@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Hi from Australia

Started by mookie3three, 02/01/2016, 09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mookie3three

Hi all,

Glad to finally be a member here. Have a PC Engine Core Grafx RGB moded and CD-ROM2 interface unit and a Super CD-ROM. Really love the PC Engine, and my favourite game is Gunhed/Blazing Lazers.

I really want like the briefcase unit but have had nothing but troubles with the CD-ROM (never had it working). When I first got it, replaced the cog and must have plugged the small ribbon cable in backwards and it cracked. Didn't touch it for a year or so, was hoping to get a replacement for relatively cheap but never happened. Recently found out I could replace the laser with one from a discman, so I found a discman with a KSS-220a I believe and swapped it over. I wish I had access to this site when I was doing it because there is some awesome information on this forum which is not anywhere else and would have helped. Anyway the disc read now but skips, and am just going through the process of figuring it out. Going to read through the tech forum and get some more ideas. I noticed the swapping the spindle out to the one from the discman might be a good idea as the disc seems scrape the bottom.

I also just got hold of a Super CD-Rom from a friend and replaced the large cog and is now read discs no issue. I'm just waiting for some AV cables to be delivered so I can test the sound on it.

Anyway that's all from me, I'm sure I have some more questions.

Cheers

mookie3three

Quote from: guest on 02/01/2016, 09:46 PMWelcome aboard!  Gunhed / Blazing Lazers is a fantastic game. Have you sampled much of the CD library?  Hardware can be flakey but the games are so worth it!
Haven't played much of the CD library at all. Plenty of stuff I want to pick, just haven't since I've never had a working cd unit. Now the Super CD works I want to start picking up some games, I do have Super Darius which I keen to try.

Warbucks

NecroPhile

Welcome to the funny farm!  I'm sure the tech guys can help you get your cd sorted out eventually.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ginoscope

Welcome to the forum there are a lot of guys on the forum that can help with the broken CD rom.  The CD games are really amazing and it's crazy how many people new to the system ignore them.

esteban

Welcome, comrade :)

GunHed is sweet. Don't worry, you have plenty of time to explore the CD games.

Enjoy everything.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sarumaru

Welcome to the wacky world of PCEFX! We're all super friendly here and we never, ever argue.  :D  When I lived in Oz, I had a hard enough time finding anyone who even knew what a PC Engine was let alone own one! BUt I guess y'all never got the Turbobs there so there wasn't a whole lot of awareness. When'd you get into PCE collecting? In any case, Welcome!

mookie3three

Thanks for warm welcome guys. I got into PC Engine collecting maybe 2 years ago, picked up an RGB modded Core Grafx with some loose hu cards. PC Engine isn't well known here for sure. I started picking up some games here and there, and was buying anything and everything. I ended up picking up a Turbo Everdrive about a year ago and sold most of the Hu Cards except for 11 (The good ones). I mean how else was I gonna play Magical Chase etc. on real hardware.

I'm also into collecting Sega stuff (love all their consoles), Neo Geo AES/MVS, arcade pcb's and am into Shmups and Vs fighters. PC Engine is a great platform for shmups.

Cheers

Bardoly

Welcome to Pcenginefx!

residentevil

wildfruit

Welcome to the world of tomorrow!