The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Limited Run Games

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/03/2016, 04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

Thought I would make a thread for this game publisher.

https://limited-run-games.myshopify.com/collections/games

If you hurt now they have some of their back stock on sale that was left over. Got myself their most rectory released vita game with music CD

NecroPhile

I must not be the only one that skipped Futuridium, seeing as they have a bunch left over for a second run sale.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Yeah so far the only game that really peeked my interest was Oddworld.

But the latest game seems to be a shooter of some sort. So I figured what the hell

HailingTheThings

Futuridium feels like a 32X game. lol
IMG

wildfruit

Cosmic star heroine looks decent. Would rather have physical release for vita than ps4. I like to sit in bed with RPGs.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: wildfruit on 06/03/2016, 07:27 PMCosmic star heroine looks decent. Would rather have physical release for vita than ps4. I like to sit in bed with RPGs.
Couldn't you remote play or whatever?
IMG

wildfruit

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/03/2016, 11:07 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 06/03/2016, 07:27 PMCosmic star heroine looks decent. Would rather have physical release for vita than ps4. I like to sit in bed with RPGs.
I hadn't considered that. I haven't ever tried it. When I tried PS3 to psp I found it a bit laggy.

ParanoiaDragon

I picked up Futuridium.  It reminds me of an old Jag game, & since I'm nuts & have a fondness for the Jag, I kinda like the game!  I know Xeodrifter is coming this month, I already beat it on Vita digitally though, I'll still buy the physical.  It's a Metroid'esque game.  Cosmic Star Herione looks awesome, been waiting for that one.  Kinda wondering if they'll get ahold of Axiom Verge, that's a great Metroid clone.
IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: wildfruit on 06/04/2016, 01:40 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/03/2016, 11:07 PM
I hadn't considered that. I haven't ever tried it. When I tried PS3 to psp I found it a bit laggy.
Haven't tried it for new stuff, but perhaps it has gotten better? Should give it a test.
IMG

wildfruit

Just gave it a go. I couldn't get it connect directly for some reason but over the net it works fine. The lag is imperceptible. Trying to use l2 r2 by the touchpad is another matter.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: wildfruit on 06/04/2016, 04:37 PMJust gave it a go. I couldn't get it connect directly for some reason but over the net it works fine. The lag is imperceptible. Trying to use l2 r2 by the touchpad is another matter.
lol well at least things work kinda, yes? :3
IMG

bartre

y'know, fuck these guys.
artificial scarcity- so many of these are specifically bought by resellers.
even 2/3 of the local shops around me all bought new copies of their games specifically to mark up by $30.

I would have liked to get oddworld, but nah. fuck it.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: bartre on 06/05/2016, 09:29 PMy'know, fuck these guys.
even 2/3 of the local shops around me all bought new copies of their games specifically to mark up by $30.

Can still be had for a "decent" price, just gotta keep them eyeballs peeled.
IMG

NecroPhile

They've at least tried to make it so you can only buy one or two copies each, rather than letting gougers buy dozens just to flip.

The next one is Octodad and comes out on Father's Day, so odds are I'll be skipping it.

Medic_wheat

I'd love them to do:

Scott  pilgrim vs the world
Duke Nukem (since the PC port is now on PSN)
Maiden of Blackwater (come on Nintendo snubbing NA with digital only?)
Mega man 9&10
Some kind of TG-16/Neo Geo compilation of the digital games available
Fez

You know stuff at the caliber of the Odd World which to date feels like the onlly highly polished game they have released physically.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/06/2016, 01:42 PMI'd love them to do:

Scott  pilgrim vs the world
Duke Nukem (since the PC port is now on PSN)
Maiden of Blackwater (come on Nintendo snubbing NA with digital only?)
Mega man 9&10
Some kind of TG-16/Neo Geo compilation of the digital games available
Fez

You know stuff at the caliber of the Odd World which to date feels like the onlly highly polished game they have released physically.
Castle Crashers
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

You would surprised how many IP holders they have talked to that are reluctant about doing a Limited Release like this. 

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2016, 03:26 PMYou would surprised how many IP holders they have talked to that are reluctant about doing a Limited Release like this.
I'd be interested to read up on it. Any links?  Also what were the IP holders reason(s) for declining? 

My assumption is that it would just add the IP holders money to have the game re-released in physical formate. Apart from getting royalties and maybe a copy of the game they wouldn't loose out on anythjng. At lest nothing I can readily think of.

Medic_wheat

Number 13 looks good to me.

Lost at sea
Octo dad

Pass for me

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/06/2016, 03:51 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/06/2016, 03:26 PMYou would surprised how many IP holders they have talked to that are reluctant about doing a Limited Release like this.
I'd be interested to read up on it. Any links?  Also what were the IP holders reason(s) for declining? 

My assumption is that it would just add the IP holders money to have the game re-released in physical formate. Apart from getting royalties and maybe a copy of the game they wouldn't loose out on anythjng. At lest nothing I can readily think of.
Just from what I've heard from them talking with folks on Twitter and on forums.  They approach a lot of devs at trade shows and are always trying to strike a deal if possible.

Medic_wheat

I I heard something about them going to the show "shark tank" to find investors to grow their business.  Which was on Twitter when I heard people talking to them about their appearance on the show.

cardboardzero

Does anyone even play the games these guys release?  All I see is people buying as many copies as they can so they can jack the price up.  Oddworld looked ok, but some of the others?  Saturday morning rpg and breach and clear looked terrible.
And every time I drive down the road I wanna jerk the wheel into a god damn bridge embankment!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: cardboardzero on 06/06/2016, 10:29 PMDoes anyone even play the games these guys release?  All I see is people buying as many copies as they can so they can jack the price up.  Oddworld looked ok, but some of the others?  Saturday morning rpg and breach and clear looked terrible.
Can't speak others.

Personally I am just trying to snatch up "fun" vita games. Odd world is the first game I honestly wanted. I did pick up Saturday morning RPG but that was because the eBay listing was only $20 more then the MSRP. Figured what the hell.

Granted I ended up sending that copy ask to limited run. Long story short it wasn't suppose to be sold to the public and it was leaked (the version I had). They are sending me a replacement and probably a extra goodie.

If I was in it for the rare value of it all then I would have probably kept the rare promo one I had. But I am not. I just like the idea of having a physical copy of certain digital only games. Sure I have a host of digital games but I loath that they are digital only.

Take the respelled TMNT game. Which I know I am in the minority of liking.  You can't buy it any more. And it wasn't even offered very log digitly. That urked me. Knowing there are many other people who possibly will never have the ability to play this game because it is digital only. And for many digital only games some that are actually pretty great. Eventually they may never be available for people to play or those who "own" them may one day be unable to access them.

It's why I activity pursue games even if they are re-released or as a bonus disk of digital only expanded content for other games.

ParanoiaDragon

I'm buying the Vita games I know I want & will play.  I know nothing of Octodad, I'll have to research it.
IMG

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2016, 10:32 AMThey've at least tried to make it so you can only buy one or two copies each, rather than letting gougers buy dozens just to flip.

The next one is Octodad and comes out on Father's Day, so odds are I'll be skipping it.
Very much skipping Octodad myself. Out of all the games currently on tap I'm really hoping to get Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype.

Quote from: cardboardzero on 06/06/2016, 10:29 PMDoes anyone even play the games these guys release?  All I see is people buying as many copies as they can so they can jack the price up.  Oddworld looked ok, but some of the others?  Saturday morning rpg and breach and clear looked terrible.
I was going to play Oddworld but it's not PSTV compatible. So now I just have to wait until I get a PS4.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/07/2016, 06:29 AMI was going to play Oddworld but it's not PSTV compatible. So now I just have to wait until I get a PS4.
All Limited Run Games are supposed to be pstv compatible. Where'd you get that info?
IMG

Gypsy

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/07/2016, 05:55 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 06/07/2016, 06:29 AMI was going to play Oddworld but it's not PSTV compatible. So now I just have to wait until I get a PS4.
All Limited Run Games are supposed to be pstv compatible. Where'd you get that info?
I put it into my PSTV and it didn't work. Maybe it's been fixed now?

NecroPhile

Fuck, don't tell me Oddworld won't play!  :cry:

Quote from: cardboardzero on 06/06/2016, 10:29 PMDoes anyone even play the games these guys release?
I will eventually.  Though it ended up as a needless gesture, I bought the first one (Breach & Clear) just to support the company and in hopes that they'd do more/better games in the future; I got the second one (Saturday Morning RPG) because it looked fun and I'm a sucker for RPGs; and I bought the third title (Oddworld) because I loved playing it back in the day on PC.  I skipped Futuridium, though, and can't get too excited for the next few releases: Xeodrifter, Octodad, Lost Sea (no Vita version anyway), or Soldner - X2.  I'd be more willing to buy if there wasn't so dang many of 'em, but I ain't gonna shell out $30 every two weeks.

Gypsy

Well this made me curious I went to google to see if maybe I just did something wrong.

http://www.reviews2go.com/playstation-tv-non-compatible-game-list-north-america/
https://www.reddit.com/r/VitaTV/comments/41s7sx/oddworld_new_n_tasty_not_compatible_at_launch/

So it looks like it definitely isn't compatible, unless something has changed recently.

Also I can't help but to agree with Necromancer. Their release schedule is very active. If they were releasing better games then I could buy them, but they aren't. I'll likely buy Soldner and CSH but not Octodad or Xeodrifter (not sure on this yet but I still don't even have a ps4).

NecroPhile

Pffucckerins!  I hope they patch that mo-fo, else I'm gonna have two games in my meager collection that I can't even play..... until I get a real Vita.

Boo-urns on LRG for not being upfront about the incompatibility.  (or boo to me for not paying attention)

HailingTheThings

Confused. Totes though they said that every Vita game would be TV compatible. Hmm....
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, I was hoping Oddworld was compatible.  If they don't fix it, I suppose I'll eventually play it on my Vita, but that's a game I greatly prefer to play on a big screen.  As for Xeodrifter, I enjoyed it.  It's a Metroidvania, a little on the basic side, but fun.
IMG

HailingTheThings

If compatibility, or lack thereof, is a thing now, I'd say get it for ps4.
IMG

Enternal

totally forgot about these guys, I probably would have picked up Saturday Morning RPG, but at least SÖLDNER X will be available soon. For those of you who don't have a PSTV, Walmart had these on Clearance for 19.97 and the Controller bundle ones for 29.97. Unfortunately you will have to check in store and it probably won't show up on brick seek. I picked up two a little while back and still saw them sitting in cases a 2 months ago when I checked. Most staff won't know what they are or what they look like. I only met one Walmart employee that knew what I was talking about when I mentioned Playstation TV.

Note that the box is small and will likely be in with the bottom of the Walmart glass case with the vitas or other sony hardware.

IMG IMG

A example of one of the bundles

IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Enternal on 06/08/2016, 09:48 AMtotally forgot about these guys, I probably would have picked up Saturday Morning RPG, but at least SÖLDNER X will be available soon. For those of you who don't have a PSTV, Walmart had these on Clearance for 19.97 and the Controller bundle ones for 29.97. Unfortunately you will have to check in store and it probably won't show up on brick seek. I picked up two a little while back and still saw them sitting in cases a 2 months ago when I checked. Most staff won't know what they are or what they look like. I only met one Walmart employee that knew what I was talking about when I mentioned Playstation TV.

Note that the box is small and will likely be in with the bottom of the Walmart glass case with the vitas or other sony hardware.

IMG IMG

A example of one of the bundles

IMG
Is there a way to search if any lovely (in your area) still have any?

Enternal

Next time I go to walmart in a day or two I can see if they still have them here locally and can pick it up and charge you cost+shipping if you are interested. Though there are also a few on amazon for sub 30 shipped for the non bundle.

Looks like Brick Seek is working to search

Walmart Exclusive bundle with a Dual Shock 3 Sly and Lego Move Game (Game codes have expired)

Dueal Shock and Lego Movie Bundle (No Sly, Game codes have expired)

Playstation TV non bundle

Try both

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker

And here is the source thread http://slickdeals.net/f/8626478-playstation-tv-bundle-for-29-99-at-walmart-in-store-only?page=12#commentsBox

xcrement5x

Quote from: Enternal on 06/08/2016, 11:50 AMNext time I go to walmart in a day or two I can see if they still have them here locally and can pick it up and charge you cost+shipping if you are interested. Though there are also a few on amazon for sub 30 shipped for the non bundle.

Looks like Brick Seek is working to search

Walmart Exclusive bundle with a Dual Shock 3 Sly and Lego Move Game (Game codes have expired)

Dueal Shock and Lego Movie Bundle (No Sly, Game codes have expired)

Playstation TV non bundle

Try both

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker

And here is the source thread http://slickdeals.net/f/8626478-playstation-tv-bundle-for-29-99-at-walmart-in-store-only?page=12#commentsBox
Thanks for the info.  I'd heard they were on sale a bit ago and thought about picking up another, but yeah they are all gone from my area. 

NecroPhile

All gone at Walmart here too.  I checked last week, hoping I could score a cheap one to use to play PSP ISOs, keeping my current one for legitimate games.

glazball

Quote from: bartre on 06/05/2016, 09:29 PMy'know, fuck these guys.

Now hold up.  How about fuck your local shops that flip for a markup?  The Limited Run guys are doing nothing wrong and in fact, like NecroPhile mentioned, they've made it harder for flippers to buy up multiple copies.  I personally think what they're doing is fucking awesome.  If you don't want to support them, then just don't buy the physical release.

To answer another member's question - yes, I do play the games I've bought (currently working on Oddworld).  In fact, had they not physically released them, I most likely wouldn't have played them because I boycott DLC.  I hope Limited Run keeps em coming!
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Gypsy

Yeah LRG has been limiting people to one copy (had been 2 but lately it has been one copy per platform). Of course stores are going to buy copies to mark up. That's part of how LRG is selling out games so quickly.

bartre

Quote from: glazball on 06/10/2016, 02:56 PMNow hold up.  How about fuck your local shops that flip for a markup?  The Limited Run guys are doing nothing wrong and in fact, like NecroPhile mentioned, they've made it harder for flippers to buy up multiple copies.  I personally think what they're doing is fucking awesome.  If you don't want to support them, then just don't buy the physical release.
Oh fuck them indeed.
I don't think i've bought from them in a year or so.
besides, they're comparatively priced with gamestop, lol

NecroPhile

I can't pat LRG too hard on the back, seeing as they're intentionally limiting production numbers to feed the collectard mindset.  I understand not wanting a warehouse full of unsold stock, but surely there's a middle ground between that and selling out within minutes, but they're worried that most current buyers won't buy at all if the production numbers were less constricted.

Gypsy

Quote from: bartre on 06/10/2016, 03:22 PM
Quote from: glazball on 06/10/2016, 02:56 PMNow hold up.  How about fuck your local shops that flip for a markup?  The Limited Run guys are doing nothing wrong and in fact, like NecroPhile mentioned, they've made it harder for flippers to buy up multiple copies.  I personally think what they're doing is fucking awesome.  If you don't want to support them, then just don't buy the physical release.
Oh fuck them indeed.
I don't think i've bought from them in a year or so.
besides, they're comparatively priced with gamestop, lol
Generally terrible, but I was able to take advantage of a store that did that by getting complete PSP games for dirt cheap. Gamecube as well previously but Gamestop recently raised their Gamecube prices (due to their retro nonsense).

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2016, 03:27 PMI can't pat LRG too hard on the back, seeing as they're intentionally limiting production numbers to feed the collectard mindset.  I understand not wanting a warehouse full of unsold stock, but surely there's a middle ground between that and selling out within minutes, but they're worried that most current buyers won't buy at all if the production numbers were less constricted.
They definitely know what they are doing. Like you are saying, resellers and gotta catch em alls are a big part of how they sell out. It does bother me that despite the fact that I really do want Soldner, I may not be able to get it because they are making 3200 total copies.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2016, 03:27 PMI can't pat LRG too hard on the back, seeing as they're intentionally limiting production numbers to feed the collectard mindset.  I understand not wanting a warehouse full of unsold stock, but surely there's a middle ground between that and selling out within minutes, but they're worried that most current buyers won't buy at all if the production numbers were less constricted.
I thought they took the whole limited angle due to cost from Sony to makes the physical games that are up front. Along with the cost of obtaining the rights to distribute the game from who ever owns the IP rights for these Indy games.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/10/2016, 04:24 PMI thought they took the whole limited angle due to cost from Sony to makes the physical games that are up front.  Along with the cost of obtaining the rights to distribute the game from who ever owns the IP rights for these Indy games.
I'm sure that was an issue to start, but they had to have made enough profits off the first release or two to pay for larger print runs now.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2016, 05:16 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/10/2016, 04:24 PMI thought they took the whole limited angle due to cost from Sony to makes the physical games that are up front.  Along with the cost of obtaining the rights to distribute the game from who ever owns the IP rights for these Indy games.
I'm sure that was an issue to start, but they had to have made enough profits off the first release or two to pay for larger print runs now.
On their Twiter they said hey have 32 games planed to come out. Granted they give each platform as a delegate release even if it is the same game.

NecroPhile

What's your point?  Having agreements with IP holders doesn't mean that LRG has already paid them for the distribution rights or paid Sony for production.

wiseau

They're right to worry, most of the games they publish are trash and they know it. Pretty much the only thing they have going for them right now is the artificial demand from their insanely low production numbers, and if 7.3k copies of oddworld for the PS4/vita was enough to seriously drain their coffers, they don't have much.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2016, 05:59 PMWhat's your point?  Having agreements with IP holders doesn't mean that LRG has already paid them for the distribution rights or paid Sony for production.
Ah. I had thought they had already secured the rights by paying for them. I do not know how this aspect of the video game industry works. It's mostly speculation and conjecture on my part.

bartre

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/10/2016, 03:29 PMGenerally terrible, but I was able to take advantage of a store that did that by getting complete PSP games for dirt cheap. Gamecube as well previously but Gamestop recently raised their Gamecube prices (due to their retro nonsense).
oh no, they're not in the business of cheap.
I do occasionally trade them some garbage for more than I could sell it for, IF I could sell it.
that's the only time i buy from them really.