RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Reproduction HuCards/Cases for Sale!

Started by turbokon, 04/15/2016, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilykat

System 1 and 2.0 is probably easiest since it didn't use extra memory or chips.  System 3.x uses extra RAM for non-Duo systems and would require more work to add in both the ROM and RAM chip.  Arcade card is hardest due to much bigger RAM chip.

Looking at those pictures, those are sweet and at the same time it's 100% clear it's not going to be easy for dishonest seller to pass it as genuine original.

turbokon

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/16/2016, 02:51 PMI like this a lot, but also really like the idea for homebrew releases.  If someone approaches you guys and asks to help them put out their homebrew on a new card, would you be able to do it?  I assume price would need to go up in order for the creator of the game to get a cut too, which could be the trickiest part of the process in negotiating.
Yeah most definitely.  Any homebrew coders out there that would like to work with us, please give us a shout.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Quote from: guest on 04/18/2016, 09:51 PMAWESOME NEWS ON THE SGX STUFF! IMG

was there ever any consideration for making the hucards a flat/matte gray color? might be neat looking if you could do something like that..
The standard color is actually off white a little.  We are also have them in black and gold.

www.tg16pcemods.com

wilykat

Why not offer black with eye-melting neon yellow and orange?

HuCard have always been white but there were no USA console that matched white card.  PCE were the only one that matched, and Duo R-Rx were close being something of light grey.

uiengineer

henrycsc

These are outstanding!  I will order one when they are available.

Any chance that one of the Chinese bootleg 4 in 1 titles could be hacked with different titles, then double that with your pce/us dual region concept?

The comparison of same titles concept is great (Zonk/Denjin would be another great pair), but it would also be cool to do titles exclusive in each region

Hana Taka Daka/Bomberman '94/Ninja Ryukenden/Gekisha Boy
Order of the Griffon/(ok, maybe this concept breaks down quickly.....)

Either way, they look great!
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

johnnykonami

I've been lurking on my phone these past few weeks, but I haven't commented until now - these look really badass!  I love the little cases they come in.  I'll have to pick up one or two of these when they are done, at least a Magical Chase.

Sparky

Ya they look great, I will differently be buying one.....Darius!! <<gets erect>>

aslbozz

I can't wait to pick up some of these goodies myself!! :D

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

WoodyXP

"I bathe in AES carts."

ichigobankai

A physical switch to change games is completely...archaic   :?
Nowadays you should use a µC (like a pic) to achieve this properly without this old-school manipulation.
You can also put more than 2 games (and add a selection menu, but that's another story).
For 2 games the best way is to just cycle them with the on/off power switch.

Sapicco

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

ToyMachine78

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

IMG

turbokon

Ok guys these are now available for orders.  I have updated the first post to reflect this.  Thanks for the good response so far

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Quote from: ichigobankai on 04/24/2016, 09:04 AMA physical switch to change games is completely...archaic   :?
Nowadays you should use a µC (like a pic) to achieve this properly without this old-school manipulation.
You can also put more than 2 games (and add a selection menu, but that's another story).
For 2 games the best way is to just cycle them with the on/off power switch.
Thanks for the feedback ichigo. Adding a physical switch is the simplest solution to the current design.  We will explore other options in the very near future for mutli games reproduction hucards.

www.tg16pcemods.com

escarioth

US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

NecroPhile

Quote from: ichigobankai on 04/24/2016, 09:04 AMNowadays you should use a µC (like a pic) to achieve this properly without this old-school manipulation.
I have something like this.  I call it an "everdrive".  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ichigobankai

wilykat

Everdrive looks like a naked board with a bunch of chips. It doesn't look like a flat white card with nice label.

ED is fine for people who prefers to play games and doesn't care about looking authentic.  Repro looks a lot better and if no one looks closely, make your friend jealous!

Have a few Magical Chase repro, invite your friends over, let them go gaga over what looks like $50,000 worth of few loose games laying around. :D

NecroPhile

Quote from: ichigobankai on 04/25/2016, 11:40 AMCompletely different process and price.
You loose  :mrgreen:
So by the time you add a microcontroller, rom to hold the boot loader thingy, and additional rom for multiple games it'll look exactly the same as these and not cost any more?  Sweet!

I fully support making booty hueys that replicate originals (or even multi-rom boots like the cycled power ones from back in the day), but what's the point if you're gonna make things that look like hueys but play like a flashcart?  The authenticity goes right out the window as soon as you turn it on and see a boot menu.  You'd essentially end up with a nice looking tototek flashcart: boot screen, room for only a few games, and you can't update it because nobody has parallel ports any more.  :lol:

CrackTiger

Quote from: wilykat on 04/25/2016, 11:52 AMEverdrive looks like a naked board with a bunch of chips. It doesn't look like a flat white card with nice label.

ED is fine for people who prefers to play games and doesn't care about looking authentic.  Repro looks a lot better and if no one looks closely, make your friend jealous!

Have a few Magical Chase repro, invite your friends over, let them go gaga over what looks like $50,000 worth of few loose games laying around. :D
The Turbo Everdrive has nice 3D covers to match the hardware and that's all you see when it's plugged in. If you're playing on a Duo, you can't see the game at all.

The whole point of these repros is that they don't look close enough to fool anyone who would care about collectible value. Even if they did, if the appeal is to leave them lying around naked to make collectards jealous, you're better off investing in high quality labels and just sticking them on cheap HuCard games. They'll be 95% convincing instead of 65% and you'll save a lot of money on display pieces.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ichigobankai

Quote from: guest on 04/25/2016, 12:41 PMSo by the time you add a microcontroller, rom to hold the boot loader thingy, and additional rom for multiple games it'll look exactly the same as these and not cost any more?  Sweet!
You seems to speak about something you do not understand, so i will not spent time in technical explanation.
I've used and make code for few µC past years.
Like bankswitching for games or far more advanced things (mappers).
The main problem with a physical switch is its reliability...

With a very tiny pic you can make nice little things, like this compilation :
(gameboy / megaman xtreme 1 & 2 (translations)/ cycle with on-off)
IMG

thesteve

no need for uC or menu rom for power cycle switching
a dual flip-flop and a few supporting parts will do it for 4 games

NecroPhile

Quote from: ichigobankai on 04/25/2016, 02:02 PMYou seems to speak about something you do not understand, so i will not spent time in technical explanation.
Unless these hueys already contain those extra parts, I don't need a technical understanding of how things work to understand that more parts means a redesign and more cost.

Quote from: ichigobankai on 04/25/2016, 02:02 PMI've used and make code for few µC past years.
Like bankswitching for games or far more advanced things (mappers).
The main problem with a physical switch is its reliability...
Like I said in my previous post (but you couldn't be bothered to read), it'd be okay if it was used for something as simple as a power cycled multi-rom cart.  It's when you go beyond two (maybe four) games and add a boot menu that you end up with something that no longer feels like a huey (in use, not physically).

But whatever floats your boat, man.  You're the genius here.

technozombie

I'm away from the board for awhile and miss this awesomeness.

ichigobankai

Unfortunately, I'm far to be a "genius"...
And i'm agree, with the "cycle system", do not put more than 4 games.

with the pic, you can make an interesting thing (that i've already used in other systems like master system, megadrive(genesys), super nintendo...)
Use the reset line to switch games (and save the state in the pic memory).
When you power cycle, the games loaded will always be the same unless you make a reset. (run+select on pce/tg if i'm not wrong)
the pic cost is completely out of problem (less than 1$, what a joke) and 100% free if you use the microchip samples parts.

Maybe turbokon will use this kind of thing in a future version.

I'll stop writing here, i think i've already polluted his thread.

PS. yes for the flip flops, but as you stated it can not work alone, so a pic is more easy to integrate (8 pins, far more than 4 games).

thesteve

as for run-select as reset, its a software reset and not supported in hardware

Psycho Punch

Less than $1, time to program and test microcontroller, time to redesign hucard, possible expansion in area and/or thickness of the board possibly requiring new plastic mold for something that people might not need/want.

What a joke !
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

MotherGunner

Goes to show I've been away for too long.  Fantastic work on these!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

johnnykonami

That looks tight.  So you can set these PCE titles to playback on a US system, right?

Duo_R

Can I get a Keith Courage game hacked to say "Kanye West in Alpha Zone" on the title screen? Lol
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

turbokon

Quote from: johnnykonami on 04/28/2016, 10:38 PMThat looks tight.  So you can set these PCE titles to playback on a US system, right?
That's correct.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Quote from: Duo_R on 04/28/2016, 10:40 PMCan I get a Keith Courage game hacked to say "Kanye West in Alpha Zone" on the title screen? Lol
You betcha if you can get somebody to hack the rom

www.tg16pcemods.com

wilykat

If you're going to hack the title screen, be sure the hack the player sprite to better match a black guy not a white boy. ;)

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

esteban

Quote from: turbokon on 04/28/2016, 10:35 PMDid somebody asked for terra cresta ii?

IMG
IMG
Using the last bit of strength I can muster....

...before my broken body shuts down completely...

Every single HuCARD + packaging = Phenomenal!

...arrghhh...

Terra Cresta II, pictured above = Godhead

.....pfshhhhh.....
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

wilykat

Suggestion: put that grey dot somewhere else, it looks a bit nasty covering part of PC Engine logo.  A little up should work and still be useful enough to keep the card from bouncing around.

HailingTheThings

Do these HuCARDs fit in those cases if they have a sleeve on? Maybe my eyes are going bad, but it looks like they be nakey in the pics?
IMG

turbokon

Quote from: wilykat on 04/30/2016, 05:54 PMSuggestion: put that grey dot somewhere else, it looks a bit nasty covering part of PC Engine logo.  A little up should work and still be useful enough to keep the card from bouncing around.
Good point, that's easy to remedy.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 04/30/2016, 07:31 PMDo these HuCARDs fit in those cases if they have a sleeve on? Maybe my eyes are going bad, but it looks like they be nakey in the pics?
Yeah its nakey.  It won't fit the case with the sleeve.

www.tg16pcemods.com

mickcris

Quote from: turbokon on 04/30/2016, 07:46 PM
Quote from: wilykat on 04/30/2016, 05:54 PMSuggestion: put that grey dot somewhere else, it looks a bit nasty covering part of PC Engine logo.  A little up should work and still be useful enough to keep the card from bouncing around.
Good point, that's easy to remedy.
If you can find black ones, you could put 1 above and 1 below in the black area to camouflage them a bit.

Or 2 white ones in the white areas

HailingTheThings

Quote from: turbokon on 04/30/2016, 07:47 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 04/30/2016, 07:31 PMDo these HuCARDs fit in those cases if they have a sleeve on? Maybe my eyes are going bad, but it looks like they be nakey in the pics?
Yeah its nakey.  It won't fit the case with the sleeve.
Thanks.
IMG

Skins4thewin

I am also very excited for the possibility of Translated versions of games for these.

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

NightWolve

It's hard to believe working HuCards are in production again like this... Wonder about the factory they found to get these made, what it took behind the scenes, impressive all the way!