@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Donald Trump Thread aka End of Days

Started by Otaking, 03/02/2016, 01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitsuman

Okay, let's say you support Trump because he "speaks his mind"; because he isn't like any other politician; because he is shaking things up.

How do you explain, or stand by him, when he makes tweets like he did this morning? How do you excuse that?
And also when head of the White House social media tweeted what he did.

WTF? Are we in high school? This stuff is damaging the US. It's not always just about policies and laws. It's about our fucking reputation in the global setting.

I just don't get it.

ClodBusted

Neither I do.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: mitsuman on 06/29/2017, 10:10 AMOkay, let's say you support Trump because he "speaks his mind"; because he isn't like any other politician; because he is shaking things up.

How do you explain, or stand by him, when he makes tweets like he did this morning? How do you excuse that?
And also when head of the White House social media tweeted what he did.

WTF? Are we in high school? This stuff is damaging the US. It's not always just about policies and laws. It's about our fucking reputation in the global setting.

I just don't get it.
Some people, full-grown adults, are like that still. I've seen women wear "you can grab me by the pussy" t-shirts to Trump rallies. These really are the deplorables. Clinton's comment might have been in bad taste, but it was the truth.

esteban

Trump = troll
Same goes for his supporters.

Actually, I just realized that my comment above was (1) way too genial, (2) giving far too much credit to Trump and his supporters. This led me to (3) ...big sigh...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

jlued686

And I wonder what Mike Huckabee, supposed "Man of God", thinks about his daughter rolling out the "fight fire with fire" defense. What would Jesus do? More like, "hit 'em back harder!"

But nothing surprises me anymore. We're living in the dumbest timeline, where ignorance and bullying equals strength.

Nice job, dumb shits.

ClodBusted

Trump twitters today:
IMG
"SignOfZeta is a totally overrated clown who speaks without knowing the facts."

LostFlunky

The story about Trump ranting about these people at a meeting over health care legislation is very disturbing...

jlued686

His buddy owns it, so The Enquirer is now pretty much a propaganda rag for Trump. It's crazy. Every time I'm in a grocery store, instead of "Alien Baby Born in Kentucky!", I see headlines like these (though they're equally outlandish):

IMG

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 06/30/2017, 02:10 PMAs disturbing as him brandishing his ties to The Enquirer to issue threats and extort an apology out of them? And then pretend that team Joe initiated the contact with him to beg him to not follow through on the threat that he claims he didn't make?

Lol... Great distraction from the collusion evidence that is starting to surface, the healthcare fuckery, etc...
Yeah - because it wasn't just his closest advisors around, it was a group of about 20 lawmakers and he was wasting their time losing his shit about a fucking tv show...

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/30/2017, 02:10 PMAs disturbing as him brandishing his ties to The Enquirer to issue threats and extort an apology out of them? And then pretend that team Joe initiated the contact with him to beg him to not follow through on the threat that he claims he didn't make?

Lol... Great distraction from the collusion evidence that is starting to surface, the healthcare fuckery, etc...
What collusion evidence is surfacing?

PukeSter

Quote from: KingDrool on 06/30/2017, 02:25 PMHis buddy owns it, so The Enquirer is now pretty much a propaganda rag for Trump. It's crazy. Every time I'm in a grocery store, instead of "Alien Baby Born in Kentucky!", I see headlines like these (though they're equally outlandish):

IMG
It's been like that throughout the whole election.

One of Trump's possible scandals was covered up by the Enquirer

TheClash603

Just went on a little vacation to Washington D.C. and seeing the monuments and further educating myself of America's triumphs made me feel pretty patriotic going into this holiday.  Regardless of how you feel about Trump, I am pretty sure our system overall works pretty well and should persevere... even if you need to wait for the next guy (girl?) or two until it swings back your way.

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/01/2017, 10:38 AMJust went on a little vacation to Washington D.C. and seeing the monuments and further educating myself of America's triumphs made me feel pretty patriotic going into this holiday.  Regardless of how you feel about Trump, I am pretty sure our system overall works pretty well and should persevere... even if you need to wait for the next guy (girl?) or two until it swings back your way.
By "your way" you are referring to the way of justice, civility, and humanity.

