RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Your top 3 Favourite Video Game Characters of all time????

Started by Otaking, 08/14/2016, 01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otaking

What are your top 3 favourite video game characters of all time?

Hard one this, gonna think about my answer then post it, Landis (Randī) from Winds of Thunder will be one of them for sure.

Thread inspired by the below new Happy Console Gamer video.
He mentions he bought his first Tengai Makyō game back in the day at a con in England from the girl who wrote the Role Call fanzine. That's Rachel Ryan who posted here as pcenginesales (Link), and did the Ys IV translation for NightWolve.

pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=11723.msg280413#msg280413
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

PukeSter

Bonk
Wario
Ryu

Strider Hiryu, earthworm Jim and Kunio are up there

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Ratix

Blue lander from most of Compile's games

Link

Ramza Beoulve
IMG

esteban

ALL TIME:
Abobo
Birdo
The cat from City Connection

Are we talking PROTAGONISTS only?
Karnov (NES)
Magician Lord (NeonGeon)
Rygar (NES)

Are we talking TG-16 protagonists?
Adol (specifically, when he transforms into a monster...sorry, SPOILERS!)
Sphere of Kosmos (Timeball)
Rick (Splatterhouse)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

Ghaleon
Goro Majima (can hardly wait to play as him)
Mail (Popful Mail)

This was pretty tricky, lots of other characters I like. This was in order, with Ghaleon being #1.

Otaking

Quote from: esteban on 08/14/2016, 04:59 PMALL TIME:
Abobo
Birdo
The cat from City Connection

Are we talking PROTAGONISTS only?
Karnov (NES)
Magician Lord (NeonGeon)
Rygar (NES)

Are we talking TG-16 protagonists?
Adol (specifically, when he transforms into a monster...sorry, SPOILERS!)
Sphere of Kosmos (Timeball)
Rick (Splatterhouse)
The thread idea was spur of the moment after watching the Happy Console Gamer video.
But I guess the original question is asking your top 3 of all time, any character not just protagonists, any genre, any platform.
After that anyone feel free to add their own specific lists, like top 3 TG-16 protagonists as Este has done.

Forgot to say probably best to add which game or series the character is from in brackets next to each name.

Still thinking on my picks, this is the hardest to pick "top" list I've done.
Bazzy is a contender

IMG
https://www.giantbomb.com/bazaru-de-gozaru-no-game-de-gozaru/3030-37935/
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

wildfruit

I would say
Dogi
Samus
The guy on sim farm who hands out cool tips.

IMG

jlued686

gheebee

NecroPhile

Adol
Bonk
Lum

And Lummy could be switched out for Princess Misa, Bazzy, Zonk, or BE (the robot in Dungeon Explorer 2) at any time.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

Antagonists:

Dark Fact
Maou Garp
Dark Falz/Force

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/15/2016, 11:13 AMAdol
Bonk
Lum

And Lummy could be switched out for Princess Misa, Bazzy, Zonk, or BE (the robot in Dungeon Explorer 2) at any time.
BE is my favorite Dungeon Explorer character. Would love a sequel staring it.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

majors

Simon Belmont(or any Belmont with a whip)
R-type ship(R9 I believe)
Bayonetta
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

csgx1

geise

IMG
Adol (obviously)

IMG
Koitsu

IMG
Clayman

Groover

IMG

poponon

1. Whirlo / サンドラ / Sandora / Xandra     from Valkyrie series
2. Chelnov
3. Gekisha Boy

Runners up: Popful mail, Karnov,

was mostly thinking of older games for these

Otaking

Quote from: poponon on 08/16/2016, 12:38 PM1. Whirlo / サンドラ / Sandora / Xandra     from Valkyrie series
Awsome choice! I was considering him as one of my choices.

seieienbu

For heroes I'd pick Edmund Honda, Adol Christin, and Cecil Harvey.

For villains?  Geese Howard, Kefka, and Dr. Wily.

I guess honorable mention goes to Delita as I wouldn't consider him exactly a hero Or a villain but I do really like the character.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

geise

Very close on my list would be Arthur from Daimakaimura.

Galder

With no particular order:

Garrett ("Thief" series)
Ax Battler ("Golden Axe" series etc.)
Guybrush Threepwood ("Monkey Island" series)

blueraven

Lykos from Xanadu 1&2
Amon from Albert Odyssey Gaiden
The Street Samurai from Shadowrun

Also countless others that I cant think of

TheClash603

esadajr

Gaming since 1985