OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

FX-Unit Yuki: A PC Engine Tribute Comic.

Started by Sarumaru, 03/02/2016, 06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarumaru

IMG

IMG Hey y'all. I just wanted to share a little project that I'm a big part of, it's a web comic on Instagram titled Henshin-Engine FX-Unit Yuki. It's a tribute comic to the PC Engine about a gaming-gal named Yuki Shirokawa who just started an apprenticeship for the Jipang Electronics Corporation (JEC). Her favorite gaming console is the FX-Engine, a product of JEC. She later discovers something crazy about her beloved FX-Engine that would change her life.

IMGCurrently on the instagram @henshin_engine @fxunityuki - we post one piece of content every weekday, with a new comic page on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, a character sheet on Thursday and a short FX Fun Fact video on Friday. For now the comic can only be viewed on instagram on mobile or the web at,

https://www.instagram.com/fxunityuki/

IMG

However, Henshin-Engine will soon appear on a very familiar PC Engine related site that most of you are likely familiar with, but I won't make that announcement until that happens. But for now, please follow Henshin-Engine on IG or check and like the Facebook page below!

https://www.facebook.com/fxunityuki

IMG

***EDIT***

https://twitter.com/fxunityuki

esteban

I read the first pane. I will read later, after work.

Hopefully, Blodia will be integral to the storyline.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Nice wall of fame on the magazine rack.  :mrgreen:

I assume there's no Brothers Duomazov because it's been 'out of print' for nearly two years now.  :|
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

Completely amazed!  Woo!!

Also, *sniffle* Duomazov Brothers.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jlued686

Holy crap! I love this!

And yeah, the magazine rack had some nice Easter Eggs in it. Nice touch.

xcrement5x

It looks great!  Will keep an eye out :)

SuperPlay

Sarumaru

Quote from: esteban on 03/03/2016, 07:36 AMI read the first pane. I will read later, after work.

Hopefully, Blodia will be integral to the storyline.
PLAY BLODIA!!!
*steals estes coffee*

Quote from: guest on 03/03/2016, 09:13 AMNice wall of fame on the magazine rack.  :mrgreen:

I assume there's no Brothers Duomazov because it's been 'out of print' for nearly two years now.  :|
Right. I wanted to stick with resources that are kept current.

Quote from: guest on 03/03/2016, 11:12 AMHoly crap! I love this!

And yeah, the magazine rack had some nice Easter Eggs in it. Nice touch.
Thanks! I like your enthusiasm :)  There are little references all throughout to different things, though some may be hard to catch and a couple in the very beginning were in Japanese as well. I want to throw in all sorts of little references like this throughout the comic as a little extra thing that true fans of the PC Engine could appreciate.

Quote from: guest on 03/03/2016, 01:25 PMIt looks great!  Will keep an eye out :)
Thanks xellyfish! I noticed you had already been following the IG already, thanks for that. :)

rcantor77

Cool strip... looking forward to future updates. I'll be sure to check in tomorrow...
PC-Engine.co.uk - definitive hardware listing for all PC Engine and Turbo Grafx systems.

dave_van_damn

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

dave_van_damn

technozombie

This looks cool, but i know nothing about instagram.

Sarumaru

Quote from: technozombie on 03/10/2016, 08:44 PMThis looks cool, but i know nothing about instagram.
And now you don't have to, you can check out Henshin Engine onThe PC Engine Software bible at:
http://www.pcengine.co.uk/henshin/henshinengine_index.htm  :)

IMG

ClodBusted

Ah thank you so much! This way,  the story is so much nicer to read on Paul's website than on instagram.

Psycho Punch

webcomics and large breasts, bread and butter, rice and beans
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Sarumaru

IMG

For those of you that checked out the prologue volume of Henshin Engine FX-Unit Yuki, I thank you :) The next volume begins this week on instagram. Also, here's a sneak peek image of what's in store for the future of Henshin Engine FX-Unit Yuki! Stay tuned ;)

sarumaru.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2016327-201324-e1459134954706.jpg

Like FX-Unit Yuki on facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/fxunityuki

- Saru

Psycho Punch

I said it once and I'll say it again: the sprite is very nice, I hope to see the game in a finished form.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:

cr8zykuban0

i've read all of it so far and i gotta say, im digging it. keep up the great work saru!

wildfruit

xcrement5x

Quote from: wildfruit on 03/28/2016, 03:54 AMI want asami. Is that wrong?
Nah, she likes it kinky anyway apparently.

Sarumaru

So, y'all know how we're working on a game for Henshin Engine from that small teaser image I posted. We're a bit more comfortable with the progress of the game in the last few days that we are ready to share a bit of video with you. here's an early gameplay clip of the initial training stage and title screen.
The game is a 2D side-scrolling platformer and will start off following the events of the comic, but will actually be it's own adventure apart from the comic to some degree. the background visuals will get better, time is an issue so I am looking to pick up a person or two along the way for other tasks.

Let me know what you guys think, as this is something that's targeting PCE/Turbo fans. Is a game of such anime-flair something that interests you? I'd like to eventually have a shooter stage in place at some point to correlate with an event that happens in the web-comic, but we'll see how it goes. :)

esteban

Quote from: Sarumaru on 04/01/2016, 03:55 PMSo, y'all know how we're working on a game for Henshin Engine from that small teaser image I posted. We're a bit more comfortable with the progress of the game in the last few days that we are ready to share a bit of video with you. here's an early gameplay clip of the initial training stage and title screen.
The game is a 2D side-scrolling platformer and will start off following the events of the comic, but will actually be it's own adventure apart from the comic to some degree. the background visuals will get better, time is an issue so I am looking to pick up a person or two along the way for other tasks.

Let me know what you guys think, as this is something that's targeting PCE/Turbo fans. Is a game of such anime-flair something that interests you? I'd like to eventually have a shooter stage in place at some point to correlate with an event that happens in the web-comic, but we'll see how it goes. :)
Holy Crappaggio, I just lost control of my GI tract.

Awesome. :)

jlued686

JoshTurboTrollX

New web comic - amaze
new Obey game based on web comic - orgazmo
seeing Sarumaru-San live this MGC - DEAD

dave_van_damn

Quote from: Sarumaru on 04/01/2016, 03:55 PMSo, y'all know how we're working on a game for Henshin Engine from that small teaser image I posted. We're a bit more comfortable with the progress of the game in the last few days that we are ready to share a bit of video with you. here's an early gameplay clip of the initial training stage and title screen.

Looks excellent!

wildfruit

OldRover

frozenutopia.com/yuki-0044.png

We are making steady progress on the demo and hopefully it should be completely playable by MGC. I wish I could be there to see how people like it but alas, it ain't in the cards this year (once again).
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

OldRover

Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Just try the first build a little bit ago damn is it smooth great-looking game especially being done as quickly as it was for the demo it is superb
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

jtucci31

Got a physical demo from Saru himself. He's the man and this game was great to play! Looking forward to a hell of a lot more. Now I need to catch up on the comic :)

ParanoiaDragon

I assume the music is all redbook, or am I wrong?  The stage music sounds like it could be really well programmed chip music with adpcm drums???
IMG

Gredler

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 04/11/2016, 01:22 AMI assume the music is all redbook, or am I wrong?  The stage music sounds like it could be really well programmed chip music with adpcm drums???
Yeah only sound-a-like chip tunes, all recorded audio though not chip generated.

DeshDildo

I hot to play the demo this weekend and it's awesome for a game so short in the development cycle.  The controls were great and the visuals are awesome.  I can't wait to own the finished product. 

P.S. Tucci might be good at Tatsujin but he couldn't "beat" the PC Henshin demo.  It probably has something to do with his youth.  His reflexes have yet to mature.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

jtucci31

Quote from: Desh on 04/11/2016, 09:39 AMI hot to play the demo this weekend and it's awesome for a game so short in the development cycle.  The controls were great and the visuals are awesome.  I can't wait to own the finished product. 

P.S. Tucci might be good at Tatsujin but he couldn't "beat" the PC Henshin demo.  It probably has something to do with his youth.  His reflexes have yet to mature.
Self-delete yourself, you parasite

But I'm slowly learning my ways :)

Sarumaru

LOL u guize. I should post the videos of you two playing it for reference :P

Sarumaru

Upping at Tucci's request. Him and Desh play the Henshins.   :lol:

youtu.be/4dH_n9BjeOo

esteban

Quote from: Sarumaru on 04/13/2016, 10:30 PMUpping at Tucci's request. Him and Desh play the Henshins.   :lol:

youtu.be/4dH_n9BjeOo
Now I feel as if I was *almost* there. I could *almost* smell the onion soup.

:)

jtucci31

The game is great and I'm looking forward to seeing updates. I really love the music

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Sarumaru on 04/13/2016, 10:30 PMUpping at Tucci's request. Him and Desh play the Henshins.   :lol:

https://youtu.be/4dH_n9BjeOo
Lol it looks exactly like last year's setup, in fact if you showed me a video of last year's turbofest I wouldn't be able to tell.
That gentleman with the DoxPhile t-shirt is quite handsome, does anyone here have any contact with him? :lol:

cr8zykuban0

I cant wait to check out the demo and would love to review it for my channel to give it some publicity any way i can!

Sarumaru

cr8zykuban0 did end up reviewing the MGC game engine demo of Henshin-Engine, thanks for that!  :D Although one fellow had some really harsh criticisms despite the game still being in its prototype state at the time, but that's gonna happen.  :-"

Gredler

Quote from: Sarumaru on 04/28/2016, 07:49 PMcr8zykuban0 did end up reviewing the MGC game engine demo of Henshin-Engine, thanks for that!  :D Although one fellow had some really harsh criticisms despite the game still being in its prototype state at the time, but that's gonna happen.  :-"
Air his name, bring fourth the pitch forks and torches - let us extradite those with criticism of the ones who might make new obey!

cr8zykuban0

If you guys would like to check out my review of this game, click the link.  https://youtu.be/xt7Uw4olED8

Skip to 2:50 to skip my random yapping and on to the review. I was very excited to review this and this is definitely a game i will be supporting. Sorry in advance for my annoying voice

OldRover

Dude, your video's hilarious. I loved it. :D

As for the hater, his name's Ryan Cheung, he works for Shueisha Inc. and seems to have a major chip on his shoulder. He also made the unfortunate mistake of insulting CrackTiger's work, claiming he could do so much better. Anyone who knows me knows that I have massive respect for Black Tiger, Keranu, lord_cack, Nando, Seldane, and all of the other artists I have worked with... so insulting any of them is a great way to get on my shit list.

OldRover

A new version of the game demo will be in Las Vegas at the Lvl Up Expo in 2 weeks. Yours truly will also be there.

cr8zykuban0

hey old rover!!! i appreciate the kind words man! glad you enjoyed it! im not too worried about ryan cheung! haters gonna hate lol but i'll also be at level up as well!! can't wait to review the 2nd demo!!!

Sarumaru

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 05/02/2016, 10:54 PMhey old rover!!! i appreciate the kind words man! glad you enjoyed it! im not too worried about ryan cheung! haters gonna hate lol but i'll also be at level up as well!! can't wait to review the 2nd demo!!!
Speaking of the new demo, I made this promo vid early this morning and it seems to be creating qite a ruckus on the books of face  :lol:
The musical arrangement in this video is the final arrangement as we have chosen our composer. More info can be found at https://www.fxunityuki.com/henshin-engine-the-game-2/.

Quote from: wildfruit on 03/28/2016, 03:54 AMI want asami. Is that wrong?
More Asami :)

henshin-engine . com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/13123161_1706669109582689_6867414350699218750_o-e1462486619588.jpg