RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Donald Trump Thread aka End of Days

Started by Otaking, 03/02/2016, 01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerald Rocker

And unsurprisingly, Necrophilia defends his "alternate reality spaghetti monster" speculation with red herrings instead of evidence.

Your analogy (that we could not enter the war to only fight against Germany without also going to war with Japan) assumes so many hypotheticals:
1) It assumes Japan wouldn't have bombed Pearl Harbor.  That act alone turns your analogy into a hypothetical alternate reality.
2) It assumes Congress would have authorized war against Germany prior to Germany's declaration of war against us.  There were proponents of entering the war, but this wasn't a sure thing.
3) It assumes Congress would have further authorized war against Japan in absence of a declaration of war from Japan against us.

You're ignoring historical reality to make a point about Syria/Russia.  To use your own words:

QuoteIf you have to make up bullshit alternate realities to make your point, you don't have one.
The way you bitterly cling to such a dumb analogy shows that you're not a man of reason.  You're just a bundle of emotions, dressing up your gut feelings in fancy words.  Pathetic.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

NecroPhile

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/18/2017, 09:27 PMI'm beating a dead tangent horse because I know I'm too stupid to argue intelligently about Russia and Syria.
Pathetic indeed.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jlued686

They're both being audited. Plus, no one cares anyway.

NecroPhile

Tee-hee!

My tax returns are pretty boring, with standard deductions and no chicanery.  I'd have nothing to hide nor a reason to flip-flop on the issue.

spenoza

Donald Trump reminds us just how tenuous our democratic republic really is, and just how easily our "patriotic nobility" can be sullied. He's certainly not the first, but he is the most flamboyant and obvious.

Emerald Rocker

Ah, forget it.  Damn you for suckering me into multiple posts, you troll.

esteban

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/19/2017, 07:15 PMAh, forget it.  Damn you for suckering me into multiple posts, you troll.
UNSOLICITED SELF-PROMOTION

Just watch an episode of LeDoodle and you'll find happiness again.

I suggest Double Dragon II.

Thank you.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

spenoza

"You troll!" screamed the troll in anguish.

Emerald Rocker

Stop trolling, Spenoza.  It's beneath you.

...one of the few things in life that is beneath you.

spenoza

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/21/2017, 09:35 PMStop trolling, Spenoza.  It's beneath you.

...one of the few things in life that is beneath you.
Spake the kettle to the pot.

Emerald Rocker

If you're calling me a kettle, I'll have you know that I identify as a pot.

spenoza

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/22/2017, 02:57 AMIf you're calling me a kettle, I'll have you know that I identify as a pot.
I can accept that. I am kettle / pot fluid.

NecroPhile

Did you just assume my cooking vessel?!?

I'm getting some giggles over this dipshit crying about 100 days being a 'meaningless' and 'unfair' metric.  It's so unfair of the fake news to expect him to follow his own promises.

mitsuman

So no one is going to bring up he didn't even know where he bombed? He claimed he bombed Iraq instead of Syria.

NecroPhile

Or when he said Korea was part of China?

It's hard to keep up with Trump's ignorance.

mitsuman

Quote from: Nulltard on 04/24/2017, 12:45 PM
Quote from: mitsuman on 04/24/2017, 12:16 PMSo no one is going to bring up he didn't even know where he bombed? He claimed he bombed Iraq instead of Syria.
I give him a pass on that one. It was a simple misstatement brought on by preoccupation with that beautiful chocolate cake.
TRUMP SHILL!!!!!!!!

But yeah. I can understand confusion while eating a fantastic piece of cake.

esteban

Best.
Cake.
Ever.
Also, Mexico will pay for the cake.

jlued686

"Eventually, but at a later date so we can get started early, Mexico will be paying, in some form, for the badly needed border wall." -Donald Trump

Translation: my supporters are fucking suckers!

Emerald Rocker

Quote from: KingDrool on 04/24/2017, 08:21 PM“Eventually, but at a later date so we can get started early, Mexico will be paying, in some form, for the badly needed border wall.” -Donald Trump

You probably wonder why Trump supporters aren't bothered by this "reversal" on wall payment, and why they don't see themselves as suckers.

