10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Cabbage and I placed first in a 8-16 bit game development competition :)

Started by Gredler, 07/08/2016, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gredler

IMG

Together Cabbage and I won a game jam today  :dance: , and I thought I'd share it with everyone here since this is where I met him.

A game jam is a competition where developers make a game in a short period of time then the results are ranked on various criteria.

This competition was a week long, and was judged on the adherence to theme, how funny it was, how well it takes advantage of the platform, and overall.

The theme was picked at random was "Red Hot Princess Carnage"  :shock:

He asked me to help him by making art, and together we picked the gameboy color to develop our game.

We decided to fit the theme we will make a game about a princess burning everything in her castle to get to a cake, and Cabbage quickly busted out a rad little game that I was lucky to have a part in making the visuals for. We called the game "Where's My Cake?"

Here is a link to the competition,
http://jams.gamejolt.io/bitbitjam3/games/where-s-my-cake-gbc/161802

Here is a link to where the game is downloadable to play on an everdrive/emulator, and is playable in the browser at this link as well,
http://jams.gamejolt.io/bitbitjam3/games/where-s-my-cake-gbc/161802

I was surprised we won, there were some cool other games, but I am really happy for us and had a frigging blast busting this bad girl out  =D>

Now to get back to some of my other obligations and projects!  8-[

xcrement5x

Congrats to you guys!  I played it for a bit in the emulator and it seems really well put together.  A bit hard for me since I was using a keyboard but I bet it would fare better with a real controller.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Well done!  =D>

'Tis very cute and fun (what little I played online), but when's it getting ported to Turbob?  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 07/08/2016, 04:40 PMWell done!  =D>

'Tis very cute and fun (what little I played online), but when's it getting ported to Turbob?  :mrgreen:
I'd love to work on a Turbob game with Cabbage but it would probably not be a port of this pretty princess game ;)

bob

thats terrific guys.  great to see all the hard (fast) work pay off.
#spitknockers

ToyMachine78

Nobody likes a bragger .....

Seriously though that's pretty cool. Good job!

NecroPhile

Zero_Gamer: "Are all men from the future loud mouthed braggarts?"

Gredler: "Nope, just me baby.  Just me."
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

OldMan

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 07/08/2016, 05:39 PMZero_Gamer: "Are all men from the future loud mouthed braggarts?"

IMG

I knew Cabbage was too modest to say anything, and really all I did was draw some goofy sprites, it was that guy's hard work and bad ass brain that got us the win.

Cabbage is the man, and I wanted everyone to have more evidence of that!

Thanks for the congrats, it was fun to work on and still am surprised ours was voted to the top :)

sirhcman

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ToyMachine78

Quote from: NecroPhile on 07/08/2016, 05:39 PMZero_Gamer: "Are all men from the future loud mouthed braggarts?"

Lol

CrackTiger

Looks very cool. Please continue to flesh it out into a full game if you can. =D>
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Digi.k

DeshDildo

"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!