OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What should I do RGB TG16 CD options

Started by waynedoodle, 03/27/2016, 06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waynedoodle

I made myself dumber trying to figure out options to cheaply get a better picture for my un-moded TG16 CD on a HDTV.  I run most inputs through a HK 2600 receiver except my TG16.  I have it component directly to the TV.  All this SCART, amps, Chip this, solder this, framemister this is confusing as hell.  My component picture is just dark.

What are my options that works best these days by the current members?  I need to fix my Obey calling!

v/r
WD

crazydean

Send it off to a member to get RGB modded. Then get a SCART to mini adapter. Buy a Framemeister and connect it to the HDMI. Fin.

EDIT: How are you using component with an unmodded system?

Johnpv

I'm going to guess he means composite.

Keith Courage

IF you want to hook it up to a flat screen the best bang for the buck would be to have the system RGB modded and then get yourself $35 scart to HDMI converterbox. Not as nice as a framemiester but it gets the job done.

ginoscope

Quote from: Keith Courage on 03/28/2016, 06:47 AMIF you want to hook it up to a flat screen the best bang for the buck would be to have the system RGB modded and then get yourself $35 scart to HDMI converterbox. Not as nice as a framemiester but it gets the job done.
Keith,

Is the RGB mod done to the TG16 or the CD base unit?

mickcris

Quote from: ginoscope on 03/28/2016, 10:23 AM
Quote from: Keith Courage on 03/28/2016, 06:47 AMIF you want to hook it up to a flat screen the best bang for the buck would be to have the system RGB modded and then get yourself $35 scart to HDMI converterbox. Not as nice as a framemiester but it gets the job done.
Keith,

Is the RGB mod done to the TG16 or the CD base unit?
You can do either side but you need to get audio out of the CD unit either way. I prefer to mod the CD dock. That way you can use different consoles on it and only one cable.

waynedoodle

Thanks for the advice.  But being a cheap bastard, for the price of a framemister I might as well get a Duo!  I can live with the composite out but it looks like CRAAAAP.  Really dark. 

WD

Keith Courage

rxmage

You've mentioned twice now how dark your composite output is.  You might need that CD dock recapped.  I have used composite out from my CD dock and from an A/V modded console and I would not consider the video from either dark. Although it is a PITA to take those docks apart and put back together, that might solve the darkness issue.

crazydean

Quote from: waynedoodle on 03/28/2016, 10:34 PMThanks for the advice.  But being a cheap bastard, for the price of a framemister I might as well get a Duo!  I can live with the composite out but it looks like CRAAAAP.  Really dark. 

WD
Getting a Duo won't solve your problem anyway. It would still need to be modded.

Maybe get a $10 Sony Trinitron to play it on. It's going to look a lot better than trying to upscale to 1080p.