RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Bloodstained E3 Demo

Started by Sadler, 06/24/2016, 04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadler

They released a download code for $60+ backers a couple days ago. I just finished playing through it and it's pretty damn awesome. Basically exactly what you'd expect, it felt a lot like the later handheld Castlevanias. Anyone else played it? What the hell are Kung Fu Shoes and how do I equip them? :D

jtucci31

Damn I didn't have a PS4 at the time so I didn't back it, but now I regret it. (Also need to back Shenmue 3 at some point)

Let's hope it doesn't make you feel like an anime fan on prom night

ParanoiaDragon

I haven't tried downloading it yet, too busy/lazy.  Looking forward to hearing whatever tunes are in the demo!
IMG

Sadler

Ha! Well if this demo is any indication, Bloodstained should end up being better than Mighty No 9 supposedly is. :D I played through it again last night, kung fu shoes are a weapon, not sure how I missed that! I wonder how many item drops and shards there are in the demo.

Edit: the tunes are awesome! Also the first time I played the demo the screen was scrunched oddly. That seems to be fixed now, it looks really good! Much better than the last 2.5D one. Controls a whole lot better too!

bartre

Yeah, abide from a couple super minor nitpicks, I think I'm in love.
Provided I don't decide to move on to another project before this one is done, I might be getting a ps4 very soon

Medic_wheat

Have yet to try the demo. Not even sure if I got my download code honestly.

wildfruit

If this & shenmue 3 are still available as slacker backers I might give myself a Christmas treat.
Shenmue 3 is the priority though seeing as I have 1&2 for the DC.

bartre

Quote from: wildfruit on 06/25/2016, 06:33 PMIf this & shenmue 3 are still available as slacker backers I might give myself a Christmas treat.
Even if they're not, I'm sure you can get the copies on release.

wildfruit

Quote from: bartre on 06/25/2016, 07:53 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 06/25/2016, 06:33 PMIf this & shenmue 3 are still available as slacker backers I might give myself a Christmas treat.
I had concerns general release would be d/l only.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: wildfruit on 06/25/2016, 08:05 PM
Quote from: bartre on 06/25/2016, 07:53 PM
I had concerns general release would be d/l only.
Not really up to date with Shinmu III but I don't belive Bloodstaid physical release was Kickstarter backer only. Just has a back variant cover and slip on cover.

Flare65

I backed it and downloaded the demo off of Steam last night.   I'm very pleased with how it plays and feels.  I do think the music seems a bit underwhelming as it sounds kind of muffled and doesn't seem to immerse you into the  game at all. I'm sure they will have this fixed when the game comes out.

I laughed at the tit physics of the boss!  Looks heavily influenced by the Senran Kagura games.

ClodBusted

I watched the demo on Youtube.

There's the other Bloodstained thread from last year, feel free to read my post from back then:
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=19061.msg406325#msg406325

I still think that these modern pseudo 2D graphics are not my cup of tea. Instead of polygons, cel-shading and flash-animation-like deformation, I'm more into pure pixels.

That boss could have been nice if they ditched the gross upper half.

On the other hand, my girlfriend mentioned that she liked the main character's outfit.

TDIRunner

I backed it despite not owning a PS4 then (or now), but I hope to have one soon before the end of the year.  I'm FINALY seeing enough games I want to play to justify getting one.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TDIRunner on 06/28/2016, 11:24 AMI backed it despite not owning a PS4 then (or now), but I hope to have one soon before the end of the year.  I'm FINALY seeing enough games I want to play to justify getting one.
Holding out for the Neo?

I was all set to buy a PS4 last month for my birthday but then I heard about the Neo. Now I am just waiting for that. Might as well get the latest version.

TDIRunner

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/28/2016, 11:47 AM
Quote from: TDIRunner on 06/28/2016, 11:24 AMI backed it despite not owning a PS4 then (or now), but I hope to have one soon before the end of the year.  I'm FINALY seeing enough games I want to play to justify getting one.
Holding out for the Neo?

I was all set to buy a PS4 last month for my birthday but then I heard about the Neo. Now I am just waiting for that. Might as well get the latest version.
I'm still undecided.  It's going to have a lot to do with pricing.  How much will the Neo cost?  Will the regular PS4 get a price drop?  Will I win the lottery next week?  It all just depends.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Flare65

They are releasing it on a multiple of platforms.  I don't own a PS4 or Xbox One.  I ended up getting the physical copy for the Wii U.  The digital copy will be on steam.  I'd love a physical copy for the Vita.  I am a bit concerned that the Wii U version will be slightly gimped since game will most likely be a lower quality port of the PS4/Xbox One release.

I think I read that some other studio is doing the Wii U port of the game.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is delayed beyond the release dates of the other systems.  Look at Mighty No 9......we are still awaiting the 3ds and Vita ports of the game.....not that it really matters as MN9 didn't quite live up to the hype.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Flare65 on 06/30/2016, 11:31 PMThey are releasing it on a multiple of platforms.  I don't own a PS4 or Xbox One.  I ended up getting the physical copy for the Wii U.  The digital copy will be on steam.  I'd love a physical copy for the Vita.  I am a bit concerned that the Wii U version will be slightly gimped since game will most likely be a lower quality port of the PS4/Xbox One release.

I think I read that some other studio is doing the Wii U port of the game.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is delayed beyond the release dates of the other systems.  Look at Mighty No 9......we are still awaiting the 3ds and Vita ports of the game.....not that it really matters as MN9 didn't quite live up to the hype.
Wait. There is a physical copy of the game coming out? 

Well looks like I am "rebuying" it for the WiiU

Oh wait lol scratch that. There was always a physical copy planes. Luckily that's the tier I backed. I am 99% I asked for the PS4 copy.

Don't see anythjng regarding a WiiU port. Would probably get it if offered just to pad out the WiiU library.

Enternal

I backed the kickstarter trinity. Mighty No. 9, Bloodstained, and Shenmue. Out of all the various long running series I realized Castlevania, is one that I have every game for in some port/form without purposely trying to complete it. I've also finished most of the 2d games.

I started the Bloodstained demo up, and the whole "mood" of the game felt right, the music, the game play. And it wasn't until I tried equipping my second soul power in the sub menu that I looked at the close up portrait of the character and remembered that this wasn't an actual "Castlevania" game.. I had completely forgotten.

Also if someone didn't mention it, Kung Fu shoes are a weapon. I kept them equipped on my play through to kick those big boss breasteses until she fell into the sea.

For backers you can go back into your survey link and change your choice on what platform of the game to receive. The MM9 Wii U port of the game has me worried about how well Bloodstained will run, even though it should be able to run it just fine.

As a reminder to those that are getting physical kickstarter rewards. From the description it seems that the game itself won't have a kickstarter variant, just the slipcase.

Groover

I backed it and I got the steam code but I don't have a PC I have a Mac. So I plan to either get windows installed on my mac or use my friends PC to play the demo. I am looking forward to it. I just hope they don't rush it out. March 2017 is less than a year away.
IMG

Flare65

Quote from: Groover on 07/02/2016, 03:07 PMI backed it and I got the steam code but I don't have a PC I have a Mac. So I plan to either get windows installed on my mac or use my friends PC to play the demo. I am looking forward to it. I just hope they don't rush it out. March 2017 is less than a year away.
Its probably going to get delayed.  I'd be willing to bet money on it.  I think the pressure is on IGA to deliver a quality product since Mighty No. 9  didn't live up the to hype.  IGA has set the bar very high wanting to exceed SotN in terms of quality and quantity.

I enjoyed the Bloodstained demo but it seemed very far from finished.  We got a taste of how the game will play, but it certainly needs some polish.  I do like what I have seen so far.

Medic_wheat

Well thanks to this thread I contacted the right people and realized a few things

1). Never did the survey. Now that I did it I opted for the Vita copy.

2). I never made a username on their official forums.

3). That they are doing a physical release for almost everything but the NX