@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Lottery: CD Stupid Card (RESULTS!)

Started by DeshDildo, 10/19/2016, 09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeshDildo

Here is the backstory.  A little while before CCAG in Cleveland this year The Old Man contacted me about doing some testing on U.S. hardware for these CD system cards he has been working on.  He had shown me an early prototype the year before.  I definitely wanted to check them out and agreed.  He gave me a card at CCAG.  I took it home and was unable to get it to boot properly so he sent me a second card in the mail.  After further testing I found out it was my hardware that was wonky and that both cards actually work as they are supposed to.  When I asked The Old Man for his info on returning them after testing he told me to keep them, sell them on ebay for Magical Chase type cash or whatever I wanted to do with them.  Since he GAVE them to me at no cost there was no way I could do that.  So here is the Turbo Community's chance to own an ultra rare piece of dev hardware (I don't know if there are any out there other than the ones the Old Man is using so we're talking OMG ULTRA RAREZ status).  The card is basically just a proof of concept and works as a U.S. region Super CD 3.0 card. 

Since The Old Man is one of the gems of the community that is constantly working on new hardware and software for our beloved systems I wanted to do something with the card to at least give him some funding (no matter how big or small) for work on future projects.  I decided the best way to do this would be to have a lottery for one of these custom made system cards.

Here's how the lottery will work.  You can all buy tickets, tickets will be $1 a piece and you can buy as many tickets as you like.  If you would like to purchase tickets please respond to this thread with the number of tickets you want to purchase.  I am going to leave this lottery up for 2 weeks.  Once the 2 weeks is up I will PM everyone with their total to paypal the funds for their tickets.  I am literally going to pull names from a hat.  I'll print all the tickets out, video myself pulling a lucky winner and post the video here.  I will also ship anywhere in the world at no cost.  Whatever proceeds this "lottery" pulls in I will personally match and it will all be donated to The Old Man for future dev work. 

IMG

IMG

Ticket Holders
NecroPhile - 20
esteban - 20
henrycsc - 20
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

SignOfZeta

I would assume this goes against forum rules but it's really cool.
IMG

DeshDildo

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/19/2016, 09:20 PMI would assume this goes against forum rules but it's really cool.
Gosh I didn't think about it.  I am hopeful sir NecroPhile can chime in.  If so I will need to think of something else.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

NecroPhile

I don't see anything in the rules prohibiting paid raffle entries.  The closest would be "Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.", with only advertisements and solicitations being pertinent, but isn't every thread in the buy/sell/trade areas an advertisement or a solicitation?

Anyways, put me down for 20.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

HuMan

Good thing this isn't neo-geo . com or nintendoage.

I don't know what this is about, but good luck with the raffle.

xcrement5x

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/19/2016, 09:20 PMI would assume this goes against forum rules but it's really cool.
I think if it was someone doing this with a regular game and keeping the profits then they'd get crucified, or no one would enter.  But since this seems to have a more honorable purpose then I think it's a cool idea. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

Well, I need a damn Super System Card for my TG-CD.

Plus, awesome provenance.

$20
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: HuMan on 10/20/2016, 02:01 PMGood thing this isn't neo-geo . com or nintendoage.

I don't know what this is about, but good luck with the raffle.
So neo-geo . com has been posting about a new flashcart, and a UI made by the creator of the unibios. There are about 8-9 pages of content for each thing, and no issues or drama. I think its safe to say that Nintendoage is the only shit tier place now.

Anyway, this is pretty cool stuff

OldMan

I suppose I should comment on this....

QuoteHere is the backstory.  A little while before CCAG in Cleveland this year....
Yes, that's all true. In fact, I had a card at ccag to demo with, but after much fussing
I found out it was broke. One of the solder joints popped.
Long story short: I actually had 5 prototypes with me; the other 4 tested good after
I got back around to playing with it. Desh was the only one interested.

QuoteI decided the best way to do this would be to have a lottery for one of these custom made system cards.
No problems there. A gift, freely given. Though I don't want the money. Donate it to
bonknauts to pay for school. Or one of the other long-time devs, as a thank you. I was
just happy someone wanted it enough to test it :)
[see other threads on the forum, if you want to know why/more about it]

QuoteI don't know what this is about, but good luck with the raffle.
Read the threads about the cd-stupid card(s) for full details. Basically it's a cheap 512K Rom /512K Ram
card compatible with the system card 3.0. The devs were complaining they needed more space; I
thought it would be a good idea to give it to them. I also though we might use the other 256 K in the
boot rom to add some useful custom 'extensions'. Nobody seems interested, though.

And for you translators; part of the original idea was to add some rom routines (like a vwf routine)
so any translations wouldn't be playable without something like this. As long as tobias wasn't
ordering 500+ everdrives, he couldn't profit off the translators works. But if the translators wanted
to get their translations pressed, the card would be a cheap way to play it. Sorta like the hawaii
girls discs / card, but for real games. With the bonus of backwards compatibility.
The biggest problem right now is that I screwed up the board. The pads for the multiplexor chip
are too close together, and really need lengthened to make it easier to solder. It's just too much of
a pain the way it is to make more.
Also, the board was designed so that jumpering different spots would allow for a ROM/ROM
combination, using 512K  Roms. We might yet see a limited run of a 1M byte game :)
(Dependng on what arkhan/paul want to do next)

And Esteban: if you don't win, we'll talk. I still have a few made that can be re-programmed with
bios.

esteban

Quote from: TheOldMan on 10/21/2016, 12:35 AMAnd Esteban: if you don't win, we'll talk. I still have a few made that can be re-programmed with
bios.
Absolutely, thank you!

henrycsc

Hey Desh,  I'd be interested in 20 tickets as well.

As usual TheOldMan.... something great.  1Mb game?  Faint.  Where do I sign up?
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

DeshDildo

Quote from: henrycsc on 10/30/2016, 02:33 PMHey Desh,  I'd be interested in 20 tickets as well.

As usual TheOldMan.... something great.  1Mb game?  Faint.  Where do I sign up?
Thank you for joining in on the fun and making it a little more interesting.  Looks like we'll be going to a 3-way battle unless we get some last minute takers.

OldMan

Last call for the night crew.
Get your raffle tickets before this closes :)

Henrycsc:
Quote1Mb game?  Faint.  Where do I sign up? 
It's at least 2 years away. I still have to figure out how to burn the two roms.
Arkhan wants to do another shooter, and paul would need to do a -lot- of artwork.
I'll let you know, cause we will need testers :)
<Yes, I remember you tested pp. Moves you up on our list>

henrycsc

testing PP was awesome!

... and I can't let esteban have all the fun
Wanted:

OldMan

QuotePayPal sent for 100,000 entries.
Quote... and I can't let esteban have all the fun
I thought it was a 4-way contest? :)

Nulltard - 100,000
Necromancer - 20
esteban - 20
henrycsc - 20

DeshDildo

IMG
Winner please PM me your shipping info so I can send you your prize.

NecroPhile

Woot!  The hatris was good to me!

blueraven

Congratulation to the winnar!! (And to Desh and you all for funding the TheOldMan's projects) :twisted:

xcrement5x

Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

henrycsc

yeah congrats NecroPhile!  Now you can play Browning all day long!
Wanted:

NecroPhile

Card received and promptly tea bagged.  Thanks, Desh!

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!