worked for GameStop we had tons of those things we stuck on games but mostly on display boxes.
So like, if I understand right some games came with the cardboard perforated right into the box to be punched out and hung up by.  I think that's what this guy is talking about. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)