So....yes.

:)

jlued686

Been awfully quiet in here lately. Y'all must be tired of all this winning.

NecroPhile

Pretty much, nully.  A recent poll had more than half of republicans saying they don't believe the Trump Jr. meeting even took place, though Trump Jr., Manafort, and Kushner all say it did.

It's one thing to decide the meeting wasn't that big of a deal (not rising to the level of collusion anyway), but you're a moron if you deny it happened at all just because you can't believe anything negative.  Get Trump's cock out of your mouth, for fuck's sake!  Nobody's perfect.  Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton are the two most popular recent presidents, and you don't hear people arguing that Iran-Contra or Lewinsky never existed.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: NecroPhile on 07/20/2017, 09:35 AMPretty much, nully.  A recent poll had more than half of republicans saying they don't believe the Trump Jr. meeting even took place, though Trump Jr., Manafort, and Kushner all say it did.

It's one thing to decide the meeting wasn't that big of a deal (not rising to the level of collusion anyway), but you're a moron if you deny it happened at all just because you can't believe anything negative.  Get Trump's cock out of your mouth, for fuck's sake!  Nobody's perfect.  Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton are the two most popular recent presidents, and you don't hear people arguing that Iran-Contra or Lewinsky ever existed.
Reminds me of this: https://www.unc.edu/~fbaum/teaching/articles/JoP-2007-Gaines.pdf

QuoteUsing panel data collected over the duration of the Iraq war, we show that Democrats and Republicans updated their factual beliefs as conditions changed, but interpreted the same factual beliefs quite differently. Democrats consistently interpreted a given level of troop casualties as higher than Republicans did. Whereas nearly all Democrats interpreted the failure to find WMD in Iraq as evidence that they never existed, many Republicans inferred that Iraq had moved, destroyed, or hidden the weapons. Because most of the emerging evidence changed in a direction that reinforced existing opinions for Democrats and challenged them for Republicans, Democrats used interpretations to facilitate, and Republicans to resist, opinion updating.

mitsuman

Quote from: guest on 07/19/2017, 09:46 PMIt is exhausting keeping up with reading about it all...
It's going to be a long 3.5 more years.  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 07/20/2017, 09:45 AMReminds me of this: https://www.unc.edu/~fbaum/teaching/articles/JoP-2007-Gaines.pdf
But at least they're just interpreting the data differently.

If they were Trump 'tards, they'd deny that we were fighting a war in Iraq at all.

Today's lulz are Trump claiming that 21 year olds get health insurance for only $12 a year.  Maybe a few pay that little after subsidies or because of generous employer paid plans, but the average rate is exponentially higher.

ClodBusted

Trump twitters today:
IMG
"tbone3969 lost much of his money on that run — that's why he carries his own bags now."

esteban

Quote from: Brachabre on 07/28/2017, 10:17 PMGotta obey!

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-trump-billboard-idUSKBN1AD2QO
The story behind that billboard was interesting.

Needless to say, I love the concept (so simple, so perfect).

Thanks for sharing.

BigusSchmuck

Trump Presidency in 30 seconds:

Dicer

Welp, we are gearing up for WWIII enjoy the time ya got left...

OldRover

Society has said that about every president since WWII... and yet nothing. I seriously doubt Trumplefuck will bring about WWIII.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Arkhan Asylum

TRUMP LOVES CUMMMMMMMMMMM 2017
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

turboswimbz

Donald Trump is Donald Duck confirmed

NSFW
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 07/31/2017, 03:43 PMTRUMP LOVES CUMMMMMMMMMMM 2017
For some reason I now respect him more.

jlued686

Good news, guys!

QuoteMy first order as President was to renovate and modernize our nuclear arsenal. It is now far stronger and more powerful than ever before....
In just six months, Trump has completely modernized our nuclear arsenal! Nothing to fear!

USA! USA! USA!

...the absolutely staggering amount of bullshit...

NecroPhile

Yeah, it's a complete fabrication.  The closest he can come is a memorandum for 'rebuilding the military', which included a review of the nuclear weapon program, but that was issued after at least a dozen other executive orders, memorandums, and proclamations; even if it was the first, it's just a review and doesn't improve a single procedure or piece of equipment.

He's just trying to take credit for yet another thing started by Obama: a barely started $1 trillion dollar nuclear weapon program revamp that'll take 30 years to complete.

esteban

"We are all drowning in Trump's Sea of Love..." —Fauna & Flora, Earth, Milky Way

jlued686

Alright, I wanna hear from some supporters. Where are y'all at? How're you feeling these days?

mitsuman

Quote from: KingDrool on 08/15/2017, 10:08 AMAlright, I wanna hear from some supporters. Where are y'all at? How're you feeling these days?
IMG

Emerald Rocker

Hey guys, I just got back from a long road trip.  Anything new going on around here?

I listened to Trump's press conference on the radio while driving back, it really fired me up.  That's the kind of President I want -- a real genuine *person* who tells us what we need to hear, not a phony politician who tells us what we want to hear.

It's obvious that there really is a lot of hate in the country on many sides, and I hope we all (including me) have the wisdom to heed his fatherly lecture and start loving -- or at least respecting -- each other.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Gredler

jlued686

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 08/18/2017, 12:06 AMHey guys, I just got back from a long road trip.  Anything new going on around here?

I listened to Trump's press conference on the radio while driving back, it really fired me up.  That's the kind of President I want -- a real genuine *person* who tells us what we need to hear, not a phony politician who tells us what we want to hear.

It's obvious that there really is a lot of hate in the country on many sides, and I hope we all (including me) have the wisdom to heed his fatherly lecture and start loving -- or at least respecting -- each other.
That, my friend, is bait.

NecroPhile

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 08/18/2017, 12:06 AMHey guys, I just got back from a long road trip.  Anything new going on around here?

On many sides.. Many sides, let me tell you. Sad!

Gredler

DildoKKKobold

For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Emerald Rocker

Does it count as "bait" if I mean it?  Y'all seriously don't think there's hate on many sides?

* neo-Nazis
* other assorted white supremacists
* Antifa
* other assorted violent fascists
* cop-killers
* cop-killer apologists
* state senators who openly wish death on others
* nuts who wish death on politicians (or worse, actually try to kill them)
* that congressman who body-slammed a reporter

We aren't looking at isolated incidents any more.  We're in the midst of a "cold" civil war.  And real people, very fine innocent people, are getting hurt or killed by political violence.  Lady killed in Charlottesville.  Congressman shot.  Five cops killed at a march in Dallas.  All this hate, truly from many sides.  And what do we do when Trump points it out?  We lose our minds.

Donald Trump steps into a press conference and -- off the cuff -- explicitly condemns political violence as "murder", denounces white supremacists, calls out the multi-sided hate, points out that good people should be able to peacefully protest and counter-protest for causes they believe in, and asks everyone to stop hating fellow Americans.  So of course all the cool kids say that he encourages violence, say that he supports white supremacy, deny that hate exists on many sides (or play the "but they're worse!" game), deny the presence of good people at protests, and call Trump a harbinger of hate.

Count me on the anti-Nazi, anti-violence side with Trump.  When I say that his press conference fired me up, I'm not kidding.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 08/18/2017, 07:47 PMDoes it count as "bait" if I mean it?  Y'all seriously don't think there's hate on many sides?

* neo-Nazis
* Antifa
* cop-killers
* cop-killer apologists

We aren't looking at isolated incidents any more.  We're in the midst of a "cold" civil war.  And real people, very fine innocent people, are getting hurt or killed by political violence.  Lady killed in Charlottesville.  Congressman shot.  Five cops killed at a march in Dallas.  All this hate, truly from many sides.  And what do we do when Trump points it out?  We lose our minds.

Donald Trump steps into a press conference and -- off the cuff -- explicitly condemns political violence as "murder", denounces white supremacists, calls out the multi-sided hate, points out that good people should be able to peacefully protest and counter-protest for causes they believe in, and asks everyone to stop hating fellow Americans.  So of course all the cool kids say that he encourages violence, say that he supports white supremacy, deny that hate exists on many sides (or play the "but they're worse!" game), deny the presence of good people at protests, and call Trump a harbinger of hate.

Count me on the anti-Nazi, anti-violence side with Trump.  When I say that his press conference fired me up, I'm not kidding.
I agree... And I found his press conference not only refreshing, but funny as hell.

Dicer

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 08/18/2017, 07:47 PMDoes it count as "bait" if I mean it?  Y'all seriously don't think there's hate on many sides?

* neo-Nazis
* Antifa
* cop-killers
* cop-killer apologists

I'm a dead set centrist and it's gets me plenty of shit but IDGAF, both sides do dumb shit, and not calling all of it out is more damaging then giving in to one "good" side.
Fuck that noise.

TheClash603

Nazis are scum.  KKK members are scum.  There are no equivalents on the left to these guys, that is to be sure.

But with that said, if on a scale from 1 to 10, these guys are 1...  I would have to put the far left free speech blockers (ie. the atmosphere at Berkeley) as a 3 out of 10.  We also must not forget that in the early days of Nazi Germany, those guys were probably 3 out of 10 too.

Extremist on both sides need to be called what they are, extremist.  They also should be allowed to say what they want, which is the beauty of the United States, but we should make sure enough centrist voices make sure neither side goes too far in absorbing the middle.

BLM are not radicals in the same way either of the other mentioned groups are.  They have for the most part, outside of maybe Ferguson, protested legitimate issues peacefully.  Lumping BLM in with the true extremist on both sides makes little sense, they don't belong there.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/19/2017, 11:58 AMBLM are not radicals in the same way either of the other mentioned groups are.  They have for the most part, outside of maybe Ferguson, protested legitimate issues peacefully.  Lumping BLM in with the true extremist on both sides makes little sense, they don't belong there.
I do not agree with this point. When you have hundreds of not a couple thousand people marching for BLM chanting we want dead Cops, and voila, Cop assinations start occurring around the US; I'd say they may be more extreme than Antifa.

If we as a country are saying this type of speech is not acceptable, it needs to apply to every and any group that violates, no questions asked, no excuses given.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Nulltard on 08/19/2017, 12:46 PMIf a BLM rally ever had that chant, it was not the message of the greater movement. BLM should be BLMT (black lives matter, too)... they aren't about killing cops, they were born out of wanting to not be killed by cops. I know for fact the right wing media (now state media) has portrayed them as cop-killing advocates. My parents keep their TV glued to Fox and every time I am at their house it is like an alternate reality exists.

One could not argue that hate/murder-advocation is not the  central tenet of Nazis or the KK. There is a fundamental difference.

A free society paradoxically can't tolerate intolerance, lest they be dominated by the intolerant. There is a difference between free speech and hate speech which I believe needs to be understood. One is healthy and one has no place in modern society. I don't believe any on the left advocate the suppression of the former.
Now you sound like Trump.... There were many peaceful people there solely to protest the statue, you can't lump them into the Supremacists and KKK.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: guest on 08/19/2017, 12:56 PM
Quote from: Nulltard on 08/19/2017, 12:46 PMIf a BLM rally ever had that chant, it was not the message of the greater movement. BLM should be BLMT (black lives matter, too)... they aren't about killing cops, they were born out of wanting to not be killed by cops. I know for fact the right wing media (now state media) has portrayed them as cop-killing advocates. My parents keep their TV glued to Fox and every time I am at their house it is like an alternate reality exists.

One could not argue that hate/murder-advocation is not the  central tenet of Nazis or the KK. There is a fundamental difference.

