RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

has anybody ever built a scarecrow?

Started by bob, 10/03/2016, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

i am about to embark on one.  any tips?
i am horrible with "off the cuff" crafts.

BlueBMW

Cant say that I have... and I dont think I've ever been asked that question before.

Interesting... should be fun.  Maybe watch Wizard of Oz for some pro-tips?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

Yes. Stuff two large paper leaf bags with sugar (granulated works best, but you'll need ~80-120 lbs). Dress stacked bags in a pair of old pajamas. Tie hockey mask on bag for "face" and complete the look with a collectible Cosmos cap.

Lightly mist your scarecrow with water to create an even spookier appearance.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

Pretty self explanatory, really. Fill some old clothes with leaves, maybe use some bag for a head. Shove a pole up its a**. There ya go. You're welcome. <3
IMG

blueraven

Quote from: gynt on 10/03/2016, 05:25 PMi am about to embark on one.  any tips?
i am horrible with "off the cuff" crafts.
Yes.

Coffee bean sack stuffed with hay for torso, 3' bamboo arms (a dismantled old circular chair that everyone fell off of) bundled with twine, a $3 jacket from goodwill, a hat, an old mop for the head and to keep it upright, an old pair of jeans stuffed with hay, and some old, leaky galoshes.

Your scarecrow is not working.

I just wanted to say galoshes.

xcrement5x

I've seen many a straw man.

As a kid I would make scary people for Halloween out of Pipeworks and old clothes.  Then stick newpapers or whatever junk inside to make them have volume.  Put a cheap mask over the head part and you're set, sometime wire up a basic LED circuit for "evil eyes" that stare in the night. 

Of course, I'd also put decapitated mannequin heads in my yard and cover them with fake blood so my childhood experiences may be different from others. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

o.pwuaioc

Do you want to build a straw man?
Forget it, go in and play.
Halloween is such a bore
So go inside and shut the door
Your hearts bids you to OBEY.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/04/2016, 07:04 PMDo you want to build a straw man?
Forget it, go in and play.
Halloween is such a bore
So go inside and shut the door
Your hearts bids you to OBEY.
I built a straw man
When Tats claimed PCE was 16-bit
I followed the formula
used by GamePro hacks
I said, "PCE has fake parallax"
I built a straw man
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NightWolve