RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Limited Run Games

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/03/2016, 04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Quote from: majors on 08/24/2017, 09:21 AMFunny you mention that...LGR is NOW selling unlimited pre-orders to brink'n mortar. There is absolutely no discount and by agreeing to sell their games, you cannot mark it up beyond $10(granted, for new...nothing is to say you can't sell them then have them traded in as used...but that might just be a loop hole).

How do I know? well Lost Ark in NC is one of the first stores to be a reseller. I'm told, LGR is limiting it to 1-2 stores per state.
No shit?  I wonder how that'll work.  Unless they do pre-orders for everyone, that's rather a slap in the face to the long time customers.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jtucci31

Yeah even this pre order business is still pretty shitty, it's just way better than what they had been doing, so it by default looks way better. But 24 hours to pre order a game? It's like they're trying to remain all semblance.

Once again, though, Ys Origin is available on Play Asia and I'm pretty sure (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) the Vita and PS4 versions are both English. Might as well just do that honestly.

NecroPhile

I don't mind the 24 hour time period.  It's plenty of time to get in an order, and there's plenty of press surrounding the game that you know it's coming.

TDIRunner

There is literally nothing they can do that will make everyone happy. 24 hours is more than enough time to get a pre-order in.  The only argument I can see for a longer window would be for people who don't know about it until it's too late.  But I have trouble believing that anyone who is truly interested in this game doesn't already know about the LRG release.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

NecroPhile

Exactly.  If they're living under a rock and don't know about it, it won't matter if it's 24 hours, a week, or a month.

jtucci31

I guess what I meant was that doing a 24 hour pre order period seems like the bare minimum (or maximum I guess) they could do in this situation so that they could still keep their "Limited" approach to everything.

TDIRunner

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2017, 03:40 PMI guess what I meant was that doing a 24 hour pre order period seems like the bare minimum (or maximum I guess) they could do in this situation so that they could still keep their "Limited" approach to everything.
The way I see it, they can keep their "limited" approach by keeping the CE limited (which they are).  Make as many RE as needed and keep the CE limited.  I can't imagine HOW people could complain about that, despite the fact that I know the WILL.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Flare65

Quote from: bartre on 08/22/2017, 05:41 PM
Really glad I didn't grab Lawbreakers :P
Wow.  I never even heard of this game until I watched this youtube video.  Looks like a great game, but I'm already deeply invested in Overwatch...

Back on topic:

Why is the regular version of Ys and the collectors edition the same price for PS Vita??

TDIRunner

Quote from: Flare65 on 08/25/2017, 12:38 AMBack on topic:

Why is the regular version of Ys and the collectors edition the same price for PS Vita??
I saw that yesterday and was confused as well.  I appears to be corrected now.

Gypsy

I caved and ordered a CE. I love Ys.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/25/2017, 10:13 AMI caved and ordered a CE. I love Ys.
I heard the CE of Y's didn't sell out all that fast and many where able to get multiples.

Did you go with the PS4 or Vita?

Gypsy

PS4.

It said one per person, so people that ordered multiples are probably in for a surprise.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 08/25/2017, 10:22 AM
I heard the CE of Ys didn't sell out all that fast and many where able to get multiples.

Lol, "didn't sell out fast" means it took more than two minutes but less than 10?  What kind of world is this.

NecroPhile

No kidding, it sold out plenty quick.  I skipped the CE and went with a plain jane Vita copy; I'll pay a little more for extra goodies, but nearly double the cost for a poster and simple art book was a bridge too far.

By the way, peeps could get multiples (2 per system and 4 total) by buying both the standalone CE and the bundle with Asdivine.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 08/25/2017, 11:13 AMNo kidding, it sold out plenty quick.  I skipped the CE and went with a plain jane Vita copy; I'll pay a little more for extra goodies, but nearly double the cost for a poster and simple art book was a bridge too far.

By the way, peeps could get multiples (2 per system and 4 total) by buying both the standalone CE and the bundle with Asdivine.
Ah okay, I sure didn't want that other game.

