RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

My LIKE NEW Turbo in box is up for sale

Started by iretrogamer, 07/11/2016, 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iretrogamer

NOTE: The initial price on this was way too high. I have since lowered it to a starting bid of .99 to be completely fair. Thanks.

Parting is such sweet sorrow but I realized I'm content with just owning my Duo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122043065986

I've had this practically brand new TurboGrafx-16 sitting in storage for YEARS. I only had it hooked up for a brief period before I put it back in it's box. Comes with everything (including Keith's Courage) but the printed materials it came with originally. Not sure where those went to.  :-k

SOME PICS:
https://imgur.com/a/5eanz

Hoping it goes to a great Turbo collector. Recently sold my Camp California with some help from the guys here. Thanks again everyone.

bob

jesus christ.  850 is a joke, right?

jtucci31

Joke threads go in fighting street ya dingus!

iretrogamer

Quote from: gynt on 07/11/2016, 10:04 PMjesus christ.  850 is a joke, right?
Starting bid is $250. As soon as someone bids, the Buy It Now price goes away.

iretrogamer

Brought it down to $800. Last few in this condition (practically new out of box) sold for $900 so I think I'm being fair. Besides, the Buy It Now option goes away when someone bids.

esteban

Quote from: iretrogamer on 07/11/2016, 10:10 PM
Quote from: gynt on 07/11/2016, 10:04 PMjesus christ.  850 is a joke, right?
Starting bid is $250. As soon as someone bids, the Buy It Now price goes away.
Please enter me in the raffle. Thank you.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

iretrogamer

Quote from: guest on 07/11/2016, 10:20 PMI came.

"Practically BRAND NEW except for including NONE of the paper shit that I can't remember who I sold it to. Also, never mind the crushed corner and torn to shit parts- MINT CIB MOTHERFUCKERS!!!"

J/K....

I really came.
Sooo honesty isn't the best policy?

Guys some of you are crapping on me for the BIN price. Thats only there for the people who can drop that much immediately. If they want it that bad it's there's.

I'm a collector and hardcore fan. Don't think I'm being unfair here.

CrackTiger

Those plastic seals often don't come off when you've left them on this long, so those items will likely never look great.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Sparky

Parting is such sweet money! I bought my duo for to much so let me see if I can get some back with this "like new" title I came up with. Thanks for being there for the community, best of luck!

in99flames

I appreciate Nulltard's spilling of seed......i feel dirty now....
IMG
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

esteban

Quote from: in99flames on 07/11/2016, 11:55 PMI appreciate Nulltard's spilling of seed......i feel dirty now....
IMG
Spelling error ruins joke.

jtucci31

cr8zykuban0

sorry to shit on your parade but 800 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much to be asking on system that isnt new.

it looks great no doubt about it but its "like new" but its not "new". theres a difference. the system has been played a few times according to your description on ebay so you can't sell it at factory sealed new price.

iretrogamer

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 07/12/2016, 01:21 AMsorry to shit on your parade but 800 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much to be asking on system that isnt new.

it looks great no doubt about it but its "like new" but its not "new". theres a difference. the system has been played a few times according to your description on ebay so you can't sell it at factory sealed new price.
OK, I've taken some of the feedback I've gotten here into consideration and lowered the Buy It Now price to $650.

I really do think this is in the realm of fairness and I want to be fair to those in the community.

You all helped me sell my Camp California so I appreciate your advice and help.

iretrogamer

And upon further reflection and research, I've lowered the starting bid to $150 and the Buy It Now to $400.

I realize what I knew of it's value in this condition was inaccurate. This wasn't a case of me trying to swindle anyone. I'm really not a seller.

Otaking

I can't comment on the price as I don't follow current TurboGrafx prices these days, so have no idea if it's good or bad, but I would avoid saying things such as "LIKE NEW" in all capitals and playing up how mint it is when there's a massive dent on a corner of the box and all the paper work is missing. I just say that as I reckon if a buyer doesn't check the listing and pics very closely they would be super pissed when they recieve the item.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Gentlegamer

Tyler, I told you, $0.99 no reserve is how you find the market value.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

iretrogamer

NecroPhile

Thanks for using the forum to advertise your overpriced wares.  It's what we're here for.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

iretrogamer

Quote from: guest on 07/12/2016, 09:56 AMThanks for using the forum to advertise your overpriced wares.  It's what we're here for.
Did you read through the thread? I've taken forum members advice. Lowered the starting bid to .99 cents.

NecroPhile

Of course I read it, and I've no doubt your initial high starting and buy-it-now prices were calculated to get such responses.  The only other logical explanation is that you're a complete idiot (admittedly quite possible) and forgot that you were given the exact same advice for your Camp California auction.

How long will it be after this auction ends before you post yet another overpriced, poorly described, and misleading auction?  We want to 'help' you!

iretrogamer

Quote from: guest on 07/12/2016, 10:13 AMOf course I read it, and I've no doubt your initial high starting and buy-it-now prices were calculated to get such responses.  The only other logical explanation is that you're a complete idiot (admittedly quite possible) and forgot that you were given the exact same advice for your Camp California auction.

How long will it be after this auction ends before you post yet another overpriced, poorly described, and misleading auction?  We want to 'help' you!
This is the last one I have to offer unless I decide to sell my Syd Meads.

Look, I understand how you came to your assumption. Truth is I just sold off a Jaguar CD in Box for $800 and got a little jumpy. My initial price was unguided and perhaps a little greedy.

I'm really a collector and longtime gamer since I was a kid in the 90s. I finally started selling off pieces of my collection that I obtained with my Dad growing up.

If you want to know more about me, check out my Retro Gaming channel
http://youtube.com/segamarkiii - Invalid ID

Hope you can shed the assumptions and think better of me.

Thanks.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: iretrogamer on 07/12/2016, 10:22 AM
Quote from: guest on 07/12/2016, 10:13 AMOf course I read it, and I've no doubt your initial high starting and buy-it-now prices were calculated to get such responses.  The only other logical explanation is that you're a complete idiot (admittedly quite possible) and forgot that you were given the exact same advice for your Camp California auction.

This is the last one I have to offer unless I decide to sell my Syd Meads.

Look, I understand how you came to your assumption. Truth is I just sold off a Jaguar CD in Box for $800 and got a little jumpy. My initial price was unguided and perhaps a little greedy.

I'm really a collector and longtime gamer since I was a kid in the 90s. I finally started selling off pieces of my collection that I obtained with my Dad growing up.

If you want to know more about me, check out my Retro Gaming channel

Hope you can shed the assumptions and think better of me.

Thanks.
You only post here to help sell your stuff or shill your channel. That's fact.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

iretrogamer

QuoteYou only post here to help sell your stuff or shill your channel. That's fact.
Well I need to post more often then as a TurboGrafx fan. I agree. I apologize.

I did buy the customized labels from Sparky.

Sometimes it's hard to find the time to get fully engaged in a community like this but I will try harder.

wildfruit

SavagePencil

Why are you selling all the shit your dad bought you?

iretrogamer

Quote from: SavagePencil on 07/12/2016, 10:54 AMWhy are you selling all the shit your dad bought you?
Well this was an extra thing he bought when the TG16 was clearance. I'll never sell my original DUO. Still have that.

Part of the money I make will go to help with LIFE... kids, wife, mortgage... and part of it goes back into obtaining some rare games for my collection that Dad and I never got back in the day.

geise

Oh fuck!  I initially thought this was a Duo.  (I'm dumb)  Holy hell man you're crazy.  It is obvious you're a collector.  No doubt.  I like how you were able to drop it down to $400 like it's nothing.  At least you dropped the price I guess.

iretrogamer

Quote from: geise on 07/12/2016, 11:48 AMOh fuck!  I initially thought this was a Duo.  (I'm dumb)  Holy hell man you're crazy.  It is obvious you're a collector.  No doubt.  I like how you were able to drop it down to $400 like it's nothing.  At least you dropped the price I guess.
Yeah man I'm not some reseller trying to gouge people.

bob

Quote from: iretrogamer on 07/12/2016, 11:55 AMYeah man I'm not some reseller trying to gouge people.
then why the hell did you start the BIN at $850???
you even said in earlier post "...got a bit greedy"

iretrogamer

Quote from: gynt on 07/12/2016, 11:58 AM
Quote from: iretrogamer on 07/12/2016, 11:55 AMYeah man I'm not some reseller trying to gouge people.
Yes that it why I made the changes.

If I were trying to gouge people I never would have made the changes.

in99flames

I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

esteban

Quote from: in99flames on 07/12/2016, 12:30 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/12/2016, 12:54 AM
Quote from: esteban on 07/12/2016, 12:23 AMSpelling error ruins joke.
Agreed
Alas it does :-( i still got a good laugh out of it :-D
I know! It would work well, but when a spelling error literally ruins the punch line....jeez, what a waste. Completely wasted opportunity.

CrackTiger

Quote from: iretrogamer on 07/12/2016, 12:04 PM

If you don't know what something is worth, so you just ask some crazy price several times what you've seen it sell for, then you are gouging.

If someone had BIN'ed it at $850, would you have issued a refund of $450 - $600 the next day?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

iretrogamer

Quote from: guest on 07/12/2016, 02:18 PM
Quote from: iretrogamer on 07/12/2016, 12:04 PM

If you don't know what something is worth, so you just ask some crazy price several times what you've seen it sell for, then you are gouging.

If someone had BIN'ed it at $850, would you have issued a refund of $450 - $600 the next day?
Would you? A tough call for anyone I would imagine.

That's besides the point. Point is, I made some changes after I realized I wasn't being fair. I think a little grace should be extended right?

Bernie

What is the going price for a boxed TG-16 now?  I paid like 130 for mine a few years back.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: iretrogamer on 07/12/2016, 10:22 AMIf you want to know more about me, check out my Retro Gaming channel
Aww, you got hawt Wolver-chops! Yay!
IMG

SignOfZeta

This has to be some game journalist trolling us for research or maybe Nintega is back. I don't know. $850 for fucking TG-16 is...it seems impossible that even the most perfectly mint TG-16 in the universe would even be worth 1/4 of that. A decent TG-16 is $50-80. The other $800 comes from...his ass?
IMG

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 07/12/2016, 06:15 PMThis has to be some game journalist trolling us for research or maybe Nintega is back. I don't know. $850 for fucking TG-16 is...it seems impossible that even the most perfectly mint TG-16 in the universe would even be worth 1/4 of that. A decent TG-16 is $50-80. The other $800 comes from...his ass?
If he has a cute Boys of Hawaii ass, then yes.

$800 of Yes.

:)

Sparky

Quote from: iretrogamer on 07/12/2016, 10:47 AMI did buy the customized labels from Sparky.
Yes you did, and for $19 bucks you tried to cut a deal if you made mention of them on your YouTube channel ( which I declined)  then asked if I could add a couple extra labels in, which I did as I had some misfits. Then I saw this giving post. It's better now and you get it now but holy f@ck $$ eyes.

wildfruit

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/12/2016, 05:39 PM
Quote from: iretrogamer on 07/12/2016, 10:22 AMIf you want to know more about me, check out my Retro Gaming channel
Aww, you got hawt Wolver-chops! Yay!
Skimmed some videos.
Meh

iretrogamer

Quote from: guest on 07/12/2016, 10:57 PM
Quote from: iretrogamer on 07/12/2016, 10:47 AMI did buy the customized labels from Sparky.
Yes you did, and for $19 bucks you tried to cut a deal if you made mention of them on your YouTube channel ( which I declined)  then asked if I could add a couple extra labels in, which I did as I had some misfits. Then I saw this giving post. It's better now and you get it now but holy f@ck $$ eyes.
Thank you Sparky for adding those extra labels. I asked if you would do it for free for publicity as the YT channel has over 7,000 subscribers and I thought that was reasonable. That happens all the time in business. You gracefully declined and I still bought from you because it was a great product.

I'm sorry that I've rubbed you all the wrong way. I made a bad judgment call listing this extremely high and then I changed it when I realized I was out of line.

I really want to ask forgiveness from this community because I love Turbo games and the retrogaming community at large. I've been collecting since I was a kid, with my father who is now passed away. I feel like it's in my blood and a part of me.

There's a lot of dog piling going on right now and if you're all willing, I think you'll realize I'm a pretty nice guy.

I've been in the community for YEARS. Back in 2001 I was the webmaster at SegaMasterSystem.com, I was only 15 years old, but I helped build a community of Master System fans.

My Dad and I shopped from Turbo Zone Direct all the time back in the 90s and that is why I have so many rares and extra stuff.

Again, I apologize for coming off like a $$$ hungry gouger. I have lowered the price... it was never my intention to cheat anyone. That's why I listened and reacted.

geise

Quote from: iretrogamer on 07/13/2016, 08:32 AM
Quote from: guest on 07/12/2016, 10:57 PM
Thank you Sparky for adding those extra labels. I asked if you would do it for free for publicity as the YT channel has over 7,000 subscribers and I thought that was reasonable. That happens all the time in business. You gracefully declined and I still bought from you because it was a great product.

I'm sorry that I've rubbed you all the wrong way. I made a bad judgment call listing this extremely high and then I changed it when I realized I was out of line.

I really want to ask forgiveness from this community because I love Turbo games and the retrogaming community at large. I've been collecting since I was a kid, with my father who is now passed away. I feel like it's in my blood and a part of me.

There's a lot of dog piling going on right now and if you're all willing, I think you'll realize I'm a pretty nice guy.

I've been in the community for YEARS. Back in 2001 I was the webmaster at SegaMasterSystem.com, I was only 15 years old, but I helped build a community of Master System fans.

My Dad and I shopped from Turbo Zone Direct all the time back in the 90s and that is why I have so many rares and extra stuff.

Again, I apologize for coming off like a $$$ hungry gouger. I have lowered the price... it was never my intention to cheat anyone. That's why I listened and reacted.
No worries.

NecroPhile

"I'm youtube famous!  Gimme free shit!!!"

Did your dad die of shame and regret?

iretrogamer

Quote from: guest on 07/13/2016, 10:04 AM"I'm youtube famous!  Gimme free shit!!!"

Did your dad die of shame and regret?
Cancer.

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 07/13/2016, 10:04 AMDid your dad die of shame and regret?
I don't care if iretrogamer brought it up his dad or if this guy is the bane of this boards existence (which I doubt), that is pretty low to say NecroPhile. As a moderator you should hold yourself to a somewhat higher standard

Gypsy

NecroPhile

Quote from: Nulltard on 07/13/2016, 11:21 AM
Quote from: guest on 07/13/2016, 10:18 AMI don't care if iretrogamer brought it up his dad or if this guy is the bane of this boards existence (which I doubt), that is pretty low to say NecroPhile. As a moderator you should hold yourself to a somewhat higher standard
Agreed. That is pretty fucked up...
Cry to someone that cares.  Mods have the same rules to follow as everyone else, and last I checked "always be nice" wasn't in my job description.

Sadler

Quote from: guest on 07/13/2016, 11:43 AM
Quote from: guest on 07/13/2016, 11:21 AM
Quote from: guest on 07/13/2016, 10:18 AMI don't care if iretrogamer brought it up his dad or if this guy is the bane of this boards existence (which I doubt), that is pretty low to say NecroPhile. As a moderator you should hold yourself to a somewhat higher standard
Agreed. That is pretty fucked up...
Cry to someone that cares.  Mods have the same rules to follow as everyone else, and last I checked "always be nice" wasn't in my job description.
You may not care, but I agree mocking someone losing a family member is pretty low.