The answer is because it's not a reversal.  He has been saying -- since before the election -- that the wall would be paid for, by Mexico, but it would be reimbursement.  News sites like CNN tell us that he is breaking a promise (they said the same thing when this same topic came up three months ago), but those of us who listened to the words coming out of the man's mouth know better.  This quote is the same thing that he's been consistently saying for a long time.

You will of course dismiss my response as Trump shilling, but regardless of what you think, I'm factually in the right.

spenoza

Well, it is pretty clear he isn't going to get his wall, so it is largely moot.

jlued686

Man, you suckers really tie yourselves in knots to defend this dipshit, don't you?

esteban

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/25/2017, 07:58 PM
Quote from: KingDrool on 04/24/2017, 08:21 PM“Eventually, but at a later date so we can get started early, Mexico will be paying, in some form, for the badly needed border wall.” -Donald Trump

You probably wonder why Trump supporters aren't bothered by this "reversal" on wall payment, and why they don't see themselves as suckers.

The answer is because it's not a reversal.  He has been saying -- since before the election -- that the wall would be paid for, by Mexico, but it would be reimbursement.  News sites like CNN tell us that he is breaking a promise (they said the same thing when this same topic came up three months ago), but those of us who listened to the words coming out of the man's mouth know better.  This quote is the same thing that he's been consistently saying for a long time.

You will of course dismiss my response as Trump shilling, but regardless of what you think, I'm factually in the right.
The fact that building such a wall represents the height of human idiocy is the actual problem. 

CORRECTION:  He is *consistently* pushing a racist, xenophobic plan that is so absurd and wasteful, so utterly devoid of any merit, that I question the intellect of *anyone* who supports it.

Anyone who thinks that money, energy and resources should be spent on building a wall...

...should consider how much better it would be to spend the money on burritos and beer.

Emerald, I secretly dream that Trump is a Dadaist. It is the only way to humanize someone who pushes cruel, unjust policies on the most vulnerable groups in society.

Emerald Rocker

Thanks to Nulltard for being fair.  Kinda-sorta thanks to Spenoza and Esteban for tacitly admitting that I'm right by shifting the discussion, but not being jerks about it.  Big middle finger to KingDrool because he's so wrapped up in hate that he comes across as a videogame supervillain.

Quote from: EstebanAnyone who thinks that money, energy and resources should be spent on building a wall...

...should consider how much better it would be to spend the money on burritos and beer.
If you mean everyone should cross the southern border and buy burritos and beer from Mexican locals so that they feel empowered to overthrow the drug cartels, dump the corrupt police, and reclaim their government, then I appreciate the thought even if it's not practical.

The unfortunate reality is that Mexico is a failed country.  The wall is a protective measure as well as a warning to Mexico that they failed and need to get their **** together.  People like to point to race, but the reason we don't need a wall on our Northern border is because Canada isn't overrun by Mad Max drug cartels.  Building a wall is a tame response.  The only reason we haven't invaded at some point in the last 28 years is because Mexico doesn't have enough oil and sand.

We've been through this before though.  I refer you to our posts from July 2016 and November 2016.

jlued686

Ah, this guy. He's a guy who thinks a wall is a practical solution! THIS GUY! Poor little fella!

And I AM a video game super villain. It's right there in my name, sucka!

NecroPhile

Trump apologist thinks him saying he'll pay for the wall with import taxes, which are paid by corporations (often US or European owned) and passed on to the US consumer, is the same as Mexico (the country) paying for it.  Nope, no flip flopping here!  :lol:

spenoza

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/25/2017, 11:28 PMKinda-sorta thanks to Spenoza and Esteban for tacitly admitting that I'm right by shifting the discussion, but not being jerks about it.
I don't think you're right, but nothing will get accomplished by pointing it out. It's moot. Wall won't get built because it's ineffective and expensive and congressional Republicans, in a rare moment of collective wisdom, realize it's a non-starter. And it's not like we have any effective tools to get Mexico to pay for it, anyway, short of marching in and robbing the citizenry at gunpoint.

jlued686

Quote from: guest on 04/26/2017, 10:52 AMIt's moot.
You've used this word twice now in this discussion and it's given me an idea...

What if, instead of a wall, we dug a moat! "But they'll just swim across", you say. We'll fill the moat with piranhas! BOOM!

King Drool for president! Make stupid ideas great again!

USA! USA! USA!

Emerald Rocker

Quote from: guestI don't think you're right
Then you're disputing fact.  The record of "what Trump said" is out there and easily available.  I'm not going to look up links since you don't particularly care what he said (and I'm not saying you should) -- but if you ever feel curious, then look up his immigration policy paper and rally transcripts/interviews (esp. from about three months before the election, where he spoke more clearly and even used the word "reimburse").

Quote from: necromancertroll troll troll
Experience has taught me that when you are challenged, you declare your own reasoning to be an irrelevant tangent.  That's classic troll behavior.  Not worth talking to someone like that.

jlued686

But man, come on: what "Trump says" changes from day to day, sometimes from minute to minute. I know I'm trying to reason with a true believer here, but seriously...

NecroPhile

Typical Emerald Rocker: nitpick one minor point and completely ignore the crux of the argument because he's too stupid to form a counterpoint.

spenoza

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/26/2017, 01:07 PM
Quote from: guestI don't think you're right
Then you're disputing fact.  The record of "what Trump said" is out there and easily available.  I'm not going to look up links since you don't particularly care what he said (and I'm not saying you should) -- but if you ever feel curious, then look up his immigration policy paper and rally transcripts/interviews (esp. from about three months before the election, where he spoke more clearly and even used the word "reimburse").
He's said a lot of other things, too, some coherent, some not, some contradictory. I feel like part of his strategy was to throw out as many promises as possible, regardless of whether they were reasonable, effective, worthwhile, just so that he's bound to keep some of them. There's no point trying to evaluate whether he stuck to his word because doesn't even make promises consistently, constantly denying things we have recordings of him saying. So it doesn't matter what evidence you have he said a thing, because someone else has evidence he said a different thing, or a contradictory thing. It doesn't even matter.

Emerald Rocker

Quote from: necromancerstuff about ignoring cruxes
Your point was that if Syria is our enemy, then Russia is our enemy.  You supported this viewpoint with a bad WWII analogy.  I challenged the bad WWII analogy.

Go back to where you said we should treat Russia and Syria equivalently.  It's two sentences.  I'm not "ignoring the crux of the argument" or "nitpicking one minor point" when the argument is two sentences, and I challenge the sentence that was used as evidence.

Emerald Rocker

Quote from: guest on 04/26/2017, 03:23 PMHe's said a lot of other things, too, some coherent, some not, some contradictory. I feel like part of his strategy was to throw out as many promises as possible, regardless of whether they were reasonable, effective, worthwhile, just so that he's bound to keep some of them.
I think we might be talking past each other.

My original post was a response to KingDrool's potshot calling Trump supporters "suckers" because of what Trump said about Mexico paying for the wall.  The reason we don't feel suckered is because he has been consistent about how Mexico will "pay".  As of right now, that hasn't changed.  We can talk again in a few months.

If you are referring to Trump's behavior in general, then that's different from KingDrool's potshot.  I agree that Trump has been strategically vague, and I also agree that he has flipped on some things.  For example, Nulltard brought up Trump's reversal on locking up Hillary Clinton.  That's definitely a reversal.  Getting reimbursed/paid by Mexico later down the road for the wall isn't.

The reason I'm pushing back on this is because if we can't even agree on this one, verifiable thing -- Trump's consistency on Mexico paying for the wall -- then we'll never have a productive discussion on whether the wall (or any other policy) would be effective, efficient, etc.  At some point two people have to be able to look at something small and say "yes, we agree on this, let's move on".  If two people can't even do that much, then it's better to walk away.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/26/2017, 03:30 PMYour point was that if Syria is our enemy, then Russia is our enemy.  You supported this viewpoint with a bad WWII analogy.  I challenged the bad WWII analogy.

Go back to where you said we should treat Russia and Syria equivalently.  It's two sentences.  I'm not "ignoring the crux of the argument" or "nitpicking one minor point" when the argument is two sentences, and I challenge the sentence that was used as evidence.
Exactly.  The point was that there's no way to separate Russia and Syria, yet you argued entirely about WWII.

You had no intelligent argument to explain how Syria is our enemy but Russia is our friend, so you stuck to a tangent.  Now you have no intelligent argument about how Trump is going to make Mexico pay for the wall, so you're sticking to the tangent of whether or not Trump said they'd pay up front or reimburse later.

jlued686

All jokes aside, I'd like to clarify one thing: Me referring to Trump supporters as "suckers" was not a potshot. No sir, that is truly how I feel, so "potshot" doesn't do it justice. Simply put: anyone who enthusiastically backs this self-serving carnival barker and believes him to be sincere is a sucker, at best. In fact, I feel I'm being generous by using such a mild term.

Back to the shenanigans.

Emerald Rocker

Quote from: guest on 04/26/2017, 04:11 PMExactly.  The point was that there's no way to separate Russia and Syria, yet you argued entirely about WWII.

You had no intelligent argument to explain how Syria is our enemy but Russia is our friend, so you stuck to a tangent.  Now you have no intelligent argument about how Trump is going to make Mexico pay for the wall, so you're sticking to the tangent of whether or not Trump said they'd pay up front or reimburse later.
For the record, I haven't said that Syria is our enemy and I haven't said that Russia is our friend.

I'm responding again in hopes that you're not a troll, even though you're behaving like one.

1. You used a hypothetical WWII analogy as the evidence to "prove" your point about Syria and Russia.  I challenged the analogy -- and in the process, highlighted a historical case where one country did treat two allied countries as two separate countries.

You want me to argue with your point, but you don't want me to challenge the evidence that you used to support your point.  That is silly.  If you are disowning the WWII analogy, then just say so.

2. KingDrool's post wasn't about *how* Trump might get Mexico to pay for the wall.  It was about Trump supporters being suckers because Trump said Mexico will pay later on down the road.  So yes, I am focused on what Trump has said -- repeatedly -- over time.  That's called "staying on topic".

You want me to talk about something else.  That's your problem, not mine.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/26/2017, 07:44 PMFor the record, I haven't said that Syria is our enemy and I haven't said that Russia is our friend.
So '"they [Russia] aren't our enemy" and neither is Syria?  Sure, let's have 'em over for chocolate cake!  They can help us pick out the next non-enemy that we can bomb for fun.

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/26/2017, 07:44 PMI'm responding again in hopes that you're not a troll, even though you're behaving like one.
You're the only troll here, buddy, responding to selected bits only and ignoring everything with which you're incapable of forming a rebuttal.

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/26/2017, 07:44 PM1. You used a hypothetical WWII analogy as the evidence to "prove" your point about Syria and Russia...
An analogy is proof now?  Seriously?

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/26/2017, 07:44 PM... I challenged the analogy -- and in the process, highlighted a historical case where one country did treat two allied countries as two separate countries.
And I explained that the relationship and circumstances between Russia and Japan in WWII was nothing like the one between the US and Germany/Japan in WWII or the one between the US and Syria/Russia today.

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/26/2017, 07:44 PMYou want me to argue with your point, but you don't want me to challenge the evidence that you used to support your point.  That is silly.  If you are disowning the WWII analogy, then just say so.
Again, nothing about WWII is proof.  The main argument is that Syria and Russia are linked; if we went to war with Syria today, there simply is no way to fight only them, not when Russian troops are embedded with Syrian forces.

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/26/2017, 07:44 PM2. KingDrool's post wasn't about *how* Trump might get Mexico to pay for the wall.  It was about Trump supporters being suckers because Trump said Mexico will pay later on down the road.  So yes, I am focused on what Trump has said -- repeatedly -- over time.  That's called "staying on topic".
I was talking about your response to spenoza, where you responded only to the issue of when Mexico would pay, totally ignoring the remaining 90% of his post.