Quote from: guest on 08/25/2017, 10:29 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 08/25/2017, 10:22 AM
I heard the CE of Ys didn't sell out all that fast and many where able to get multiples.

Lol, "didn't sell out fast" means it took more than two minutes but less than 10?  What kind of world is this.
Yeah it took like 5 minutes, but was actually possible to order. CONFIRMED TURD!!!!11one

bartre

somebody from that garbage facebook group posted this:

IMG

How did Skullgirls not sell as well as they hoped? it met the "stretch goal"

NecroPhile

Skullgirls sold ~11,000 copies combined, more than any title released before or since, yet it's a failure?  It sounds to me like they're making excuses for Ys to be a "failure", then they can go back to business as usual and claim "pre-orders don't work!".

It won't take many pre-orders for Ys Origin to surpass every other release.  With just the CEs and PAX copies, they're at 7500 total.

Arkhan Asylum

I decided to stop giving these pieces of shit my money.   
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 08/25/2017, 05:08 PMI decided to stop giving these pieces of shit my money. 
respect.

exodus

Quote from: guest on 08/25/2017, 03:18 PMSkullgirls sold ~11,000 copies combined, more than any title released before or since, yet it's a failure? 
It's possible that with skullgirls they had to place the order in advance, and it didn't meet that number, so they wound up with lots of extra stock. in this case it's a true preorder, so should be alright??

Mathius

It's looking more and more like LGR just isn't geared towards people like us who like to play their games. Sad business.

bartre

DON'T YOU TALK SHIT ABOUT LAZY GAME REVIEWS.
THAT MAN IS A TREASURE.

Mathius

Quote from: bartre on 08/25/2017, 06:16 PMDON'T YOU TALK SHIT ABOUT LAZY GAME REVIEWS.
THAT MAN IS A TREASURE.
lol
I really enjoy Lazy Game Reviews.

Gypsy

Well for anyone that just wants to play Ys Origin it's been on sale for $5 before. So at least there is that.

bartre

Quote from: Mathius on 08/25/2017, 05:59 PMIt's looking more and more like LRG just isn't geared towards people like us who like to play their games. Sad business.
but really, I think they've printed all the games I actually want.

unless by some miracle they do Yakuza 5 on PS3, that'd be cool but patently unlikely.

Gypsy

Quote from: bartre on 08/25/2017, 07:17 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 08/25/2017, 05:59 PMIt's looking more and more like LRG just isn't geared towards people like us who like to play their games. Sad business.

unless by some miracle they do Yakuza 5 on PS3, that'd be cool but patently unlikely.
I believe they declared that dead. Just gonna have to wait for the remaster, LOL.

bartre

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/25/2017, 07:27 PM

I believe they declared that dead. Just gonna have to wait for the remaster, LOL.
this is true.
oh well, at least we got 0 and are getting Kiwami and 6.

also, i wouldn't say these are "their" games.
they're just printing them for a cut.

Mathius

Sega, in an odd bit of being awesome, reprinted Yakuza 1 and 2 on PS2, and Yakuza 3 on PS3 earlier this year. It's been the first time in ages (lol) that Yakuza 2 has been available for a reasonable price. I'm not sure if these copies are still available but it's worth checking Amazon just in case. Hopefully 3 will still be available by the time I dig myself out of my financial hole.

Medic_wheat

Well I got the PS4 copy of Y's.

I really thought about the vita copy and sure I could mod my ps tv for use. However in the end I just didn't see the use of buying two copies of the game just to have a vita copy.

Johnpv

I went ahead with the regular PS4 version, glad it was an easy experience.

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 08/25/2017, 05:08 PMI decided to stop giving these pieces of shit my money.
Same here. Posted that a few pages ago. Let's create our own exclusive Fuck LRG club that's super limited and only open to the public for 2 minutes before officially closing forever.

TR0N

Quote from: Johnpv on 08/25/2017, 09:09 PMI went ahead with the regular PS4 version, glad it was an easy experience.
Ditto i just order the regular edition of Ys Origin,didn't have a problem getting in a order at all.Though the collectors edition did sell out pretty fast.After this,i don't see myself buying from LRG again any time soon.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TheClash603

My friend shared this with me, not sure of the source but it seems legit.

Ys PS4 standard : ~4,289 + 10 = ~4,299
Ys Vita standard : ~3,462 + 10 = ~3,472
Total so far : ~7,771
Total including CE : ~13,771

Odds are they never do a preorder again, I don't think they like these numbers.  I assume if they did a 5,000 run of standard edition on each system, it sells out in 30 minutes or less in each wave.

The irony of the whole situation is by not making the game limited, it appears to have become more limited?

Also, I would say this shows LRG set collecting is largely a thing of the past.  Most people seem to have moved on.

Gypsy

Quote from: Mathius on 08/25/2017, 08:22 PMSega, in an odd bit of being awesome, reprinted Yakuza 1 and 2 on PS2, and Yakuza 3 on PS3 earlier this year. It's been the first time in ages (lol) that Yakuza 2 has been available for a reasonable price. I'm not sure if these copies are still available but it's worth checking Amazon just in case. Hopefully 3 will still be available by the time I dig myself out of my financial hole.
Kiwami 2 is happening and should be $30, I'd just get that.

Quote from: bartre on 08/25/2017, 08:00 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 08/25/2017, 07:27 PM

this is true.
oh well, at least we got 0 and are getting Kiwami and 6.

also, i wouldn't say these are "their" games.
they're just printing them for a cut.
Seems like we are getting everything now. I make an effort to buy new from a retailer for Yakuza games. Normally I buy used.

NecroPhile

If clash's numbers are accurate, that makes Ys Origin the largest print run by a sizable margin (~38%) over the largest normal 'limited' release.  If the PS4 numbers don't include the PAX variant (1500 copies), make that ~53% larger.

If that's a failure......

bartre

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/28/2017, 03:27 PMIf clash's numbers are accurate, that makes Ys Origin the largest print run by a sizable margin (~38%) over the largest normal 'limited' release.  If the PS4 numbers don't include the PAX variant (1500 copies), make that ~53% larger.

If that's a failure......
IMG

NecroPhile

That's a perfect fit.  :lol:

Gypsy

Mathius

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: TR0N on 08/26/2017, 02:27 AM
Quote from: Johnpv on 08/25/2017, 09:09 PMI went ahead with the regular PS4 version, glad it was an easy experience.
Ditto i just order the regular edition of Ys Origin,didn't have a problem getting in a order at all.Though the collectors edition did sell out pretty fast.After this,i don't see myself buying from LRG again any time soon.
I haven't purchased from LRG prior and maybe won't again.  It depends on what physical run games they offer up, or if they ever can make a deal with the "BIG N" to start producing Switch games (Blaster Master Zero PLZ!!).  But yeah, I jumped on the Ys Origins regular copy for the PS Vita. I really hope I can plug it into my PSTV, else I'll just have this pretty vita case to look at, lol....
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

xcrement5x

Stolen from another forum talking about the LRG Y apostrophe S madness:

From Twitter:
Quote6,575 Vita, 8,400 PS4. This was a success on PS4 but not so much on Vita.

We already have 6,500 Vita copies en route and we have to reorder for those extra 75 - the minimum reorder quantity is MUCH higher than that

So until we sell the smattering of extra units that have to be ordered above that 75, it wasn't the best route for Vita.

Worth a try, for sure, and we'll certainly consider doing it again.

Ultimately, the decision to go this route in the future will be up to our partners. We'll push for it in some cases.
As I mentioned there, 6500 copies for Vita and 3000 of that are the LE, makes me feel real dumb for getting a limited edition which is like almost 50% off the produced copies.

NecroPhile

I don't get why they're making an issue over the extra 75 that they have to reorder.  It wouldn't be a problem if it were planned as a true pre-order from day one, where nothing was ordered before last Friday, so why not be happy that it sold 18% more copies than any previous Vita game, despite the competition from another english language release (which also had a nicer LE package)?  Even in this unique instance, the unsold product isn't as bad as 1000 (or whatever the minimum order number is) minus the 75 extra sales, as they haven't accounted for the percentage they keep from each sale to cover manufacturing defects and lost orders; they normally hold back 10%, so they actually need 733 more copies and not a mere 75.  In any case, I've little doubt that they'll be able to peddle the extra copies before year's end.

Quote from: guest on 08/29/2017, 11:41 AMAs I mentioned there, 6500 copies for Vita and 3000 of that are the LE, makes me feel real dumb for getting a limited edition which is like almost 50% off the produced copies.
45.6% LE isn't that much higher than unusual.  It was 39.6% for Lili, 37.5% for Night Trap, 33.3% LE for Lawbreakers, 37.5% for Wonderboy, and 41.7% for Dariusburst (PS4).

Gypsy

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/29/2017, 10:39 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 08/26/2017, 02:27 AM
I haven't purchased from LRG prior and maybe won't again.  It depends on what physical run games they offer up, or if they ever can make a deal with the "BIG N" to start producing Switch games (Blaster Master Zero PLZ!!).  But yeah, I jumped on the Ys Origins regular copy for the PS Vita. I really hope I can plug it into my PSTV, else I'll just have this pretty vita case to look at, lol....
Just whitelist hack it and don't look back. :)

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/29/2017, 12:24 PMI don't get why they're making an issue over the extra 75 that they have to reorder.  It wouldn't be a problem if it were planned as a true pre-order from day one, where nothing was ordered before last Friday, so why not be happy that it sold 18% more copies than any previous Vita game, despite the competition from another english language release (which also had a nicer LE package)?  Even in this unique instance, the unsold product isn't as bad as 1000 (or whatever the minimum order number is) minus the 75 extra sales, as they haven't accounted for the percentage they keep from each sale to cover manufacturing defects and lost orders; they normally hold back 10%, so they actually need 733 more copies and not a mere 75.  In any case, I've little doubt that they'll be able to peddle the extra copies before year's end.

Quote from: guest on 08/29/2017, 11:41 AMAs I mentioned there, 6500 copies for Vita and 3000 of that are the LE, makes me feel real dumb for getting a limited edition which is like almost 50% off the produced copies.
45.6% LE isn't that much higher than unusual.  It was 39.6% for Lili, 37.5% for Night Trap, 33.3% LE for Lawbreakers, 37.5% for Wonderboy, and 41.7% for Dariusburst (PS4).
Yeah they act like it would be some great struggle to sell these extra copies. So dumb.

GohanX

A Vita version doesn't sell as well as PS4? I, for one, am shocked.

Johnpv

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/29/2017, 10:39 AMBut yeah, I jumped on the Ys Origins regular copy for the PS Vita. I really hope I can plug it into my PSTV, else I'll just have this pretty vita case to look at, lol....
I hate to be the barer of bad news but if you're on the stock OS, Ys Origin does not work on the PSTV.  If you have yours with the hacked OS, then you can force the whitelist to add it and it'll work.

Also those numbers seem pretty fantastic for both platforms overall.  I'm not surprised they're trying to spin it into a negative though. 

Medic_wheat

Yes it really does surprise me that they are trying to force it into a negative.

A notch game

On a notch system

Just pre-ordered higher then any other "limited run" release of heir vita games.

That should be cause for celebration.

It nearly tied with the commercially successful PS4. As for units sold.

schweaty

Anybody have any experience with the flame in the flood?  Seems to be getting mixed to positive reviews

jtucci31

Windjammers announced on their IG. Fuck...

NecroPhile

For both PS4 and Vita and in normal and LE versions.  Seriously, why in the fuck does Windjammers need an LE?

Does the Vita one support local multiplayer?  That'd be sweet for the PSTV.

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 09/14/2017, 11:31 AMFor both PS4 and Vita and in normal and LE versions.  Seriously, why in the fuck does Windjammers need an LE?

Does the Vita one support local multiplayer?  That'd be sweet for the PSTV.
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/908042612090818560

Yes for PS4 and Vita. No announcement of any LE at all.

I doubt the Vita one will support local multiplayer, too. But it would be sweet.