@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Magical Chase how often does it come up for sale on this forum?

Started by Alt-Nintega, 10/25/2016, 03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alt-Nintega

I'm looking for a copy of Magical Chase and a few other turbo games, how often does MC come up for sale here? and when it does is it for same price as ebay?

tbone3969

Oh you came to the right place.  Let me double check but I think I have three or four copies just laying around.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Medic_wheat

To be honest I don't know if the NA game has ever come up for sale on this forum in the three or so years I have been here.

Now if we are talking PCE. A hand full.

NecroPhile

It's offered up for sale twice a week or so, usually selling for a six pack of coors and a bag of cheetos.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/25/2016, 03:09 PMI'm looking for a copy of Magical Chase and a few other turbo games, how often does MC come up for sale here? and when it does is it for same price as ebay?
It hasn't in the 5 years I have been on these forums. PC Engine version that's a different story. You could have searched for it too you know....

ClodBusted

There's some magical cheese under my right foot. Want a slice?

grolt

It comes up fairly often, but most sellers here only want to sell to people with a low post count.
I'm a notorious strange man.

JoshTurboTrollX

I have one that's just eating a hole through my shelf made out of loose Magical Chase Hueys...

You interested?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

xcrement5x

A couple years before I actually joined the forums I believe Aaron sold his sealed copy of Magical Chase on ebay, I think it went for about $2000.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bob

i recall at least one (maybe two?) where a somewhat private sale happened.  somebody was asking for it and a deal was negotiated via PMs so i dont think we ever got the details of the sale.  it sounded legit, but who knows.
it was a couple years ago.

chany60126

There is a waiting list you can join so you can increase your chances of getting the game..
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9653.0

wildfruit

I have one, unboxed. £1500.
Also the HuCard and manual are probably missing too.

tbone3969

Quote from: wildfruit on 10/25/2016, 07:13 PMI have one, unboxed. £1500.
Tha's a great deal.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Flare65

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/25/2016, 03:09 PMI'm looking for a copy of Magical Chase and a few other turbo games, how often does MC come up for sale here? and when it does is it for same price as ebay?
In short, it doesn't. 

With only three posts here to your name and asking for the most sought after game for this system, you're only asking to get ridiculed by the more established members of the community here.

Exactly how much are you willing to spend on a copy?  The last known sale of this game to my knowledge was the one that sold on ebay for $4,700.  I'm not aware of any sales of the game on here for as long I have been around....four years now??

You are aware that only about 500 copies of Magical Chase made it out to the retail stores like Electronics Boutique, Toys R Us, etc... right???  Copies with the box an manual are very rare.  Even the Japanese copies of the game are few and far between and seem to sell for over the $300.00 mark.

If you just want to play the game, try getting an Everdrive or one of the repro copies out there.

sirhcman

Alt-Nintega

I'm not even gonna read what everyone else replied yet. On this forum you are required to have at least 500 posts before you can ask to buy Magical Chase.

jperryss

sirhcman

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/25/2016, 09:05 PM
I'm not even gonna read what everyone else replied yet. On this forum you are required to have at least 500 posts before you can ask to buy Magical Chase.
The correct answer is Magical Chase isn't worth what it goes for and there are many cheaper alternatives to playing it if you truly wanted to just enjoy the game.

No post count needed.

seieienbu

...but how much is shipping?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

wildfruit

Quote from: seieienbu on 10/26/2016, 05:27 AM
Free to EU
£99 to USA & CAN
Pick up only to Zimbabwe

geise

seieienbu

Quote from: wildfruit on 10/26/2016, 05:28 AM
Quote from: seieienbu on 10/26/2016, 05:27 AM
Free to EU
£99 to USA & CAN
Pick up only to Zimbabwe
That was a damn good price for unboxed copy that's maybe missing the hu card and manual.  I was looking forward to getting my reg card and plastic tray but then LIKE ALL ASSHOLE RESELLERS you decided to make money off of the shipping. 

Jerks like you are ruining this hobby.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Flare65 on 10/25/2016, 08:18 PMYou are aware that only about 500 copies of Magical Chase made it out to the retail stores like Electronics Boutique, Toys R Us, etc... right???  Copies with the box an manual are very rare.  Even the Japanese copies of the game are few and far between and seem to sell for over the $300.00 mark.
Japanese copies are not really that rare, they've just gone through crazy inflation in the last couple of years since everyone wants SOME sort of Magical Chase even if it's not the US one.  They even did two printings of the game in Japan.  It was never really like a bargain bin game, but even a couple of years ago you could score the JP version for like $100 or so.

The same thing has happened with Lickle for the Famicom.  Little Samson is a crazy expensive grail so people go for the next best thing and buy Lickle, and look at the prices on it now :|
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 10/26/2016, 02:18 PM
Quote from: Flare65 on 10/25/2016, 08:18 PMYou are aware that only about 500 copies of Magical Chase made it out to the retail stores like Electronics Boutique, Toys R Us, etc... right???  Copies with the box an manual are very rare.  Even the Japanese copies of the game are few and far between and seem to sell for over the $300.00 mark.
Japanese copies are not really that rare, they've just gone through crazy inflation in the last couple of years since everyone wants SOME sort of Magical Chase even if it's not the US one.  They even did two printings of the game in Japan.  It was never really like a bargain bin game, but even a couple of years ago you could score the JP version for like $100 or so.

The same thing has happened with Lickle for the Famicom.  Little Samson is a crazy expensive grail so people go for the next best thing and buy Lickle, and look at the prices on it now :|
Price gouging on Lickle? That's quite a pickle. Someone should stop this, like the grim reaper and his sickle. And they should do so, soon like real quickle. Though some people might not like it, as they're a little too fickle.
--DragonmasterDan

seieienbu

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/26/2016, 03:04 PMPrice gouging on Lickle? That's quite a pickle. Someone should stop this, like the grim reaper and his sickle. And they should do so, soon like real quickle. Though some people might not like it, as they're a little too fickle.
If it's too pricey you can always just get a copy of Kickle Cubicle.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: seieienbu on 10/26/2016, 03:22 PMIf it's too pricey you can always just get a copy of Kickle Cubicle.
But that might cost quite a few nickles.
--DragonmasterDan

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/26/2016, 03:04 PM

Price gouging on Lickle? That's quite a pickle. Someone should stop this, like the grim reaper and his sickle. And they should do so, soon like real quickle. Though some people might not like it, as they're a little too fickle.
You forgot the Piccolo pun.
IMG

esteban

Travis tossed a boxed Magical Chase into the recycling bin. His coworkers were stunned. Travis was pissed off. "Are you looking at me?!" yelled Mr. Bickle.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

And yet I love how a certain Pat and Ian claimed (they may have changed their mind on their original video that was a year or two old now) the price of NA games for rare high demand games do not affect the import copies. I believe they even went on record that little Samson does not affect the Famicom import copy.

Where during that same year I saw a CIB copy for the Famicom jump from a $45 dollar game to $100 plus.

Gypsy

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/26/2016, 05:28 PM

And yet I love how a certain Pat and Ian claimed (they may have changed their mind on their original video that was a year or two old now) the price of NA games for rare high demand games do not affect the import copies. I believe they even went on record that little Samson does not affect the Famicom import copy.

Where during that same year I saw a CIB copy for the Famicom jump from a $45 dollar game to $100 plus.
They sound.....special......

bob

i'm glad this thread got derailed to something more interesting.

PCE version of cotton has been steadily climbing along with terraforming.  still not outrageous, but both could be had for 50(ish) each not too long ago.  not sure that is the case now.
also, i am surprised CD Denjin hasnt found the stratosphere yet, but probably 'cuz name is so different.  i got that on ebay for less than 50 earlier this year. 

SignOfZeta

I'd just like to mention that the "500 copies" thing went without anyone calling him on it. To my knowledge there is zero reliable data that mentions any figure whatsoever. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/26/2016, 06:55 PMI'd just like to mention that the "500 copies" thing went without anyone calling him on it. To my knowledge there is zero reliable data that mentions any figure whatsoever. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Data reliability is mostly second hand from those involved.

The story went that a few thousand were produced, and the majority wound up being destroyed during TTI's liquidation. What TZD bought, what the Canadian distributor bought and what sold at retail are what are out there. But I don't think any sort of accurate number is known. Just estimates.
--DragonmasterDan

seieienbu

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/26/2016, 07:03 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/26/2016, 06:55 PMI'd just like to mention that the "500 copies" thing went without anyone calling him on it. To my knowledge there is zero reliable data that mentions any figure whatsoever. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Data reliability is mostly second hand from those involved.

The story went that a few thousand were produced, and the majority wound up being destroyed during TTI's liquidation. What TZD bought, what the Canadian distributor bought and what sold at retail are what are out there. But I don't think any sort of accurate number is known. Just estimates.
The most common (bullshit) figure I've seen is 700.  I've also seen 2,000.  Who knows!?  Answer:  nobody knows and anyone who tries to make a guess is purely speculating.

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: chany60126 on 10/25/2016, 06:01 PMThere is a waiting list you can join so you can increase your chances of getting the game..
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9653.0
I sense sarcasm, but actually I think that's a great idea to start a forum waiting list for turbo games.
Lets start a new one?

Alt-Nintega

how many basements, attics, landfills or storages might still have copies of MC out there?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/26/2016, 11:11 PMhow many basements, attics, landfills or storages might still have copies of MC out there?
Two. No! Five. Probabaly. Maybe.

Let's go with six to be safe.

neopolss

Quote from: gynt on 10/26/2016, 06:33 PMi'm glad this thread got derailed to something more interesting.

PCE version of cotton has been steadily climbing along with terraforming.  still not outrageous, but both could be had for 50(ish) each not too long ago.  not sure that is the case now.
also, i am surprised CD Denjin hasnt found the stratosphere yet, but probably 'cuz name is so different.  i got that on ebay for less than 50 earlier this year. 
As long as the collectards have something pretty on their shelf for their neckbeard friends to look at and say "cool!"  Totally worth the entry price.

Gentlegamer

IMG
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

PunkCryborg

There are too many people desperate for this game, you will never see it offered up for sale for an affordable price. The only way you will be able to buy this game is to negotiate with someone offering it up for a crazy price or have a connection with another collector who is getting out of the hobby.

Groover

I really love these boards. Over time the entertainment from new members looking to buy turbo stuff even rare items of course think that this place is like a store with a back room full of rare games that could be for sale if someone asked. I know I started as a lurker for about a year and first post was similar looking for something. I now check visit the place throughout each day enjoying the conversation.
IMG

LostFlunky

I haven't seen it publicly advertised on this forum (aside from the eBay links), but I did sell mine publicly on Atari Age circa 2005...

JoshTurboTrollX

get a reproduction hucard.  It looks pretty on your shelf.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG