A proper introduction: Howdy!

Started by eugenepeabody, 04/29/2016, 11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eugenepeabody

Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself.  I am someone that fell in love with the Turbografx 16 when I was 5 years old.  My family had a Nintendo which was great fun, but one day my brothers and I went over to a neighbor's house to play. My neighbor's older brother was playing this really bright colorful video game that blew this 5 year old away since I was used to Mario Bros and Duck Hunt.  The game he was playing was Bonk's Adventure and I immediately fell in love with it.

Turbografx 16s were so rare though and we already had a Nintendo so my brother's and I didn't even contemplate owning one.  A few years later my younger brother was in a mom and pop type used video game store and saw one for sale for pretty cheap with Keith Courage and JJ and Jeff.  He bought it and we played those games for hours on end. 

Now about 18 or so years later I own my own Turbografx 16 and am building up my collection of games.  My brother still has his console from the early 90s and we both are trying to get all the US hucards.  My favorite games are still the Bonk games though.

I also have the cd dock and a PC engine cdrom with pc henshin converter and japanese system 3.0 card, but I can't get CD games to play consistently.  But that's okay, just today I bought a TurboDuo  O:)

I love the hucards and wanted to show two shelves I custom built to show off my collection.  They are on the walls on either side of my entertainment center.
IMG
IMG

I have been reading through this forum and have learned a lot.  The mods you guys do are incredible.  I look forward to making this forum a daily stop during my internet rounds.

johnnykonami

Welcome aboard, matey!  That's an interesting display for your games, are the white cards paper placeholders for games you don't have yet?  Or are there actual Hueys behind them?  I like it especially if the former, that's confidence!

esteban

Welcome, comrade :)

Let me tell you how much fun Timeball is (seriously, don't listen for he naysayers).

Quote from: johnnykonami on 04/29/2016, 11:54 PMWelcome aboard, matey!  That's an interesting display for your games, are the white cards paper placeholders for games you don't have yet?  Or are there actual Hueys behind them?  I like it especially if the former, that's confidence!
I assumed they were placeholders :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

eugenepeabody

Yes, the white are paper placeholders..........for now

esteban

Quote from: eugenepeabody on 04/30/2016, 12:08 PMYes, the white are paper placeholders..........for now
Awesome.

I especially like the fact that you intend to get two copies of Tricky Kick.

:)

johnnykonami

Quote from: eugenepeabody on 04/30/2016, 12:08 PMYes, the white are paper placeholders..........for now
Today I'm thinking my post could have had a tone of sarcasm about it, I just want you to know I was being sincere.  Good luck with the library!

HailingTheThings

Welcome to Weinerville. Your way of displaying looks interesting. I hope you don't have pets, otherwise could potentially end up with some really pissy HuCARDs, mate.

IMG
IMG

NightWolve

eugenepeabody

Quote from: johnnykonami on 04/30/2016, 03:32 PM
Today I'm thinking my post could have had a tone of sarcasm about it, I just want you to know I was being sincere.  Good luck with the library!
[/quote}

No worries mate, I didn't take it sarcastically at all. 

Funny enough, i do have a cat.  Each hucard is placed in a 15card plastic card holder which is then held by velcro to the shelf.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: eugenepeabody on 04/30/2016, 09:19 PMFunny enough, i do have a cat.  Each hucard is placed in a 15card plastic card holder which is then held by velcro to the shelf.
Sounds hot. G'jobbes.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: eugenepeabody on 04/30/2016, 09:19 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 04/30/2016, 03:32 PM
[/quote}

No worries mate, I didn't take it sarcastically at all. 

Funny enough, i do have a cat.  Each hucard is placed in a 15card plastic card holder which is then held by velcro to the shelf.
Cats are awesome.

Except when they bite cords of controllers.

But...there is no way to prevent it unless you implement DFZ (De-Felined Zone). Cats don't like DFZ.

Hence the sad meows and forlorn paws under the door of the DFZ checkpoint.

:(

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 04/30/2016, 10:50 PMHence the sad meows and forlorn paws under the door of the DFZ checkpoint.

:(
I love it when cats try to get at you from the under the door. Hilarious.
IMG

wildfruit

Oh those poor exposed cards!
Also welcome

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 05/01/2016, 04:31 AMOh those poor exposed cards!
Also welcome
He PM'd me. He is installing plexiglass doors as I type this.

To keep the cat hair out.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 05/02/2016, 12:12 AM
Quote from: wildfruit on 05/01/2016, 04:31 AMOh those poor exposed cards!
Also welcome
He PM'd me. He is installing plexiglass doors as I type this.

To keep the cat hair out.
!
IMG

TheClash603

Based in the shelves around the tv, I am assuming playing TG16 is the primary purpose of the room?  If so, you should hop on Craigslist and pick up a nice CRT TV, assuming this TV isn't being shared with your modern consoles or blu-ray etc.

Warbucks

That is a unique way of displaying the games.
I like it....

What are you doing with the manuals?

NecroPhile

Welcome Aboard!

That's some interesting huey display / storage, but where you gonna put Hatris?  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

eugenepeabody

As for the manuals, they're just going in my media cabinet with my other games and movies.