A free society paradoxically can't tolerate intolerance, lest they be dominated by the intolerant. There is a difference between free speech and hate speech which I believe needs to be understood. One is healthy and one has no place in modern society. I don't believe any on the left advocate the suppression of the former.
Now you sound like Trump.... There were many peaceful people there solely to protest the statue, you can't lump them into the Supremacists and KKK.
Ah, yes, statues honoring those who advocated or fought for slavery as enemies and traitors of the US. Good folks.

Emerald Rocker

Nulltard, while I disagree with several of your sentences, I agree with your sentiments more than you realize.  Neo-Nazis are the worst.

Listen to Trump's press conference from Tuesday.  They specifically asked whether he was putting neo-Nazis and counter-protesters on the same moral plane, and he replied that he wasn't putting anyone on moral planes.  He didn't want to go there, because when you're trying to stop hate and violence, assigning percentages of blame is a loser's game.  All he would say is that the neo-Nazi driving the car is a "murderer", white supremacists are "bad", and some of the people on the other side were "violent".  (And all the normal people who aren't supremacists or extremists and just wanted to protest/counter-protest are "very fine".)  Everyone agrees that neo-Nazis are repugnant.  You, me, Trump, we all agree.  He even used that word.

So let's just put that stake in the ground -- when it comes to ideology, no one is worse than the neo-Nazis.  I mean, they worship HITLER.  Terrible people.

If we were looking at a single event, it would have been a mistake for him to criticize the violent extreme leftists, even though they were at Charlottesville.  But we're not looking at a single event.  We're looking at Dallas, where 5 cops were killed by extreme leftists after a BLM march.  That's horrific.  We're looking at Berkeley, where Antifa and other extreme leftists set fires and threatened attendees (unarmed college students) to prevent conservatives (NOT supremacists) from speaking.  We're looking at that time an extreme leftist tried to gun down Republican congressmen at a baseball game.  People like to say that "hate has one side", but hate is coming from many sides.

We know all about the neo-Nazis and the KKK.  But there is also a pattern of leftist extremism that is emerging.  That's a cause for alarm.  When Trump points out the hate from many sides, he is shining a light on it.  We don't want to see it, but we need to see it.

I will denounce white supremacy.  I will shout it from the rooftops -- I need to inspect my roof anyway, I'll shout it tomorrow while I'm up there if that helps.  But I'll also denounce political violence.  Trump is right to condemn white supremacy and he's right to condemn the violence from all sides.  I believe that he is sincere, but even if he isn't, it's still the right thing for him to say.

That's why I'm on his side, which actually, for this one specific issue, is also your side.

ClodBusted

NecroPhile

1.  Only an asshole would use a mourning mother's comments to pat himself on the back.

2.  A smarter man wouldn't have waited a couple days* to say nazis suck and the driver is a murderer/terrorist.  He's never "waited to get the facts" on suspected islamic terrorist shit, so why's this different?  I'll tell you why: because white supremacists attend rallies and are vocal.

* - It wasn't "off the cuff".  It was a carefully crafted speech read from a teleprompter.

3.  If you're at a protest where a large number of the people are wearing Nazi regalia, giving Nazi salutes, and yelling 'blood and soil' and 'Jews will not replace us' and you aren't disgusted and leave, you deserve to be lumped in with the rest of the trash.

4.  The rally wasn't primarily about statues; even the organizer says it was about 'white advocacy'.  The only reason the statues are even in the conversation is for the Nazis to give themselves legitimacy and prove that they're not all bad, and Trump's falling all over himself to lend a hand.

5.  Trump is undeniably at least a little bit racist.  Nobody without a "racist bone in their bodies" would allow their company to deny housing based on race for years, say a judge is unfair because he's mexican, say a muslim woman isn't allowed to talk, spend years on Obama birther bullshit, etc.

6.  Trump as a unifier will never happen.  Only Trump apologists like E.R. and Z.G. can take you seriously when you're telling your followers to beat the shit out of protesters in one breath and asking 'can't we all just get along' in the next.

But anyways, are y'all sick of winning yet?  My favorite of today is Trump staring at the eclipse without glasses.  Now I'm sure he didn't stare long enough to do permanent damage, but would it kill him to act like a role model and do the right thing on something even this small?  :lol: