OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

People buy anything these days

Started by Psycho Punch, 06/02/2016, 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psycho Punch

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=148518

I'm honestly considering doing a breakout clone to sell in limited edition cartrigdes numbered #1 to #50.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=162961

Guy does $2 ROM selling through itch.io, gets advice:

QuoteI'd think, the "ideal" compromise would be:
(1) offer the LE's for the hardcore collectors, since those generally fund the backbone of the project
(2) offer some number of physical cartridges for physical-cartridge enthusiasts
(3) offer the ROM for sale at a low price, just like these guys, with a CLEAR license agreement that forbids fabricating and selling cartridges (so that there is something to point to shame repro makers looking to profit off of your work)
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=156228

Makes 2048 clone, gameplay gets no explanation while production of Limited Edition carts gets lots of text, 3 screenshots (2 of them are titlescreen and hiscore table) to 11 pictures about the physical carts and bonuses. Auction page has same 3 screenshots and a lot of newer pictures for the LE goodies.

What's wrong with people
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

DeshDildo

I'm not sure... but considering where you are linking us to it seems par for the course.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

bob

NA is everything that is wrong with the world.

wildfruit

I'm registering right now just to troll. I like the way the registration screen threatens the user even before registration is complete. Apparently an incorrect date of birth is an instant ban

bob

i set up a troll account once.  got banned after like 4 posts for making fun of prices.

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/02/2016, 09:07 PMIMG

It's nintendoage.
Is that a dude sealing games?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

wildfruit

DildoKKKobold

I'd like to believe that some of these people buying the LE Homebrews are doing it to support homebrewers. Its not like anyone is getting rich off it, so if you look at it like a donation in support of future homebrews, then its actually pretty cool.

Eh, fuck it.

GRRRR NA SUCKS.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Gredler

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 06/04/2016, 01:04 AMI'd like to believe that some of these people buying the LE Homebrews are doing it to support homebrewers. Its not like anyone is getting rich off it, so if you look at it like a donation in support of future homebrews, then its actually pretty cool.

Eh, fuck it.

GRRRR NA SUCKS.
Support game development with money? Nah, developers do it for the joy, so supporting them financially is silly.

But in all honesty, the burned gamd sale is pretty fucking insane. Either people have too much money or are seriously deranged in their addiction to collecting and is probably the most collectarded thing I've seen.

sirhcman

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Psycho Punch

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 06/04/2016, 01:04 AMI'd like to believe that some of these people buying the LE Homebrews are doing it to support homebrewers. Its not like anyone is getting rich off it, so if you look at it like a donation in support of future homebrews, then its actually pretty cool.

Eh, fuck it.

GRRRR NA SUCKS.
I'm not against developers earning $$$ (which usually barely covers their wasted time) but come on... it is clear that most NA homebrews are just exploitation of collectards.

A fucking 2048 clone with LE wood boxes? I like how he hides gameplay in his threads to avoid the question "Isn't this game just 2048?".
Something that happened recently in the forums? Let's make a game shittier than Swedish Erotica Atari 2600 releases with a vague reference to it, sell LE carts.

and those three examples are just some of many. There are hundreds of simple homebrews that were released the same way, and the funny thing is that there are some self-proclaimed homebrew collectors that pays top dollar for old releases. lol. Everything is low effort collectard bait there, meanwhile Mysterious Song has to be sold for $5 to empty their stock of unsold games.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: esteban on 06/04/2016, 02:45 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/04/2016, 02:25 PMIsn't that DK?
I remember DK as skinnier and artier. :)
I'm an enigma machine!

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 06/04/2016, 03:50 PM

Eh, fuck it.

GRRRR NA SUCKS.
I'm not against developers earning $$$ (which usually barely covers their wasted time) but come on... it is clear that most NA homebrews are just exploitation of collectards.

A fucking 2048 clone with LE wood boxes? I like how he hides gameplay in his threads to avoid the question "Isn't this game just 2048?".
The 2048 clone is bad, but plenty of homebrews are actually pretty exceptional.

Legend of Owlia is coming out, and looks amazing, Armed for Battle was great (first RTS NES game ever!). Plenty of homebrews are for sure worth supporting, even if that means people are paying crazy money for some trite LE.

Also, Cornball Cocksuckers is an internal joke from NintendoAge. It'd be like if someone created a game called "DK's attic defender..."
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Psycho Punch

Can't even make fun of nintendoage these days. Stop ruining my fun, DICKFACETAS! =;

In all seriousness, the thread's generalization isn't "all homebrews are cash grabs", it is "nintendo age buys all homebrews at premium, worth it or not". There are plenty of decent-to-great games, Armed for Battle was one (even though the creator went a little bit overboard on the extra collectibles that came alongside the game :lol:)

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 06/05/2016, 05:58 PMAlso, Cornball Cocksuckers is an internal joke from NintendoAge. It'd be like if someone created a game called "DK's attic defender..."
I would sell LE hucards of my game... if I didn't realize that only DoxPhile users (less than 10) would understand the "joke" of the game (which isn't very much to work with game wise) AND if I weren't so lazy to write code. You know what was the last time I wrote PCE code? January 10, the day I figured out how to do CDROM stuff without HuC libraries. Yeah I didn't go too far on developing the game :(

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 06/05/2016, 11:13 PMCan't even make fun of nintendoage these days. Stop ruining my fun, DICKFACETAS! =;

In all seriousness, the thread's generalization isn't "all homebrews are cash grabs", it is "nintendo age buys all homebrews at premium, worth it or not". There are plenty of decent-to-great games, Armed for Battle was one (even though the creator went a little bit overboard on the extra collectibles that came alongside the game :lol:)
Hah, I exist to ruin fun!

Yeah, those "collectables" were easily mocked, as they were pretty retarded. In fact, you can probably find me mocking them in the thread when they were first brought up.  That said, I've changed my tune regarding these LEs. I just see them as a way to get the homebrewers a little extra cash, having spent so much effort in creation. Probably comes from having been working on a homebrew myself.  Also, I hope that at least SOME of the shitty homebrews are just because the programmers are new. Everyone has to start somewhere, and a 2048 clone is an easy place to start.

I'm surprised the joke hasn't been leaked, given the amount of times John said it at MGC, when he wasn't playing the worst game of hide and seek ever.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 06/05/2016, 11:13 PMI would sell LE hucards of my game...
LOL, are you still working on that game?! :)

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Psycho Punch

Gredler

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 06/06/2016, 01:18 PMProbably comes from having been working on a homebrew myself.
Do you even code bro?!

IMG