OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Limited Run Games

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/03/2016, 04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Flare65 on 07/30/2016, 07:56 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/30/2016, 06:06 PMI ordered Soldner with no problem. Always make sure all your things are in order. Make an account with LRG and make sure everything is in order. Log in. Log in to your paypal as well. Sit at the order page and repeatedly press F5 until the option to add the game to cart appears. That's all I've done for every game and I haven't had any issues. Maybe I'm just lucky. idk.
I had everything in order.  :/
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/30/2016, 09:19 PM
Quote from: Flare65 on 07/30/2016, 07:56 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/30/2016, 06:06 PMI ordered Soldner with no problem. Always make sure all your things are in order. Make an account with LRG and make sure everything is in order. Log in. Log in to your paypal as well. Sit at the order page and repeatedly press F5 until the option to add the game to cart appears. That's all I've done for every game and I haven't had any issues. Maybe I'm just lucky. idk.
I had everything in order.  :/
As did I. Minus the computer part. It was all on my cell. Granted I had a user account and was logged in as well as my paypal.
Damn, sorry guys. If you did all the things and still didn't get one then that's complete BS. I think I read on the LRG forums that they were gonna have a third go at selling them given the circumstances. Check it out.

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=509
IMG

Gypsy

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/31/2016, 12:01 AMDamn, sorry guys. If you did all the things and still didn't get one then that's complete BS. I think I read on the LRG forums that they were gonna have a third go at selling them given the circumstances. Check it out.

Yeah I was signed on my account for them and paypal as well. It's that stupid crap where I couldn't check out despite it saying 75% of that crap was in stock. I, like others here, kept trying until it was out of stock too. Le meh.

Thanks for posting that link, interesting.

Groover

I watched that site for over two months. I missed both batches. They sold through so fast. I'm glad I will have another go but they really shouldn't be so limited. This is like trying to buy Pepsi Perfect last year.
IMG

bartre

man, I might have to start buying a couple copies just to cover the bases for my friends....

fuck the hoarders man.

NecroPhile

I managed to get one, but I wish I'd bought two to sell the extra to one of you guys.  At no more than 100% markup.  :twisted:

It sucks that their order system fucked up yet again (but it's never their fault, of course), and I don't get why they allow people to buy more than one; you'd think they'd get their shit together, but it seems unlikely to ever happen when nothing's changed after 9 months and 14 games.  I honestly don't think they give a fuck - all they care about is being able to recoup their money quickly and brag to potential clients that they sold 3200 copies in minutes.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 08/01/2016, 11:09 AMI managed to get one, but I wish I'd bought two to sell the extra to one of you guys.  At no more than 100% markup.  :twisted:

It sucks that their order system fucked up yet again (but it's never their fault, of course), and I don't get why they allow people to buy more than one; you'd think they'd get their shit together, but it seems unlikely to ever happen when nothing's changed after 9 months and 14 games.  I honestly don't think they give a fuck - all they care about is being able to recoup their money quickly and brag to potential clients that they sold 3200 copies in minutes.
Did you see their garbage recent post about it on Neogaf? Hell I'll just post it here for everyone anyway.

Quote from: LRG on Gaf"OK, there are clearly some misunderstandings here. The huge chunk of inventory that disappeared before the add to cart button went live was not a glitch nor anyone buying the games early. It was me adjusting the supply down for the first batch! I usually do this at 8AM prior to a sale but I went Pokemon GO hunting and ended up doing it later (around 9:50, I believe).

Only two orders came in before 10AM. They were from the same guy and both were for the Franchise Bundle. They were swiftly canceled and the guy was then banned. We couldn't list the bundle until the inventory was freed up through the cancelation and the guy banned (because he would have come back).

The simple fact is that 12,000 unique customers showed up on Friday - up from about 6,000 on July 4th. 12,000! We did not expect this. Söldner-X 2 went in to manufacturing back in June when Octodad took nearly 3 days to sell out (and about 15 hours to sell 3K copies on Vita at two per customer). There was nothing that suggested the game would be this popular. Many have said "It was a SHMUP, you should have known!" - I can't just wildly assume we should print 5K of every SHMUP in the same way I can't assume 5K for every RPG would be right.

We have to make sure our releases sell out quickly because the money is immediately invested back into the next game. I'm literally wiring the money from Friday to Sony tomorrow morning for our September releases. If games start piling up and don't sell, we're finished - plain and simple. We can't just recklessly increase runs or overprint games. Clearly what happened with Söldner-X was specific to it because Deadline still lasted two days.

We're definitely reevaluating certain print runs right now but know we can't fix the sizes of runs already in production (notably, Rainbow Moon).

