RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

E3 2016 Thread

Started by Otaking, 06/04/2016, 10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

I am still holding out hope for minted o to announce Mother 3 being released in NA. That and against even more hope of a Mother 1-3 physical release in the 3DS or WiiU

bartre

Sony totally won this year.
if only because they stuck to showing games more than anything else.

I will admit, horizon looked way better than it did last year, I might consider myself interested in it now.

esadajr

Quote from: crazydean on 06/13/2016, 07:47 PM...The Wii U is an awesome system. But, the sales figures are rough, and Nintendo isn't giving it the love it deserves. I'm not sure which is the cause and which is the effect. Anyway, the price on the system as well as its games will tank once the NX comes out...
If anything it will go up, once it becomes this "underrated" console with "gems". Sounds familiar?
Gaming since 1985

wiseau

Quote from: esadajr on 06/15/2016, 10:58 AM
Quote from: crazydean on 06/13/2016, 07:47 PM...The Wii U is an awesome system. But, the sales figures are rough, and Nintendo isn't giving it the love it deserves. I'm not sure which is the cause and which is the effect. Anyway, the price on the system as well as its games will tank once the NX comes out...
If anything it will go up, once it becomes this "underrated" console with "gems". Sounds familiar?
...The PS Vita?

Otaking

It's not clear what the NX will be, Nintendo are saying it won't be a replacement for the Wii U.
Rumours in the past have been that the NX could be some kind of streaming device or that it will take it computing power from other consoles and computers. Also it could be a hybrid portable and home console.
Anyways what I'm saying it looks like there may be a lot more life left for the Wii U, it may be the last standard home console that Nintendo make.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

TR0N

Quote from: bartre on 06/15/2016, 04:28 AMSony totally won this year.
if only because they stuck to showing games more than anything else.

I will admit, horizon looked way better than it did last year, I might consider myself interested in it now.
Sony did put on a good show.They showed the games and no boring long speech at all.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

BlueBMW

Quote from: crazydean on 06/13/2016, 07:47 PMI'd like to see a new 3-D Mario game like Mario 64, Galaxy, etc. I don't like the "New Super Mario Bros" games. I would also be satisfied with a real 2-D Mario game like SMB 1-3 and SMW.
Did you get a chance to try Super Mario 3D World or Super Mario Maker?  For that matter, if you like Mariokart games Mariokart 8 was fantastic IMO.  Beyond that, DKC Tropical Freeze was awesome too.  Seems like the Wii U has plenty of great games :)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Medic_wheat

Quote from: wiseau on 06/15/2016, 11:07 AM
Quote from: esadajr on 06/15/2016, 10:58 AM
...The PS Vita?
I think he meant the Dreamcast

munchiaz

Quote from: Sarumaru on 06/14/2016, 12:07 PMI went to Sony's live showing event at a theater here locally. It was just a bunch of VR crap, more zombie games and FPS garbage. They also talked about rebooting the Crash series, like anyone gives a crap. The only thing that excited me even slightly was that they showed the new KOF in the previews. other than that, I didn't care for most of it.
Pretty much agree. So sick of 3rd person cienmatic set piece types of games. Uncharted was fun for awhile, but i never even completed 3, that new run down game is just mix of uncharted and last of us. Not much gameplay mechanics shown for any of the games except for horizon.

Gredler

Yeah I agreed that there are too many hackneyed genrescurrently while beloved existing genres and designed go untapped. I really wish a good dev with good artists and programmers would revisit some underrepresented genres like puzzle games, shmup, action platforms akin to castlevania and wonderboy, and arcade sport games.

TheClash603

I played that Resident Evil 7 demo and it was okay.  The funny thing is they basically copied Condemned, which was a phenomenal game, so i guess copying is a nice move.  Right down to the mannequin scene.  I think the game in VR will be a blast though.

Gypsy

Quote from: munchiaz on 06/15/2016, 11:09 PM
Quote from: Sarumaru on 06/14/2016, 12:07 PMI went to Sony's live showing event at a theater here locally. It was just a bunch of VR crap, more zombie games and FPS garbage. They also talked about rebooting the Crash series, like anyone gives a crap. The only thing that excited me even slightly was that they showed the new KOF in the previews. other than that, I didn't care for most of it.
Pretty much agree. So sick of 3rd person cienmatic set piece types of games. Uncharted was fun for awhile, but i never even completed 3, that new run down game is just mix of uncharted and last of us. Not much gameplay mechanics shown for any of the games except for horizon.
To me the third one was the worst besides the Vita game but I did still finish it. They are really short though so that helps.

TheClash603

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/17/2016, 06:21 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 06/15/2016, 11:09 PM
To me the third one was the worst besides the Vita game but I did still finish it. They are really short though so that helps.
You're telling me.  The worst game series is Metal Gear Solid, I don't know how anyone can sit through those.

wildfruit

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/16/2016, 11:43 PMI played that Resident Evil 7 demo and it was okay.  The funny thing is they basically copied Condemned, which was a phenomenal game, so i guess copying is a nice move.  Right down to the mannequin scene.  I think the game in VR will be a blast though.
I was pretty disappointed. I found it a bit boring, I didn't really get the business of finding a vhs and then playing through the vhs. I didn't find it graphically impressive either, though admittedly that's never been a strong point for the series in general. Perhaps you're right it would be better in VR but that's not a road I'm going down any time soon.

Gredler

Quote from: wildfruit on 06/19/2016, 01:29 PMI didn't find it graphically impressive either, though admittedly that's never been a strong point for the series in general.
I'd argue this for sure, citing the RE:Makes and RE 4 as cornerstones of the graphical capability of the GameCube at the time, and even the original two had fairly cutting edge graphical presentations when compared to their contemporaries

TheClash603

Quote from: Gredler on 06/19/2016, 10:36 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 06/19/2016, 01:29 PMI didn't find it graphically impressive either, though admittedly that's never been a strong point for the series in general.
I'd argue this for sure, citing the RE:Makes and RE 4 as cornerstones of the graphical capability of the GameCube at the time, and even the original two had fairly cutting edge graphical presentations when compared to their contemporaries
I am guessing they scaled the game back so it could be played in VR on the PS VR, which is essentially the least powerful VR system.  The main game suffers because of it.