RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine

Started by sirhcman, 09/19/2016, 09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Psycho Punch

Quote from: esteban on 04/14/2018, 01:56 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 04/14/2018, 12:13 AM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 04/13/2018, 10:27 AM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 04/13/2018, 09:42 AMI'm so happy I could play Windows 95 startup on an accordion!
Is that Ron Jeremy?
Nope, just his father's brother' nephew's cousin former roommate which has absolutely no relation what so ever.
That dude is awesome. It's a nicely executed video, IMHO.

:)
You better learn an instrument for the next leturbodoodle, comrade. Competition's getting fierce!
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

jlued686

Got mine today! Thanks to everybody involved!

EDIT: Just gave it a quick play. Fuck those bees!

SoulflySolid

Got mine yesterday. Played the first two levels so far, feels good man. Music is really good too.

FX-Unit-Yuki.webp

TheClash603

Jester82

Anyone who has received the game did you ever receive tracking or a shipment notice? Just curious

hoobs88

It's been so long since I pre-ordered so I forgot...is the soundtrack included or do we have to pay extra for it? If so, can I order the soundtrack and pay the difference?

esteban

Quote from: hoobs88 on 04/18/2018, 05:14 PMIt's been so long since I pre-ordered so I forgot...is the soundtrack included or do we have to pay extra for it? If so, can I order the soundtrack and pay the difference?
I paid extra for DAT MUZIK because it was more appealing to get a slightly higher tier...but it was in the mid-low tier... I didn't choose the top tier (maybe I should have? But I didn't want all the stuff...)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Jester82 on 04/18/2018, 05:03 PMAnyone who has received the game did you ever receive tracking or a shipment notice? Just curious
I too, am curious about a shipping notice or tracking.
IMG

schnuth

I can't wait to have some Yuki chan in my life.

schweaty

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 04/19/2018, 02:07 AM
Quote from: Jester82 on 04/18/2018, 05:03 PMAnyone who has received the game did you ever receive tracking or a shipment notice? Just curious
I too, am curious about a shipping notice or tracking.
i got an email from paypal that mine had been shipped.  it will be here on monday.  squeeeeeee!!! :yuki: :catastrophy:

GoldenWheels

I didn't get a shipping notice that I can find but it showed up Friday afternoon.

And these muther&^%$*&^ bees are pissing me off!!!!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 04/22/2018, 10:55 AMI didn't get a shipping notice that I can find but it showed up Friday afternoon.

Did you Kickstart it, or did you just purchase it after the Kickstarter?  I Kickstarted it, that might be the difference.  Those who just buy using Pay Pal might get a shipping notice perhaps?
IMG

NecroPhile

I got mine Saturday.  I've not gotten very far (because I suck), but what I've seen so far looks quite nice and mostly polished.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TheClash603

Received mine today, along with my Yuku Game Testing Program badge that I assume grants me access to Sarumaru's home.  Excited to play this week!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/23/2018, 05:28 PMalong with my Yuku Game Testing Program badge that I assume grants me access to Sarumaru's home.
And access to much, MUCH MOAR!
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:

esteban

I don't think I got mine today (I brought my twins to the park without checking to see if anything special arrived)....

...but I was able to get to the Bonk Boss Homage (driggon' aweskme).... but I died when my "hack mindlessly instead of jumping and using charge shot" strategy failed.

Tony told me to stop being a button masher, but I was like "Ha! I think ONE MORE HIT will finish the boss!"

Pics inducing stoopid instashite/Bookface....

https://instagram.com/p/Bh5rdBCgpke/

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

esteban

gheebee

Got mine on Saturday but haven't been able to play it much because of the backlog of games and movies I have currently. I did play it for a bit though, managed to get up to the end of the Castlevania level and really enjoyed what I played so far. Glad to finally see this out, it seems to have turned out very well and was worth the wait; congratulations to the team!

esteban

I did get my shipping notice, but game is not in my hands yet.

:)

hoobs88

jlued686

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

Jester82

Still no shipping notice. Gonna check the mail when I get home in a couple of hours. Getting nervous like they forgot mine  :lol:

ColinM

Didn't even know this was a thing or I would have preordered sooner...granted I just got my Duo a couple weeks ago haha.

Preordered a copy just now and looking forward to getting it.

exodus

Have all the backed copies shipped? Just wondering, since mine hasn't arrived yet!! Want to make sure I'm not missing something here

GoldenWheels

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 04/22/2018, 07:44 PM
Quote from: GoldenWheels on 04/22/2018, 10:55 AMI didn't get a shipping notice that I can find but it showed up Friday afternoon.

Did you Kickstart it, or did you just purchase it after the Kickstarter?  I Kickstarted it, that might be the difference.  Those who just buy using Pay Pal might get a shipping notice perhaps?
Kickstarted, for sure.

exodus

nevermind, all I had to do was complain and it arrived immediately :P

Sarumaru, I'm sure you've heard this already, but you know you copy/pasted the same text into the charge shot and power slide descriptions? something to fix for v2 :P

(btw I love that there's a super CD error message)

haightc

I missed the kickstarted but ordered pretty much when first offered to pre-order.   So I think that was little over a year ago now.   Looking forward to playing the game but I image there are still some folks ahead of me!

Bardoly

My copy arrived yesterday, and I was able to play it today.  Fun game!

escarioth

i decided to go along... im buying one right now
looks very nice !

you can thank that big banner when you log in pcengine-fx.com
i didnt knew about the game :)
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

ColinM

I ordered mine last week, and it shipped today!

NightWolve

Quote from: escarioth on 04/30/2018, 03:46 PMi decided to go along... im buying one right now
looks very nice !

you can thank that big banner when you log in pcengine-fx.com
i didnt knew about the game :)
Good, good, they need all the help they can get!

escarioth

ill share it around, ill try to get interest from other collector i know :)

3000bc

What an awesome game. To get a brand new sidescrolling platformer for the Duo in 2018 is unbelievable -- almost literally a dream come true! And I'll file it right next to Valis 3 and Legendary Axe -- the best Turbo games of all time in my humble opinion.

Mishran

Just received my copy yesterday. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but looking forward to it. You guys never cease to amaze. Congrats on another amazing release!

NightWolve

Happy Console Gamer/Johnny Millennium did an "unboxing video" basically of his Yuki Treasure Box LE today! :yuki:

Starts right about here:
I thought it was a marketing/press kit gift to him by Team Saru, but I learned he actually backed the project on Kickstarter too, so he put enough money into it for the LE, good on him! Didn't know, was surprised.

Joe Redifer

I also backed the Kickstarter/Indiegogo/whatever it was. But I didn't get the LE because I generally don't like LEs. Who has room for a bunch of LE stuff?

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/07/2018, 10:31 PMI also backed the Kickstarter/Indiegogo/whatever it was. But I didn't get the LE because I generally don't like LEs. Who has room for a bunch of LE stuff?
I used to get LE's, but, yeah, seriously, I try to avoid them now.  Between cost & lack of space.....just, yeah.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 05/08/2018, 04:04 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/07/2018, 10:31 PMI also backed the Kickstarter/Indiegogo/whatever it was. But I didn't get the LE because I generally don't like LEs. Who has room for a bunch of LE stuff?
I used to get LE's, but, yeah, seriously, I try to avoid them now.  Between cost & lack of space.....just, yeah.
I completely agree with both of you, but I must admit I make one exception to the rule: agents of FEKA must always be hunted down. Always.

There is only one way to do that, of course.

https://instagram.com/p/Bic_JaJAUCG/
IMG

Psycho Punch

NightWolve

Saru released a Japanese trailer/promo/demo a few days ago, noticed it from the team's Twitter accounts.

Interestin' idea to try to market/sell it in Japan, but I'm not sure about it. While I have my doubts, I respect their efforts to try to sell it in the land where the PC Engine rose on up from!

Remains to be seen how many copies they can sell and if it actually justifies the work OldRover did to localize a Japanese build plus the cost of another print run...

escarioth

wow great works :)

i played the game yesterday and it feels great !
had lot of fun !

Wish there would be a bit more sound effects.
despite that, i'm proud owning such a great game :D

NightWolve

Quote from: escarioth on 05/17/2018, 03:46 PMwow great works :)

i played the game yesterday and it feels great !
had lot of fun !

Wish there would be a bit more sound effects.
despite that, i'm proud owning such a great game :D
IMG

Cool! So I have this on my backlog for the year. :) Yuki is about a 2-3 day game to beat over the weekend it appears and you should cover the hardest difficulty to fully complete it.

touko

Congrats, a really well coded game .  :wink:
All in C (I have some doubts,but) ??

NightWolve

Yeah, I'd wager the code is 9X% in "C" as OldRover knew in advance the game would have to be ported to Windows PC and to Sega consoles given the Kickstarter goals were met, so any PCE ASM speedup function planning/usage would be limited if at all. Code portability was very important here.

The Sega ports have been outsourced to another team, last I heard, and Rover decided to handle the Windows PC port himself despite the team originally thinking that should be outsourced also.

esadajr

Just played this a couple days ago. Wow, just wow, great job Rover, Saru and the rest of the team!
Gaming since 1985

NightWolve

Hm, I think this guy got won over by :yuki: head over heels, what do you think ? Summer love is in the air. ;)
/IMG_20180813_121630.jpg

NightWolve

/FX-Unit-Yuki75-Copies-Left.jpg

The 1000 print run of "FX-Unit Yuki" is almost sold out, down to the last 75 copies!

Orders taken here: fxunityuki.com/2018/04/12/order-the-game-here/

Don't miss out! ;)