10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

A-Train, JP system card 3.0 only?

Started by Psycho Punch, 02/10/2016, 04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psycho Punch

So, is this the same as Bonanza Brothers? If I try to boot up the game on my US Duo it doesn't show anything (black screen), same with in emulators with the US 3.0 system card. However if I load the JP system card 3 it works.

I wonder if there's any patch to make it work with US consoles if that's the case. Also, Ootake's mouse emulation is dorky so it makes more sense to go play the US DOS version or something if I have to play it in my computer.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NecroPhile

Yep, it doesn't like the US Super System Card.  It'll work with either an Arcade Card or syscard rom on a flash cart if you have either available.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Psycho Punch

I might look into that, but I guess I'll just stick with the Maxis DOS localization. I must say that the pce version is quite impressive though.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Digi.k

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 02/11/2016, 02:05 AMI might look into that, but I guess I'll just stick with the Maxis DOS localization. I must say that the pce version is quite impressive though.
It certainly has it's own unique music fonts.  Shame it never got english translation..