@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Howdy

Started by Mr. Domino, 05/03/2016, 09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Domino

My name is Ben, and I'm a long time listener, first time caller. I've always been curious about the TG-16, but money being what it was, I could never afford to pick one up. I'd play the display at Toys R Us a bit, but that was that. Keith Courage and a bit of Legendary Axe.

I've always been fascinated by Keith Courage since VG&CE did a spread on the game. I know it's not much of a system seller today, but it, Ninja Spirit, and Neutopia are what I generally think about when I think TG-16. Long long ago on r.g.v.sega, I was advised to get a Duo-R if and when I decided it was time for another money pit... and 15+ years later, here I am! I just picked up a Duo-R with a 6-button Duo-RX pad really cheap -- far, far cheaper than I would have expected possible these days -- and have been burning away CDs to play. I actually already have a small collection of PC Engine games I've been lugging around for ages now, so it's been nice to finally be able to play them, too.

Anyway, I'm still primarily a Sega fan and have posted on and wrote some stuff for Sega-16 for a long time now, but I have a good few systems and games, even after selling off a good bit (and promptly regretting it... prices these days... yeesh...). I primarily enjoy platformers, action/arcade stuff, and shoot-em ups. Right now I'm finally going through my Dynastic Hero as I've always big a big Monster World fan, and I've already went through Bomberman '93 and Bonk's Adventure. I've been using this site to look for games which would appeal to me and figured I'd register all the same.
IMG

wildfruit

Welcome! Play all the Ys immediately.

NecroPhile

Welcome Aboard!

Play some Monster Lair, Dragon's Curse, and Bomberman '94.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Warbucks

Welcome to the fun house!

There are a ton of good games on TG, just choose one and go to town.

Mr. Domino

Quote from: wildfruit on 05/03/2016, 09:59 AMWelcome! Play all the Ys immediately.
I intend to when I get the time to devote to an RPG, but I wonder if I'd be better off with Ys I & II Chronicles instead. I know Ys I & II won a ton of awards in the day, but I do wonder if it has any issues which could dampen enjoyment today. Plus, you know, the cost of it all.

Quote from: guest on 05/03/2016, 10:08 AMWelcome Aboard!

Play some Monster Lair, Dragon's Curse, and Bomberman '94.  :mrgreen:
Those are high on my list. I'm not crazy about the changes in Dynastic Hero, but the color boost is nice, especially on games like Bomberman '94. Mega Bomberman looks so drab and dingy by comparison. I know the PCE Chiki Chiki Boys is 2-player, too, which is a nice bonus! :)

Thanks to everyone!
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Mr. Domino on 05/03/2016, 10:47 AM
Quote from: wildfruit on 05/03/2016, 09:59 AMWelcome! Play all the Ys immediately.
I intend to when I get the time to devote to an RPG, but I wonder if I'd be better off with Ys I & II Chronicles instead. I know Ys I & II won a ton of awards in the day, but I do wonder if it has any issues which could dampen enjoyment today. Plus, you know, the cost of it all.
Play Ys I & II, at the very least.

I say this because it is Truth.

F*ck Chronicles and the arse it rode in on.

Play TG-CD Ys I & II.

:)

Or, get and play all the great, cheaper games.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ToyMachine78

Oh geez.... There are so many more games that better represent the system. Welcome!

CGQuarterly

OP: Is it true that no one can stop you?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 05/03/2016, 10:28 PMOP: Is it true that no one can stop you?
Nice.
IMG