And the topic is "Trump".  It's not a single, specific issue thread.

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/26/2017, 07:44 PMYou want me to talk about something else.  That's your problem, not mine.
No, I get it.  You know it's impossible to intelligently argue that such a wall would be effective or that there's a feasible way to make Mexico pay, so you'll argue only a small part of the complete picture.  It's what trolls and morons do.  Which one are you?

Whatchoo all think of Trump's tax plan?  It's awfully vague, but it looks to me like it'll increase the deficit by a bundle.  Has anyone told Trump that the USA isn't a casino, that it can't just declare bankruptcy and start over?  :lol:

Dicer

I'd love to hear a gunshot tonight...

BigusSchmuck

http://gizmodo.com/a-closer-look-at-donald-trump-s-magic-coke-delivery-but-1794739701
Am I the only one who thought it was to summon a drug dealer and delivery Trump a line of Coke?

GohanX

Honestly, that's probably the best thing he's done since he took office.

I'd make it bring grape soda or chocolate milk or something.

esteban

I want a button like that, and the butler that goes along with it, for my Diet Coke addiction.

OldRover

/18361696_10211763132021078_571775028_lost.jpg
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

jlued686

Everybody else having fun watching this trainwreck? Trainwreck. Have you heard that before? Because I haven't. I just came up with that the other day and I think it works out pretty well in this case.

Trainwreck.

Me. I invented that word. I need some Coke...I mean a Coke.

Dicer

Quote from: KingDrool on 05/11/2017, 05:09 PMEverybody else having fun watching this trainwreck? Trainwreck. Have you heard that before? Because I haven't. I just came up with that the other day and I think it works out pretty well in this case.

Trainwreck.

I'd be laughing my ass off, if I lived in another country...

NecroPhile

Quote from: KingDrool on 05/11/2017, 05:09 PMEverybody else having fun watching this trainwreck? Trainwreck. Have you heard that before? Because I haven't. I just came up with that the other day and I think it works out pretty well in this case.

Trainwreck.

Ha!  It's almost as if we've elected an incompetent narcissist to lead the free world.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/11/2017, 05:52 PM

Trainwreck.

Ha!  It's almost as if we've elected an incompetent narcissist to lead the free world.
Yup.

mitsuman

So...
Anyone else getting a little freaked out by what is currently happening?

Two things.
1) The Turkish president's security detail beating the ever loving crap out of protesters...in Washington DC. Trump has not called them out for it. He has not stopped his meeting with the Turkish president. He has not expelled them all out of the county. A leader and spokesman of the American people, he is not. This reflects poorly on the US. Imagine seeing this as some other random despot around the world. They are thinking they can pretty much come to the US, do whatever they like, and get away with it. Apparently the US president doesn't give two shits about his own people.

2) The Comey memo. Could this finally be the beginning of the end of Trump? What I'm seeing seems to be even the GOP is leaning towards cutting ties with Trump. Distancing themselves. Pushing for an impeachment, and then removal? Who knows.

NecroPhile

Don't forget him giving classified info. to Russia.

seieienbu

The last week has been a pretty wild ride for Trump.  I hate Mike Pence very much, but as terrible of a human being as I think that he is I still want that fake-tan wearing clown out of the Whitehouse.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

jlued686

Hey, spray tans are cool. Especially when you can see the white ring around the eyes. Very classy.

If this were any other president, I would predict that impeachment is on its way; or at least impeachment hearings. But this clown is somehow Teflon. And with all the bullshit we've seen in the past year, plus all the examples we have of "principled" Republicans willing to look the other way for a whiff of power (Paul fucking Ryan, I'm looking at you), I wouldn't be surprised if Trump gets away with all this shit.

Now I wait for Emerald Rocker to respond with, "He didn't do anything wrong! It's the lamestream media witch hunt and the establishment trying to take him down. #MAGA!"