The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Gene Wilder dead at 83

Started by TR0N, 08/30/2016, 12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Man RIP to another comedy legend.This has been a rough summer beside being a terrible year  ](*,)
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/gene-wilder-dead-dies-willie-wonka-young-frankenstein-1201846745/
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

I know. I hate to do the whole "let's go watch Young Frankenstein" thing because he literally just died, but I want my daughter to watch something with him in it (besides Charlie & the Chocolate Factory).

Also, this is the 200th anniversary of Mary Shelly writing Frankenstein.

So, RIP Mr. Wilder.

Aside: Mel Brooks + Wilder = unique combo that really was great, IMHO.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Bummer, he was a great performer.  He died from Alzheimers, though, so perhaps death was a bit of a blessing.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Warbucks

Great actor, will be missed.

crazydean

My favorite was Blazing Saddles

Otaking

True legend. RIP.

When I was around 9-11 years old Stir Crazy was my all time favourite film.
When he was alongside Richard Pryor it was pure comic genius.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

blueraven

I always appreciated him in "Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex... But Were Afraid to ask". (Although I think Woody Allen is a terrible director, and a worse musician). The scene with him drinking Woolite is forever etched into my mind.

..And of course, Blazing Saddles, and everything with Richard Pryor. 

RIP Gene, You will be missed.

seieienbu

Quote from: Otaking on 08/30/2016, 04:35 PMWhen he was alongside Richard Pryor it was pure comic genius.
I grew up watching his movies.  Aside from the obvious Willie Wonka, my favorite film he was in was Silver Streak.  Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder had a chemistry together that was never matched.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

LostFlunky

One of my all time favourite cinema moments:

"SEDAGIVE?!?!"

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: esteban on 08/30/2016, 09:05 AMI know. I hate to do the whole "let's go watch Young Frankenstein" thing because he literally just died, but I want my daughter to watch something with him in it (besides Charlie & the Chocolate Factory).

Also, this is the 200th anniversary of Mary Shelly writing Frankenstein.

So, RIP Mr. Wilder.

Aside: Mel Brooks + Wilder = unique combo that really was great, IMHO.
Don't forget the Producers. :) The original one rocked and rolled all day long.

johnnykonami

Good journey Gene, and thanks for that spectacularly insane performance in Charlie in the Chocolate factory.

crazydean

Quote from: esteban on 08/30/2016, 09:05 AMI know. I hate to do the whole "let's go watch Young Frankenstein" thing because he literally just died, but I want my daughter to watch something with him in it (besides Charlie & the Chocolate Factory).
Quote from: johnnykonami on 08/30/2016, 10:52 PMGood journey Gene, and thanks for that spectacularly insane performance in Charlie in the Chocolate factory.
Gene Wilder was in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was the 2005 remake with Johnny Depp.

esteban

Digi.k

I'm going to have to have a laugh and raise a glass at some point during re-watching some Stir Crazy and Silver Streak movie time.

esteban

Yeah, as folks have said, GENE + PRYOR = :)

I think I still have Stir Crazy on VHS somewhere (I have been purging 99% of my VHS tapes).

jtucci31

Yeah the Gene + Pryor duo was excellent. I remember staying up late with my dad and catching Silver Streak on TV. I need to rewatch  that in his honor :(

Also, he had that short stint on Will and Grace which was pretty funny too.

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 08/31/2016, 10:05 AMYeah, as folks have said, GENE + PRYOR = :)

I think I still have Stir Crazy on VHS somewhere (I have been purging 99% of my VHS tapes).
They were the prefect comedy duo  :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec