RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Look at what I made...

Started by jelloslug, 01/25/2016, 08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelloslug

tbone3969

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

mickcris

tbone3969

Duo-R Hu Card slot cover?
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

jelloslug

Hopefully this time it will fit right.....

Jason_dicarlo85

Yyyyeeeessss...super nice... I know you were working at getting this mofo to fit for a whiles ...

CrackTiger

Looks like the RX color.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Warbucks

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Vimtoman

martinine

Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

jelloslug

Quote from: martinine on 01/25/2016, 04:08 PMNice! How is the fit?
Only time will tell.  I don't actually have a DUO-R or -RX so I have to send the door off for independent testing at an offsite lab.

SignOfZeta

Does anyone actually need one these? I thought the black doors were a fringe product...
IMG

incrediblehark

looks good, wonder how it feels compared to the original console shell.

jelloslug

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/25/2016, 06:46 PMDoes anyone actually need one these? I thought the black doors were a fringe product...
I've made about 50 of the DUO doors so far. People keep asking me for DUO-R doors all the time.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: jelloslug on 01/25/2016, 09:26 AMHopefully this time it will fit right.....
Hmm yess. <3
IMG

Keith Courage

Fantastic! I'll be needing some soon. Not sure how many yet but I'll let you know.

bazset

Think it would be possible to make a cover that could be attached to the original pce? Dunno if it would work but it would be pretty cool I think.

jelloslug

Quote from: bazset on 01/26/2016, 08:13 AMThink it would be possible to make a cover that could be attached to the original pce? Dunno if it would work but it would be pretty cool I think.
I could make a cover but you would probably have to drill some holes to get it to work right.

xcrement5x

Huzzah!  I need one for my unit for sure.  If you want to send to this independent tester let me know. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bazset

Yeah. I'd be up for doing that if it looked cool.

jelloslug

If someone could loan me with a PC Engine to work with I will see what I can do about making a custom door for it.

bazset

I would if I wasn't playing it every day :D

cr8zykuban0

jelloslug

Looks like I almost have it nailed:

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

Looks like I need to move the left side latch peg up just a touch and move the from curve back in just a bit.

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Groover

Yes! Well done! Duo-R Covers. I have my cover but I just might want a backup. Love your work.
IMG

ginoscope

Those look great and the attention to detail is impressive.  Those pics looked pretty good to me.

Do you typically print one and test and then do more or do you have to print them out in batches?  Good stuff I been loving my everdrive cover.

wilykat

I should get a spare for my R as well. Those don't last forever, it takes just one bad luck like a sudden sneeze while inserting game or a crazy cat to break the original door off.

jelloslug

Quote from: ginoscope on 02/02/2016, 08:45 PMThose look great and the attention to detail is impressive.  Those pics looked pretty good to me.

Do you typically print one and test and then do more or do you have to print them out in batches?  Good stuff I been loving my everdrive cover.
For testing I don them one at a time. When I do "production" I usually print 10 at a time.

MNKyDeth

Looks like you have the testing you need. I have a beat up duo-r shell I would send you if needed. This isn't something I could ever sell in good conscience but would be great for something like this for donation purposes.

kosko99

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/25/2016, 06:46 PMDoes anyone actually need one these? I thought the black doors were a fringe product...
My DUO-R has no cover...  :oops:

HailingTheThings

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 02/16/2016, 07:22 AMLooks like you have the testing you need. I have a beat up duo-r shell I would send you if needed. This isn't something I could ever sell in good conscience but would be great for something like this for donation purposes.
OMFG! Where have you been? lol This would have ridiculously sped up the process. I couldn't send the top of my Duo R to him because of how the region switch is installed and I couldn't send him my entire console for obvious obey reasons. So I've been testing the doors for, what seems like, umm... 1,000 years. hehe.
IMG

MNKyDeth

Well, if he still needs it just pm me. If you are in the states I will send it.

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/16/2016, 05:25 PM
Quote from: MNKyDeth on 02/16/2016, 07:22 AMLooks like you have the testing you need. I have a beat up duo-r shell I would send you if needed. This isn't something I could ever sell in good conscience but would be great for something like this for donation purposes.
OMFG! Where have you been? lol This would have ridiculously sped up the process. I couldn't send the top of my Duo R to him because of how the region switch is installed and I couldn't send him my entire console for obvious obey reasons. So I've been testing the doors for, what seems like, umm... 1,000 years. hehe.
I had no idea about these doors until recently. This top looks like it was pried apart at the controller port.  But the hucard slot is intact.

Sparky

Oooooo, sexy time... Nice jelly

HailingTheThings

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 02/16/2016, 06:25 PMWell, if he still needs it just pm me. If you are in the states I will send it.

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/16/2016, 05:25 PM
I had no idea about these doors until recently. This top looks like it was pried apart at the controller port.  But the hucard slot is intact.
Well, damn. That's all I can really say. "Damn."

XOXO
IMG

xcrement5x

I am still waiting to throw money at this product.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

MNKyDeth

Sent out the top of a Duo-R shell 2-22-2016. Hopefully it helps. :)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 02/22/2016, 10:00 AMSent out the top of a Duo-R shell 2-22-2016. Hopefully it helps. :)
This will surely speed along the homestretch. Thank you.
IMG

Keith Courage

Quote from: guest on 02/17/2016, 05:57 PMI am still waiting to throw money at this product.
Looks like when this gets finished there will be enough us tossing cash around to make it rain.