OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Limited Run Games

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/03/2016, 04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnykonami

Quote from: GohanX on 09/21/2016, 06:31 PMAfterburner Climax was the shit!
Yeah, I was super pumped to play it when it was Arcade only, finally picked it up on X360 a buncha years ago.  They also had this really cool looking Hokuto no Ken fighting game on the same arcade hardware if I recall correctly, never did get the chance to play it.

Medic_wheat

youtube . com/shared?ci=ou6_R2okej4
youtube . com/watch?v=ou6_R2okej4

Groover

Nice video. I watched it this morning. I tried to buy Soldner X but it sold out too quickly. That is also nuts to learn that if a game didn't seel out in hours people would start messaging about refunding the purchase. I like that they are making physical releases of digital games. I understand the limited nature in that they are a small comapny and can only extend themselves so far. I just wish they didn't sell out in hours and had a bigger run. I mean they could limit it for sale this month only or week. It is just frustrating when you stalk a webpage for weeks and then when it happens miss out by one hour. I think they are a little too limited considering all the talk about the importance of physical releases you think they would release more. I do like that they are looking at expanding this. Also the developers can do another run if they wish no one is stopping them.
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Groover on 09/24/2016, 01:54 PMNice video. I watched it this morning. I tried to buy Soldner X but it sold out too quickly. That is also nuts to learn that if a game didn't seel out in hours people would start messaging about refunding the purchase. I like that they are making physical releases of digital games. I understand the limited nature in that they are a small comapny and can only extend themselves so far. I just wish they didn't sell out in hours and had a bigger run. I mean they could limit it for sale this month only or week. It is just frustrating when you stalk a webpage for weeks and then when it happens miss out by one hour. I think they are a little too limited considering all the talk about the importance of physical releases you think they would release more. I do like that they are looking at expanding this. Also the developers can do another run if they wish no one is stopping them.
That is an interesting point. The developers could take the success or possible failure of their game selling as a que to release their game themselves.

I'd like to see some of the Indy games get bundled. I have a feeling some of hear smaller games could be grouped. More bang for your printing/releasing buck.

Like top three from developer blank

Or a Tim Shafer HD collection.  Something.

GohanX

Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/21/2016, 07:23 PM
Quote from: GohanX on 09/21/2016, 06:31 PMAfterburner Climax was the shit!
Yeah, I was super pumped to play it when it was Arcade only, finally picked it up on X360 a buncha years ago.  They also had this really cool looking Hokuto no Ken fighting game on the same arcade hardware if I recall correctly, never did get the chance to play it.
Hokuto No Ken actually runs on Atomiswave, and has a Japanese ps2 port. It's also awesome, I have a bootleg cart.

BlueBMW

Hahaha.  The comment by the guy who's like "we buy limited run games because they're LIMITED"  My exact problem with Limited Run Games.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NecroPhile

They've said all along that it's only their specific release that's limited.  The developer retains all rights to their game, so there's nothing stopping them from making more without LRG's involvement.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Yeah, pleased about this of course.

Since comments were mentioned, I strolled down to the comment section. Damn it.  #-o

Psycho Punch

Fucking OWNED.
Love some collectard schadenfreude.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

bartre

Needless to say, I'm ecstatic.

Medic_wheat

IMG

So they have their first PC game as well up. Or it's been up. I think pre-orders end on the 26th.

I don't know much about the game and am still digging up information to have a more informed opinion. However I pulled the trigger based more on it being in tone to Snatcher then anything else.

Medic_wheat

IMG

Here is another game that's on my radar.

NecroPhile

Will this one also be incompatible with PSTV and you'll never hear anything about it from LRG because they're le dumb?

bartre

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/24/2016, 01:14 PMIMG
good to know that people still haven't figured out how to save a picture. or crop.

:D

Medic_wheat

Quote from: bartre on 10/24/2016, 01:33 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/24/2016, 01:14 PMIMG
good to know that people still haven't figured out how to save a picture. or crop.

:D
I do what I can. Thank you for noticing.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2016, 01:30 PMWill this one also be incompatible with PSTV and you'll never hear anything about it from LRG because they're le dumb?
I hope not. I commented on the tweet to see if I'd get some sort of response.

Gypsy

It runs like ASS on PSTV fwiw (I played a bit of it via the hack). I have not played it on a regular ole Vita to compare though. Regardless I'll be in for Strangers Wrath and I hope it will be compatible.

Medic_wheat

IMG

Alright. Is this the start of them just offering a pre-order for those interested in the game?  Here is hoping so.  Also another game I am interested in.

NecroPhile

I like the normal pre-order route, but it's hard to get excited about a vs. fighter.... even if it is rather cute and funny.  Any of ya play it?  I'd be more inclined to buy it if it's easy to pick up and play, not requiring tons of practice and memorization of combos, reversals, etc. (because I am le dumb).

So the Shantae pairs are #24 and #25 (available this Friday) and Volume is #28 (available the following Friday), but what happened to #26 and #27?

bartre

Quote from: guest on 10/25/2016, 09:22 AMI like the normal pre-order route, but it's hard to get excited about a vs. fighter.... even if it is rather cute and funny.  Any of ya play it?  I'd be more inclined to buy it if it's easy to pick up and play, not requiring tons of practice and memorization of combos, reversals, etc. (because I am le dumb).

So the Shantae pairs are #24 and #25 (available this Friday) and Volume is #28 (available the following Friday), but what happened to #26 and #27?
You'd probably hate skullgirls man. just being honest.
It definitely took the modern 2D fighter route, rather than an arcade style experience.
IE - there's a lot of technical stuff to do and learn, but until you do, it's probably gonna feel clunky.

as to #26 and #27 -
you already missed out. sorry.

Medic_wheat

I am guessing "the silver case" PC was either #26 or #27.

I don't know what the other game was myself.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/25/2016, 12:39 PMI am guessing "the silver case" PC was either #26 or #27.

I don't know what the other game was myself.
No, I believe they said Silver Case was going to be separate of the numbered scheme since it's a PC release.

Medic_wheat

Then what were 26 and 27?

xcrement5x

Aoi Blink and Maniac Pro Wrestling

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 10/25/2016, 03:46 PMAoi Blink and Maniac Pro Wrestling
Weird never even knew they were released let alone available. Wonder if they sold them separate from their site?

Looks at eBay. Lol good post man lol. Good post.

TR0N

Well that was quick shantae risky revenge and pirates curse sold out in one day  :shock: I thought it would so i order both right away as orders open. My order went in so i'm set i'll see how this turn out,first time buying from LRG.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

bartre

yeah, they sold out same day, I was kinda thinking they'd stick around at least an hour or so since the print runs were a little bigger than most.
buuuuuuuut, I guess Shantae is popular enough *shrug*

Medic_wheat

Yeah I was able to get my order of each game. Thought about getting a soundtrack. But let's be honest. I'll never listen to them. And I don't have a YouTube show to feature the music in. Sooo.

I was tempted to buy two of each game. However, that would only have been if there were still copies of the game available after the second batch went up. Yes they had the option to buy two per customer. I felt it best to allow fans to get at lest one copy first.

Granted Ricky's revenge is also available on the 3DS now as a physical copy and even the silver box just got announced for the PS4 in physical form. Lol.

xcrement5x

I
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/29/2016, 06:39 AMYeah I was able to get my order of each game. Thought about getting a soundtrack. But let's be honest. I'll never listen to them. And I don't have a YouTube show to feature the music in. Sooo.

I was tempted to buy two of each game. However, that would only have been if there were still copies of the game available after the second batch went up. Yes they had the option to buy two per customer. I felt it best to allow fans to get at lest one copy first.

Granted Ricky's revenge is also available on the 3DS now as a physical copy and even the silver box just got announced for the PS4 in physical form. Lol.
I think you mean Pirate's Curse.  Risky's Revenge was, until LRG brought it out, only ever available digitally.  Hence the big draw for many people on that one.  Also the Kaufman soundtracks were a no brainer to me, that guy is amazing.

TR0N

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/29/2016, 06:39 AMYeah I was able to get my order of each game. Thought about getting a soundtrack. But let's be honest. I'll never listen to them. And I don't have a YouTube show to feature the music in. Sooo.

What element said pirates curse had a physical release but risky revenge was digital only.I played,pirates curse back in 2015 on the wii-u and i really enjoyed the game. So buying a physical copy for PS4 was a no-brainer for me plus i don't have a 3DS.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Gypsy

Quote from: bartre on 10/29/2016, 04:52 AMyeah, they sold out same day, I was kinda thinking they'd stick around at least an hour or so since the print runs were a little bigger than most.
buuuuuuuut, I guess Shantae is popular enough *shrug*
Yeah they sold out a little faster than I was thinking but I figured they wouldn't last long.

I got one of each. No PS4 still, but no sense in not buying these now and lining the pockets of a tard later.

Yeah I couldn't bring myself to drop $45 on stuff I'd never use either.

Medic_wheat

IMG

Misspoke. It was pirates curse that got a 3DS physical release around the same time was the limited run game release.

NecroPhile

Allowing people to buy two copies is a big part of why they sell out so quickly.  I too have been tempted to buy two copies, flipping one for enough to make my copy 'free', but I just can't do it.

ParanoiaDragon

I did nab the 2 Shantae's even though I still lack a PS4, but I skipped on Skullgirls.  I'll never play it.  I like fighting games, but, very few ever stand out to me, so I'm not a huge fan of them.
IMG

Gypsy

SNK already made all the fighters I'll ever need 15+ years ago so I'm skipping Skull Girls too. I'm definitely skipping Volume as well.

Medic_wheat

NecroPhile

Local multi?  That makes it tempting, just so I have one game that's two player.

I wish more games would support that.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 11/07/2016, 11:46 AMLocal multi?  That makes it tempting, just so I have one game that's two player.

I wish more games would support that.
I agree. Makes me tempted to buy he vita game. Will have to make a decision soon.

Gypsy

Local multiplayer is definitely a dying aspect, outside of Nintendo. It was actually a chore to find racing games for PS3 with local multiplayer and AI (Gran Turismo 5 for instance has local multi without AI).

Psycho Punch

Yeah lack of local Co-op is bullshit. At least nintendo tries to preserve that part of gaming.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 11/10/2016, 05:29 PMYeah lack of local Co-op is bullshit. At least nintendo tries to preserve that part of gaming.
Amen. It's completely asinine that to play some games with a friend I would need two consoles, two copies of the game and an internet connection. For this reason my Dreamcast, Saturn, Gamecube and Wii see the most use when playing with friends. Also have had some good times on PS2 with stuff like Champions of Norrath.

schweaty

I know they are a small operation, but how long do they normally take to ship?  I ordered a few on BF and haven't received a shipping email yet

HailingTheThings

Quote from: schweaty on 12/02/2016, 05:18 PMI know they are a small operation, but how long do they normally take to ship?  I ordered a few on BF and haven't received a shipping email yet
They do normally take a while, but if you're concerned just e-mail them.

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26
IMG

Gypsy

Blood bath this morning. People got butt raped and are not happy about it.

I managed to get Oddworld but tried to late for the other game. I'll try to get it later...

NecroPhile

I missed out.  I hate their piece of shit website that says there's hundreds of copies left, but the cupboard is bare when you go to checkout.

Medic_wheat

I was able to get both games. Mind you I hovered around like a hawk before the sale went live and was loaded in. If that made any doffernace.

Interestingly enough I noticed when I went to check out I was told I was "waiting in line" to complete the checkout process.

I saw they had a three pack bundle for the odd world. It seemed interesting only for the blue variant cover which I liked more then the other two. But not enough to buy three copies of the same game. So I'll probably just custom print the cover I liked and slide it over the one I get.

bartre

Quote from: guest on 12/16/2016, 10:31 AMI missed out.  I hate their piece of shit website that says there's hundreds of copies left, but the cupboard is bare when you go to checkout.
I ordered the triple pack cuz I wanted the blue one - I'll trade you a copy if you miss out this afternoon.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 12/16/2016, 10:31 AMI missed out.  I hate their piece of shit website that says there's hundreds of copies left, but the cupboard is bare when you go to checkout.
Quote from: bartre on 12/16/2016, 01:30 PMI ordered the triple pack cuz I wanted the blue one - I'll trade you a copy if you miss out this afternoon.
I have one going to a friend at cost already. The other might be spoken for as well as someone else I know was trying to order same time as me and got hosed like Necro. 500 in stock but still can't check out because herp derp system.

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/16/2016, 11:02 AMI was able to get both games. Mind you I hovered around like a hawk before the sale went live and was loaded in. If that made any doffernace.

Interestingly enough I noticed when I went to check out I was told I was "waiting in line" to complete the checkout process.

I saw they had a three pack bundle for the odd world. It seemed interesting only for the blue variant cover which I liked more then the other two. But not enough to buy three copies of the same game. So I'll probably just custom print the cover I liked and slide it over the one I get.
My friend and I were logged into LRG and paypal beforehand. Both of us got it in the cart within half a minute. I was able to check out and my friend wasn't. Seems like luck of the draw.

NecroPhile

I managed to get one this time, but thanks for the kind offer bartre.