Finally, RE: Shopify. It's not the cheapest solution, it's the best. No other eCommerce solution serves what we are doing better. In fact, the other solutions we tried prior to choosing Shopify were trash with absolutely terrible inventory management. MONDO has been doing limited run merch way longer than we have - I'd consider them the leader in this sector. They use Shopify too. Most stores use it (vBlank, Indiebox, Fangamer - they all use it). It has a lot of quirks and issues, but nothing beats it. We are going to be doing a lot of work on the site in the coming weeks and will likely invest money im hiring a professional to do that work. I doubt we can improve the checkout situation much, but we can certainly close loopholes and tighten things up.

Thank you to everyone who is sticking with us through these growing pains. Sorry to anyone who missed out! Know that there was no funny business here - the cart loophole was not widely known. Söldner-X 2 sold out legitimately, lightning fast. "
Comparing Soldner to Octodad. LOL.

Medic_wheat

They might have want to take a poll when they feel a game might have large demand.

Granted it's hard to know what wil be in higher demand at times. Personally I never heard of the game as I don't mess with digital on stuff all to offen. However Soldner and Odd world seem like the only two games released to date that were a step above shovel ware.

Or maybe it is because these are the two I found interest and I am just bias.

BlueBMW

If they are so worried about having the money and not over producing games why not just switch it over to a pre-order only system.  Then just produce as many as are ordered and paid for.  Oh wait but then they wouldn't be as zomg limited run rare and the collectors/flippers wouldn't buy them.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Gypsy

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/01/2016, 02:23 PMIf they are so worried about having the money and not over producing games why not just switch it over to a pre-order only system.  Then just produce as many as are ordered and paid for.  Oh wait but then they wouldn't be as zomg limited run rare and the collectors/flippers wouldn't buy them.
Fucking nailed it.  =D&gt;

They just posted some stuff about a potential $30 membership for early access to buying games.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/01/2016, 02:31 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/01/2016, 02:23 PMIf they are so worried about having the money and not over producing games why not just switch it over to a pre-order only system.  Then just produce as many as are ordered and paid for.  Oh wait but then they wouldn't be as zomg limited run rare and the collectors/flippers wouldn't buy them.
Fucking nailed it.  =D&gt;

They just posted some stuff about a potential $30 membership for early access to buying games.
A membership? 

Lame. If I am paying into a membership it would have to

1). Have a guarantee of availability for all products for at least one per member

2) provide an annual schedule and notification of what games are planed for the year (to allow a member determine if the games are worth the additional fee)

3) maybe offer some sort of member only discounts or something. Like an annual blow out sale for members or something for all remaining stock.

Flare65

Here is the response they emailed me today:

We are sorry you ran into issues ordering from our store.

We have reviewed everything that happened and have to come to the conclusion that we just couldn't meet demand. The demand from our last run had literally doubled for this run. Due to the long production times we were unable to adjust the quantity of copies that were for sale on this run or for our next run in August. Sales will be limited to 1 per customer for Rainbow Moon. Going forward we will try to print enough copies to meet demand for 2 per customer. Unfortunately for Soldner-X 2 we will not being doing a reprint as it is against our policy and contract with the developer.

Thank you for your support and sorry for any inconvenience.

In other words, you're outta luck chump.

HailingTheThings

Apparently they're gonna save any extra copies of Soldner for Black Friday, aside from the copies that will be sold to the very loud LRG forum regulars. Just a heads up.
IMG

Flare65

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/02/2016, 01:20 AMApparently they're gonna save any extra copies of Soldner for Black Friday, aside from the copies that will be sold to the very loud LRG forum regulars. Just a heads up.
Got a link to where they said that?  It won't hurt to try asking them again, but I gotta know for sure they said it before I email them again.  I really don't want to buy this game digitally.

NecroPhile

Their response doesn't make sense.  I'm sure they did have greater demand for Soldner than they had for Octodad, but what the fuck does that have to do with people seeing it's available and adding it to their cart only to find it's sold out when they try to check out, then when they went back to the item page it was still "in stock".  They can argue all they want that the storefront is great, but it obviously is a broken piece of shit.

Again, they don't care.  The only thing that matters is "3200 copies sold in minutes!!!"

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Flare65 on 08/02/2016, 09:20 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/02/2016, 01:20 AMApparently they're gonna save any extra copies of Soldner for Black Friday, aside from the copies that will be sold to the very loud LRG forum regulars. Just a heads up.
Got a link to where they said that?  It won't hurt to try asking them again, but I gotta know for sure they said it before I email them again.  I really don't want to buy this game digitally.
I can't remember where it was exactly, but I think it was somewhere in this thread:

Terribly sorry in advance if it isn't. Everything on their forums blend together as one big diarrhea milkshake. :(
IMG

