OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Howdy, Folks!

Started by cerebralshrike, 02/19/2016, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cerebralshrike

Hello, my name is Samuel, and I'm from Texas, even though I've lived just about everywhere. I heard about this forum on the CU Podcast, and I ran over to join up.

I never owned the TG16 myself, but my uncle owned a video store from 1988 to about 2001, and he had all the games and consoles for rent. That's how I was able to play TG16 games, and I quite enjoyed them, and thought it was a very underrated console. I've always wanted to learn more about it, and I hope to do so through this forum.

Thank you all!

johnnykonami

Welcome aboard!  That's an interesting backstory about your Uncle's store.  Did he have a large selection of TG-16 titles for rent?  Any favorites?

cerebralshrike

Quote from: johnnykonami on 02/19/2016, 05:01 PMWelcome aboard!  That's an interesting backstory about your Uncle's store.  Did he have a large selection of TG-16 titles for rent?  Any favorites?
Thanks! The ones I remember the most are Splatterhouse (of course), Bonk's Adventure, Ys (CD game), R-Type, Prince of Persia, and Addams Family. I know I played others, but those are the first ones that come to mind.

I always wondered what he did with all of his tapes and games when the store closed. I was away in college when it happened, and I didn't return to my hometown until 2009.

NecroPhile

Welcome Aboard!

Mmm, Taco Bell noms.  =P~
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

cerebralshrike

Quote from: guest on 02/19/2016, 05:22 PMWelcome Aboard!

Dude, I love it. I just came from there earlier. I hate the stereotypes that come with Taco Bell.

Me: "I just had Taco Bell."

Person: "Well, you'll be sitting on the toilet all night. Hurr hurr hurr!"

esteban

Quote from: cerebralshrike on 02/19/2016, 05:26 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/19/2016, 05:22 PMWelcome Aboard!

Dude, I love it. I just came from there earlier. I hate the stereotypes that come with Taco Bell.

Me: "I just had Taco Bell."

Person: "Well, you'll be sitting on the toilet all night. Hurr hurr hurr!"
Welcome, comrade. :)

I am glad that you are here.

Now that you have turbob in your life, there is no more need for Taco Bell.

Thank you.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Heh, I also had ze Bell for lunch today.  There's nothing wrong with their quality compared to other fast food.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

cerebralshrike

Thanks, everyone!

I'm bummed out today because both the NES and SNES controllers I was using via USB have ceased to work. The SNES one I got from PAX last year, and the NES is one I had laying around that I hooked up to a USB adapter.

HailingTheThings

IMG

Warbucks

Welcome Aboard, maybe one day we will get some Chalupas

johnnykonami

Quote from: cerebralshrike on 02/19/2016, 05:18 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 02/19/2016, 05:01 PMWelcome aboard!  That's an interesting backstory about your Uncle's store.  Did he have a large selection of TG-16 titles for rent?  Any favorites?
Thanks! The ones I remember the most are Splatterhouse (of course), Bonk's Adventure, Ys (CD game), R-Type, Prince of Persia, and Addams Family. I know I played others, but those are the first ones that come to mind.

I always wondered what he did with all of his tapes and games when the store closed. I was away in college when it happened, and I didn't return to my hometown until 2009.
You should double check he doesn't still have any in storage!  I know I would be! :)  Nice selection there, Splatterhouse was definitely one of my faves too.  If you haven't played Bonk's Revenge yet, do.  Try to score a 3-in-1 disc if you can for Gate of Thunder, Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge and the hidden Bomberman.  Great bang for your buck.

Also, Taco Bell is not bad sometimes, but definitely trying to limit that kind of stuff more and more as I get older.  The crunchwrap supreme and the chicken burritos with the avocado sauce are probably my favorites when I do get it.

cerebralshrike

Quote from: johnnykonami on 02/23/2016, 04:14 PM
Quote from: cerebralshrike on 02/19/2016, 05:18 PM

You should double check he doesn't still have any in storage!  I know I would be! :)  Nice selection there, Splatterhouse was definitely one of my faves too.  If you haven't played Bonk's Revenge yet, do.  Try to score a 3-in-1 disc if you can for Gate of Thunder, Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge and the hidden Bomberman.  Great bang for your buck.

Also, Taco Bell is not bad sometimes, but definitely trying to limit that kind of stuff more and more as I get older.  The crunchwrap supreme and the chicken burritos with the avocado sauce are probably my favorites when I do get it.
I'll have to ask, but I suspect that he either gave them all to his kids, or sold them to a collector, Ebay, or sold them at a flea market. My dad and my uncle ran a sports collectibles shop in the late 70s and early 80s, and the inventory they didn't sell before they closed they sold at a flea market.

And definitely, I don't eat it all the time. When I was in college there was one down the street from my dorms that was open all night. My friends and I used to get takeout and do LAN parties in our dorm room. Good times.

cerebralshrike

Quote from: Warbucks on 02/22/2016, 02:37 PMWelcome Aboard, maybe one day we will get some Chalupas
Chalupa power!