10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Magfest 2017 - Is there going to be another Turbo setup this year?

Started by vacantplanets, 12/28/2016, 07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vacantplanets

Magfest 2017 - Is there going to be another sweet Turbo setup this year?

I haven't seen anyone talking about Magfest this year. What's up? Is there anything going on?
I'd rather be playing guitar or listening to a PC Engine CD soundtrack.

Currently playing PC Engine, Saturn, and SNES MSU1.

majors

Quote from: vacantplanets on 12/28/2016, 07:20 PMMagfest 2017 - Is there going to be another sweet Turbo setup this year?

I haven't seen anyone talking about Magfest this year. What's up? Is there anything going on?
YES. Wedoca Retro will be in the Museum area like last year. We'll have 5 turbobs (Core, Shuttle, SGX, Duo and Duo-RX). We'll have Henshin running all wknd, but be swapping out the other titles on the consoles throughout the event. We'll also have 7800, MkIII, Super Cassette, FC, SFC, Mega Drive and AES running. A complete list of the museum area:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6XVC48SOj4KdHBmSjlaY1FjR2labEF0d3JIOWF5TnFIeklJ/view?usp=sharing

I haven't plugged MAGFest here since it seems not many PCFXers head out to it. I always post pictures after the show. You'll have to introduce yourself to Rob behind the tables...he's not big on forums but is an old gamer like me. If you stay around long enough, you'll see me...we are keeping the beer cooler in the museum, so I'll be in and out all weekend. I run part of the arcade area, so I need to be there most of the time.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

majors

Also, we have a shmups "meet" going on at MAGFest: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=58075

I try to gather some cream PCB's and run a schedule of games for those bullet hell freaks.
TG/PCE Collection.

vacantplanets

Awesome. Yeah I found out about the museum after it was over last year. I'm excited to actually see it in person this time. I'll probably try to find the room it's in as soon as I get to the Gaylord. Where is it?

Where are those shooter games going to be? The main arcade?

Arkhan Asylum

Any MSX shit going to be there?    It's always under-represented, lol.

You could demo Atlantean if you want.   I don't know if you have one of the new style cards.  People might be interested.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

majors

Quote from: vacantplanets on 01/02/2017, 04:34 PMAwesome. Yeah I found out about the museum after it was over last year. I'm excited to actually see it in person this time. I'll probably try to find the room it's in as soon as I get to the Gaylord. Where is it?
Museum is gonna be in Chesapeake A-B-C I think. They have a map online but of course they fail to mention the actual room names...

https://guidebook.com/guide/85396/

Quote from: vacantplanets on 01/02/2017, 04:34 PMWhere are those shooter games going to be? The main arcade?
Yep. There is a "candyland" area with over 35 candy cabs. I'll have 5 reserved for STGs all together.
Quote from: guest on 01/03/2017, 04:22 AMAny MSX shit going to be there?    It's always under-represented, lol.

You could demo Atlantean if you want.   I don't know if you have one of the new style cards.  People might be interested.
MSX is next on our list BUT I hear it's not cheap now days. Super says the MSX2+ is the way to go, but cart prices are getting stupid.

I can get up with you about promo-ing Atlantean.
TG/PCE Collection.

johnnykonami

I am considering dropping by just to see if I can purchase a PVM in person, I recall someone else here buying from a vendor either at this or some other con last year.  Does anyone know?  I would attend normally but on Saturday is my SO's office holiday party which is generally the best night for one of these things.  So dropping 80 bucks just to hit up friday or sunday is not super enticing.

Arkhan Asylum

If you want to put atlantean up, i have a promo picture thing, and you probably already own the game and or ROM so that should be easy.   

Too bad msx is so pricey.   
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

majors

Quote from: johnnykonami on 01/03/2017, 04:50 PMI am considering dropping by just to see if I can purchase a PVM in person, I recall someone else here buying from a vendor either at this or some other con last year.  Does anyone know?
Andy "Numbers" came up from Atlanta to MAGFest last year with some PVM's to sell. Last time I talked to him, he was out of decent priced PVMs. He only had some hi-grade $$$ ones, total over kill for my needs.

It's quite expensive to just drop by for a day, I think Sunday is cheaper, only $20, but you run the risk of it selling out.
TG/PCE Collection.

johnnykonami

Quote from: majors on 01/03/2017, 10:08 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 01/03/2017, 04:50 PMI am considering dropping by just to see if I can purchase a PVM in person, I recall someone else here buying from a vendor either at this or some other con last year.  Does anyone know?
Andy "Numbers" came up from Atlanta to MAGFest last year with some PVM's to sell. Last time I talked to him, he was out of decent priced PVMs. He only had some hi-grade $$$ ones, total over kill for my needs.

It's quite expensive to just drop by for a day, I think Sunday is cheaper, only $20, but you run the risk of it selling out.
Thanks, that's the kind of info I was looking for!  Timing is just bad this year, I'll have to keep an eye out for one elsewhere.

vacantplanets

Quote from: majors on 01/03/2017, 11:53 AM
Quote from: vacantplanets on 01/02/2017, 04:34 PMAwesome. Yeah I found out about the museum after it was over last year. I'm excited to actually see it in person this time. I'll probably try to find the room it's in as soon as I get to the Gaylord. Where is it?
Museum is gonna be in Chesapeake A-B-C I think. They have a map online but of course they fail to mention the actual room names...

https://guidebook.com/guide/85396/

Quote from: vacantplanets on 01/02/2017, 04:34 PMWhere are those shooter games going to be? The main arcade?
Yep. There is a "candyland" area with over 35 candy cabs. I'll have 5 reserved for STGs all together.
Quote from: guest on 01/03/2017, 04:22 AMAny MSX shit going to be there?    It's always under-represented, lol.

MSX is next on our list BUT I hear it's not cheap now days. Super says the MSX2+ is the way to go, but cart prices are getting stupid.

I can get up with you about promo-ing Atlantean.
Hey I'm here now, do you know where the room is? Still can't find it, haha. Thanks!

majors

Hope you found the museum, I do not use forums for communication during Cons. We did meet another forum member, forgot(drunk) the handle.
TG/PCE Collection.

vacantplanets

Quote from: majors on 01/06/2017, 11:45 PMHope you found the museum, I do not use forums for communication during Cons. We did meet another forum member, forgot(drunk) the handle.
Yeah I did find it and it was incredible!

Joe Redifer

From everything I heard, MAGfest this year was garbage. Especially for a lot of the guests. They treated Brentalfloss like ass, kicking him out of his spot to show off his game with no explanation at all. Also The Completionist who they flew in to compete in some Megaman bullshit was not listed as a guest so they had no hotel for him and no pass. Also heard that the festivities were quite boring all around even if you weren't a guest.

vacantplanets

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/10/2017, 08:25 PMFrom everything I heard, MAGfest this year was garbage. Especially for a lot of the guests. They treated Brentalfloss like ass, kicking him out of his spot to show off his game with no explanation at all. Also The Completionist who they flew in to compete in some Megaman bullshit was not listed as a guest so they had no hotel for him and no pass. Also heard that the festivities were quite boring all around even if you weren't a guest.
Hmm. I didn't notice anything different though. Would have been cool to see the Completionist. It was probably the Mega Man-athon where they beat every Mega Man game back to back and give to a charity.

The computer museum area was awesome. By the way, does anyone have any pictures of it?

My favorite bands were: Bit Brigade, where they did Castlevania, Batman, and Ducktales., Super Guitar Bros, Knight of the Round, and then everything else at the show on Friday called Mag Underground.

majors

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/10/2017, 08:25 PMFrom everything I heard, MAGfest this year was garbage. blah blah...
Hater...I'll give you any con has issues and you only hear of the bitching b/c ppl that had a good time do not spam social media as much as piss ants. I only goto MAG for arcades and the museum. I've never seen a concert in the decade I've been going...I might have seen one panel is as much time. With that said, can't wait for more Sack attendance! (I only went to Retropalozer for Game Sack).

Quote from: vacantplanets on 01/10/2017, 09:45 PMThe computer museum area was awesome. By the way, does anyone have any pictures of it?
https://goo.gl/photos/NYUzYj5wAtBxoxiX6

IMG
Some of the 8-bit old console stuff

IMG
The row of obey behind the crusty computers.

IMG
Arcade area during some laser 80's shit.
TG/PCE Collection.

Arkhan Asylum

vacantplanets

Nice pictures. Loved seeing the Shuttle, SuperGrafx, CoreGrafx, etc. I think I need one of those Shuttle pads. Were all those RGB scart? What about the Genesis? It was great seeing Bloodlines on that monitor.

Do you know about Bit Brigade? I'd recommend you check them out. Definitely a unique experience with the live speedrunning and the band playing along to what the player does.

Hey so I was talking to this guy who was helping at the museum and I forgot to get his info/Facebook. I was talking to him about calibrating my CRT TV. He had long black hair and said he lives in VA. He was going to calibrate my TV if I couldn't find anyone closer to where I live. Does anyone know who he is?

majors

Quote from: vacantplanets on 01/11/2017, 03:36 PMNice pictures. Loved seeing the Shuttle, SuperGrafx, CoreGrafx, etc. I think I need one of those Shuttle pads. Were all those RGB scart? What about the Genesis?
The RX, Mega Drive, MkIII and SCV where running RGB. The 7800 and SFC was s-vid, rest was composite. Rob forgot the BNC<->SCART connector for his SFC, but it would have been RGB.

Quote from: vacantplanets on 01/11/2017, 03:36 PMHey so I was talking to this guy who was helping at the museum and I forgot to get his info/Facebook. I was talking to him about calibrating my CRT TV. He had long black hair and said he lives in VA. 
that was Shawn...but there are two Shawns. You can email museum@magfest.org if you want to get in touch.
TG/PCE Collection.

vacantplanets

Quote from: majors on 01/12/2017, 12:15 PM
Quote from: vacantplanets on 01/11/2017, 03:36 PMNice pictures. Loved seeing the Shuttle, SuperGrafx, CoreGrafx, etc. I think I need one of those Shuttle pads. Were all those RGB scart? What about the Genesis?
The RX, Mega Drive, MkIII and SCV where running RGB. The 7800 and SFC was s-vid, rest was composite. Rob forgot the BNC<->SCART connector for his SFC, but it would have been RGB.

Quote from: vacantplanets on 01/11/2017, 03:36 PMHey so I was talking to this guy who was helping at the museum and I forgot to get his info/Facebook. I was talking to him about calibrating my CRT TV. He had long black hair and said he lives in VA. 
that was Shawn...but there are two Shawns. You can email museum@magfest.org if you want to get in touch.
Hmm I was thinking his name was Mike for some reason. If it helps, he also said he brought the TV from 1952. Anyway thanks I'll try that e-mail.