Gypsy

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/02/2016, 05:43 PMTerribly sorry in advance if it isn't. Everything on their forums blend together as one big diarrhea milkshake. :(
I've seen worse but yeah that's a really unpleasant look.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/02/2016, 08:09 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/02/2016, 05:43 PMTerribly sorry in advance if it isn't. Everything on their forums blend together as one big diarrhea milkshake. :(
I've seen worse but yeah that's a really unpleasant look.
Oh wow. lol Reading light colored text again dark backdrop messes with my eyes after a little bit. Ahh.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Has anyone here that actually nabbed Soldner-X 2 gotten a shipping notice yet?  I can't recall how long it usually takes them to start shipping stuffs.
IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 08/05/2016, 03:00 AMHas anyone here that actually nabbed Soldner-X 2 gotten a shipping notice yet?  I can't recall how long it usually takes them to start shipping stuffs.
No, not yet. If you look on this page:
https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-13-soldner-x-2-final-prototype-vita?variant=21440343683

Says it may take up to 2 weeks.
IMG

EvilEvoIX

I'm going to get me Oddworld, I love those games.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

ParanoiaDragon

Ah, mine just shipped, sweet!
IMG

Groover

I missed the last one by less than an hour. I'm excited about Shadow Complex this month!
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Just nabbed Rainbow Moon for Vita, & Shadow Complex even though I don't have a PS4.  I wish there was a Vita version, but I'll have to wait to play it.  I tried to get the bundle with the soundtrack, but every time I went to cart with it, it said sold out, so got the game by itself.  Maybe I'll let a buddy of mine borrow it, since he's low on funds, & there was no way he would've been able to pick it up himself.
IMG

Gypsy

Shadow Complex looks okay, Rainbow Moon looked pretty bad to me. Ended up ordering Shadow Complex for a friend, nothing for myself this time.

Medic_wheat

Scott Pilgrim Creator Says It's His "#1 Goal" to Get the 2010 Game Re-Released

And limited run games responded with a desire to partner up.

However.  With how soldier X2 went. I'd be VERY fearful that limited run games would mess up the release lol. Or more precisely that my ability to get a copy would be piss poor lol.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 08/19/2016, 09:05 PMScott Pilgrim Creator Says It's His "#1 Goal" to Get the 2010 Game Re-Released

And limited run games responded with a desire to partner up.

However.  With how soldier X2 went. I'd be VERY fearful that limited run games would mess up the release lol. Or more precisely that my ability to get a copy would be piss poor lol.
Well, the dev decides on the number of copies to be produced.  If they decided they wanted 10K copies then that would be much easier to deal with vs like the 3000 or so they've been doing recently. 

bartre

Quote from: guest on 08/19/2016, 11:09 PMWell, the dev decides on the number of copies to be produced.  If they decided they wanted 10K copies then that would be much easier to deal with vs like the 3000 or so they've been doing recently. 
yeah, with shadow complex getting 7K, it took until saturday (i think) afternoon to sell out.
I'm cool with that.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: bartre on 08/21/2016, 06:11 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/19/2016, 11:09 PMWell, the dev decides on the number of copies to be produced.  If they decided they wanted 10K copies then that would be much easier to deal with vs like the 3000 or so they've been doing recently. 
yeah, with shadow complex getting 7K, it took until saturday (i think) afternoon to sell out.
I'm cool with that.
Well then. In the mythical future of Scott Pilgram getting a physical release would be sweet.

Flare65

I wish Limited Run Games would just do pre orders.  The open up pre orders for a week for an upcoming title.  They collect the cash, and then pay Sony to print as many games as needed.  Win-win for everyone.  They have the clout to do it.

I'm usually working when they release games (morning and afternoon) and anything Vita sells out in about 15 minutes or less.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Flare65 on 08/23/2016, 09:11 AMI wish Limited Run Games would just do pre orders.  The open up pre orders for a week for an upcoming title.  They collect the cash, and then pay Sony to print as many games as needed.  Win-win for everyone.  They have the clout to do it.

I'm usually working when they release games (morning and afternoon) and anything Vita sells out in about 15 minutes or less.
I know. Granted I am being selective in what I pick up. I don't want something just because it's "limited". Granted most of their games I have never heard of.

So far I have odd world, shadow complex, and have interest in the upcoming Mystery Chronicals.

Eventually I wil get the soldner x2. Granted I sent back that Saturday morning RPG like three months ago. Still waiting on them to send back a copy as well as "extras" as they claimed. Have sent a reminder email and tweet message about it. Haven't had much in the way of response or a tracking number.

Have them a wish list of what "extra" I'd like. Soldner x.

NecroPhile

Don't hold your breath.  I was told that 'maybe they could get me something extra' for being honest and sending back the extra Oddworld, but the only thing I got was a paypal refund for $2.24 (exact postage).

xcrement5x

Sounds like if you are a regular on their forum you might get a better response unfortunately.  I had a couple issues (one damaged game, one misaddressed) and got both resolved pretty fast. 

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 08/23/2016, 10:31 AMDon't hold your breath.  I was told that 'maybe they could get me something extra' for being honest and sending back the extra Oddworld, but the only thing I got was a paypal refund for $2.24 (exact postage).
They just responded to my email that they sent it in the mail today and thanked me for reminding them/being patient. Will post update when it comes in the mail.

wiseau

Quote from: guest on 08/23/2016, 10:31 AMDon't hold your breath.  I was told that 'maybe they could get me something extra' for being honest and sending back the extra Oddworld, but the only thing I got was a paypal refund for $2.24 (exact postage).
So i'm not the only one they've been giving free games to?

Gypsy

Quote from: Flare65 on 08/23/2016, 09:11 AMI wish Limited Run Games would just do pre orders.  The open up pre orders for a week for an upcoming title.  They collect the cash, and then pay Sony to print as many games as needed.  Win-win for everyone.  They have the clout to do it.

When asked about this before they gave some bullshit reply about not wanting to do pre-orders/pre-sales. I doubt it will ever happen unfortunately.

BlueBMW

If they did pre-orders it takes away from the ZOMG RARE LIMITED! L@@K! factor that they are relying upon right now.  The resellers would be salty indeed if they just started selling to meet demand.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Gypsy

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/23/2016, 11:46 PMIf they did pre-orders it takes away from the ZOMG RARE LIMITED! L@@K! factor that they are relying upon right now.  The resellers would be salty indeed if they just started selling to meet demand.
Indeed. They should just release better games and do presales, but lol.

Flare65

A lot of the games they release are hit or miss for me.  Some of them just look like shovelware.  Maybe I'm over generalizing since I have not played them, but OctoDad and some of the other releases just just don't appeal to me.  Shooters like Soldner X2 do appeal to me.

NecroPhile

People bitch about the quality of the games, but exactly which fantastic download only gems are being overlooked?  They're just publishers, so don't expect them to code their own AAA titles or import and translate some Japan only goodies.

Medic_wheat

I suspect everyone here has a wish list of digital only games made available since the Xbox Live/PSN/Wii e shop came into existence.

Granted some games possibly can never be resurrected due to lose of licensing rights or the developer having gone out of business.

Example of that for me is the remade Turles Reshelled.

I have it on my PS3 and honestly enjoyed it for what it was. Lead me to buy the SNES and Genesis ports after plowing through Reshelled. But the developer I believe is out of business and the only way for people to play this game is if they had bought it the same year it was available. As I believe it was no longer available to buy after the first year released.

To me that would be closer to "preserving video games on physical media" as LRG's has been touted doing. However like I said it's not about to happen for many games due to when the game was released, developers no longer existing, and lisence expering.

Another example would be Marvel vs Capcom 2 HD. That's not available for licensing reasons as well.

Gypsy

My comment was due to their own previous reasoning for not doing presales. Like anyone else I've liked some games they have put out and not others.

Fwiw they recently did acquire a Japanese developed game, but I am assuming that they are not doing the translation work.

Medic_wheat

Well looks like Likited Run games just announced the next two games I want.

IMG

BlueBMW

Theres only one game out there that is digital only that I'd love to see a physical release of...

Nights HD (PS3/Steam)

Make that a physical release and you can have my moneys.

sirhcman

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/19/2016, 02:17 PMTheres only one game out there that is digital only that I'd love to see a physical release of...

Nights HD (PS3/Steam)

Hey its on Xbox 360 Arcade as well! :P

Gypsy

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/19/2016, 02:15 PMWell looks like Likited Run games just announced the next two games I want.
Yeah I was pretty happy to see these get announced. Will be trying to order them for sure. LRG mentioned they will have pretty good sized runs, 6k each being the goal.

TheClash603

Quote from: Gypsy on 09/19/2016, 04:12 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/19/2016, 02:15 PMWell looks like Likited Run games just announced the next two games I want.
Yeah I was pretty happy to see these get announced. Will be trying to order them for sure. LRG mentioned they will have pretty good sized runs, 6k each being the goal.
Great game series, definitely the best thing LRG has released.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/19/2016, 02:17 PMTheres only one game out there that is digital only that I'd love to see a physical release of...

Nights HD (PS3/Steam)

No Outrun HD?
--DragonmasterDan

Medic_wheat

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 09/21/2016, 07:58 AM

Nights HD (PS3/Steam)

No Outrun HD?
That after burn game for the PSN was also interesting. Based on game sack game play.

GohanX

Afterburner Climax was the shit!

TR0N

IMG
Finally the games that i would buy from LRG.So i went ahead and made a account there i all ways wanted a physical release for those shantae titles.I remember when they did the run for retro city rampage and i missed out on it,which flippers took advantage of.Still at least vblankentertainment did there own run recently and i was able to get a copy finally.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec