OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

MGC 2017 is just around the corner!

Started by Sarumaru, 01/05/2017, 08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarumaru

With that said, there are many last year that had interested in going but either found out too late or didn't discuss it with anyone. I figure now is a good time to start  talking about who's going, where y'all are coming from, make driving, plane, room arrangements etc, etc. So, who's all going this year?

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DeshDildo

I don't know.  You guys were all a bit too scary last year.  I am likely coming but not 100% yet.  If I do I'll be sure to bring ALOT of rum.  I remember someone really loved the stuff last year.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Gredler

I wish I could. Have an extra beer, and play a game of  TV Sports Hockey for me!!

Arkhan Asylum

I'm not going because what dumbshit decided to do a con this close to new years/holiday? lol.

it looks fun though, and I wish it was closer.

and not right after a holiday.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

oops.  For some reason, I read this as MagFest, lol.

But ,MGC is always around my birthday/easter/not in the country because Japan, so, there's that.

bitch fight me.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gredler

If Arkhan is in Japan during mgc maybe we will meet up and have our own cool kid con, so you can take my DoxPhile card and put it on layaway, I'll earn it back over time  ;)

DeshDildo

Quote from: Gredler on 01/06/2017, 12:11 PMIf Arkhan is in Japan during mgc maybe we will meet up and have our own cool kid con, so you can take my DoxPhile card and put it on layaway, I'll earn it back over time  ;)
Is "cool kid con" code for Ultra Homo Sausage Eating and Penetration con?

#getatme
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Gredler on 01/06/2017, 12:11 PMIf Arkhan is in Japan during mgc maybe we will meet up and have our own cool kid con, so you can take my DoxPhile card and put it on layaway, I'll earn it back over time  ;)
Youre going to be in Japan around then, too?

Last year, fuckin sarumaru walked up to me in Tokyo and was like "hayyyy" while I was shoveling a crepe in my face.

that's the second time I just randomly ran into him and other duder (Jesse) in public. 

Gredler

I will be in Japan mid to late may for my honey moon, not sure when MGC is but my trip to Japan will deplete all traveling / entertainment funds for a few months surrounding it (if not the entire year) so it's more of a cost issue than timing. I just found it ironic that I will not be able to attend MGC because I also am going to Japan :D

It will be my first time there; a life long dream of mine to go.

xcrement5x

I am currently in negotiations about going this year.  A 3 year old and what will be a 9 months old may make it a bit hard to pull off, but I'm optimistic. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Gredler on 01/06/2017, 01:31 PMI will be in Japan mid to late may for my honey moon, not sure when MGC is but my trip to Japan will deplete all traveling / entertainment funds for a few months surrounding it (if not the entire year) so it's more of a cost issue than timing. I just found it ironic that I will not be able to attend MGC because I also am going to Japan :D

It will be my first time there; a life long dream of mine to go.
I'm going to crash your honeymoon and show your wife how to properly bang you.

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 01/06/2017, 02:07 PMI'm going to crash your honeymoon and show your wife how to properly bang you.
I implore you to reconsider.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Gredler on 01/06/2017, 02:14 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/06/2017, 02:07 PMI'm going to crash your honeymoon and show your wife how to properly bang you.
Nope.  I'm bringing my alpha sword.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/06/2017, 02:30 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/06/2017, 02:07 PMI'm going to crash your honeymoon and show your wife how to properly bang you.
Time for a devil's three-way!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bartre

Quote from: guest on 01/06/2017, 01:59 PMI am currently in negotiations about going this year.  A 3 year old and what will be a 9 months old may make it a bit hard to pull off, but I'm optimistic. 
as you should.

I'm currently balls deep in school, but I'm 90% likely to come

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 01/06/2017, 02:30 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/06/2017, 02:07 PMI'm going to crash your honeymoon and show your wife how to properly bang you.
The correct response is "ok".

You ought to catch up on your Kung Pow, slacker.

P.S. - I'll be there! I missed last year and nearly didn't survive. There's no turning back now!

bartre

Quote100% likely to come if you show up.

#wordplay
I'll chalk that up to the rum talking :D

Quote from: guest on 01/06/2017, 11:53 PMP.S. - I'll be there! I missed last year and nearly didn't survive. There's no turning back now!
yeah, an MGC with Nully and without Mao to level everyone out was a powderkeg.
I'm surprised there wasn't a turbokon match.

TheClash603

I went last year, probably out for back to back...  unless...

Virtual Cushion challenge, everyone in attendance draws at random another person from the forum.  Penis placed on Virtual Cushion and a timer starts when run is hit on Image Fight 2.  The person who's name you drew has to look deeply into your eyes, while the cushion works it's magic.  Person who can go the longest without achieving erection is the winner (loser?), with a second prize for the loser (winner?) who achieves erect state the quickest.

Now that is what I call a party!  Most of you guys are too old fashioned though.

blueraven

I missed last year by inches due to walking pneumonia...  *cAWf* *CawF*

...And this year I'm graduating 4 weeks after MGC.

SO. Um. maybe?

I'm hoping to Finish Galaxy Thesis Quest Gaiden Densetsu around that time so I feel like If I try and commit anytime before the last minute my brain will power down.

I can contribute 2 Duo's and a tiny Funai monitor in the insane chance that I do make it. I'll keep checking back with this thread :D

Sparky

What's the official date for this? ((Blush ))

blueraven

Dang, I'm already getting jealous.  ](*,) Unfortunately, there is no walkthrough for this RPG.

bartre

Quote from: Nulltard on 01/07/2017, 10:51 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/07/2017, 10:35 PMWhat's the official date for this? ((Blush ))
April 7-9. Be there, sparks! You, majors, and I can finally see who can dispatch the most spirits in this community! :D
I believe I'll leave it to "Coach"

BlueBMW

I still have no idea if I can come or not.  I'd like to try though!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

bartre

QuoteWut ?
2 years ago I pounded a bottle of Elijah Craig "Fine" Irish Whiskey.
it was awful, but I was already reasonably drunk by the time i started in.
Turfy started referring to me as "Coach" during the evening

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/09/2017, 12:14 AMI still have no idea if I can come or not.  I'd like to try though!
I'll make you come. 

Opethian

IMG

blueraven

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/09/2017, 12:14 AMI still have no idea if I can come or not.  I'd like to try though!
Same!

This is the last year when I'll be on the fence about coming to the conference. All of my work conflicts will permanently end in May, and I'm sure that there will be plenty of oBey catchup to do :D

Next year's theme will be PVMPOCALYPSE

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

It literally falls right around my birthday this time. I may actually make it this time around, but I am not sure yet. Financially, shit's starting to stabilize for us, so affording it wouldn't be much of an issue... would just have to decide whether to drive or fly, and what to do with mah kiddo.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: The Old Rover on 01/09/2017, 05:52 PMIt literally falls right around my birthday this time. I may actually make it this time around, but I am not sure yet. Financially, shit's starting to stabilize for us, so affording it wouldn't be much of an issue... would just have to decide whether to drive or fly, and what to do with mah kiddo.
driving there from uhh Vermont(?) would be mental.   lol  screw that

780racer

Ill be there this year, I also look forward to the large amount of drinking that will ensue. I won't be able to bring much with me minus maybe a Duo or TGCD if we absolutely had to have it. Who should be in charge of what all we need.... Jash?

JoshTurboTrollX

Yea dude.  Usually we can fit up to 8 TVs in the room. Not sure what the "museum" needs will be, but I should be able to bring a PCE and at least a Turbografx (Legendary Axe). 

Anyone else want to bring some systems?

780racer

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/11/2017, 12:49 PMYea dude.  Usually we can fit up to 8 TVs in the room. Not sure what the "museum" needs will be, but I should be able to bring a PCE and at least a Turbografx (Legendary Axe). 

I would prefer not to fly with one, for the obvious reasons, but will if we don't have enough.

blueraven

Quote from: 780racer on 01/11/2017, 12:53 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/11/2017, 12:49 PMYea dude.  Usually we can fit up to 8 TVs in the room. Not sure what the "museum" needs will be, but I should be able to bring a PCE and at least a Turbografx (Legendary Axe). 

I would prefer not to fly with one, for the obvious reasons, but will if we don't have enough.
TSA fucked up one of my duos in a checked bag to MGC a few years ago, and I won't fly with a system either anymore. Watching like 2 ppl on the x-ray machine scratching their heads on a 5-player Duo tap in my backpack was also a stand-out memory from that trip. Thankfully, there was a video game collector working that day who recognized it as vintage hardware and waived it by.

majors

I'll be there...room booked, ticket purchased. Josh will let me know of ant support I can offer. I added a Core I to my hoard of obey now...but the Shuttle is just cool looking.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

780racer

Quote from: majors on 01/12/2017, 12:08 PMroom booked, ticket purchased.
Same, I did this yesterday as well. Flight, tickets, Room are all booked, and ready to go.

roflmao

I'm getting so excited for this! I created a new set of buttons to give out to obeyers and they should arrive later this week! I'd be happy to bring up a 20" Sony WEGA TV and a console, along with my Express. Assuming we can fit everything in the car.

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 01/18/2017, 12:13 PMI'm getting so excited for this! I created a new set of buttons to give out to obeyers and they should arrive later this week! I'd be happy to bring up a 20" Sony WEGA TV and a console, along with my Express. Assuming we can fit everything in the car.
This is f'ing awesome. You have the coolest express (I remember from 2014) that I've seen.

I believe that the universe will implode into a black hole and the last remaining sealed/boxed turbo games will be sucked into a vortex if Nulltard does not go to MGC. Apparently the PC Engine gods have frowned upon his lack of teleportation skills, and he has made offerings at the Temple of oBey, NEC's headquarters, and the field where Tatsujin burned the words "PC Engine" into the countryside. Left with only a Pachinko controller and a PC98 that doubles as a bludgeoning device, he has been forced to wander the Midwest like a drunken monk, and has focused his remaining energies into building to a pair of rocket-skates in his makeshift workshop to get him across the Midwest.

Due to his hatred of helmets and having watched him play racing games, we truly fear for his safety.

This future Kickstarter campaign to stop him from building said rocket skates will be brought to you by those crazy kids and their mangy dog at DoxPhile

Also, attendees of MGC who are affiliated with Nintederp or Sega15 will not be able to pay $5 bucks a head (or a 6-pack of microbrew delivered directly to Majors) to see nullface do a speedrun of Silent Debuggers. I've SEEn it. If people are paying stupid moneys for NES games they will pay to see null fuck that shit up all day. It's better than Battletoads and a 40 of Mickeys.

Also, ninjas.

Good night.

Sarumaru

BAMP. Only a couple more meonths to gow~ how bleurf

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 01/19/2017, 08:17 AMDamn, caw. Lol... I hope this means you've committed 100% to going!

This year I'll be road-tripping with ROFLMAO and my non-pcefx homie. Between rolf and myself, we'll add two 20" TVs and CD systems to the turbo room.
I should start a tally of what we'll all be bringing.  Just reply below (AGAIN) if you're 80%+ sure on bringing stuff-

So far we have (Will keep updating)
1. Turbografx-16 LA Edition - 20" CRT (Joshua)
2. PC Engine (+CD) - 20" CRT (Joshua)
3. PC-FX = 20" CRT (S-Video) (Joshua)
4. Turbo Duo - 20" CRT (Joshua)
5. Supergrafx (From GEO) - 20" CRT (Joshua)
6. 25" CRT & PCE Duo (svideo)  (Nully)
7. 20" CRT & TG16 / Turbo Booster+ (Nully)
8. 20" CRT & PCE Shuttle + TED (Majors)

I know a few others planned on bringing a system or two more, so if any of you want to, please feel free to bring!  I can always bring one or two less systems. (Or use my OBEY systems in the MGC Museum proper)  =)

sirhcman

Quote from: Sarumaru on 01/05/2017, 08:44 PMSo, who's all going this year?
I will not be there. Sorry to disappoint!

Sarumaru

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 02/16/2017, 09:29 AM
Quote from: guest on 01/19/2017, 08:17 AMDamn, caw. Lol... I hope this means you've committed 100% to going!

This year I'll be road-tripping with ROFLMAO and my non-pcefx homie. Between rolf and myself, we'll add two 20" TVs and CD systems to the turbo room.
I should start a tally of what we'll all be bringing.  Just reply below (AGAIN) if you're 80%+ sure on bringing stuff-

I know a few others planned on bringing a system or two more, so if any of you want to, please feel free to bring!  I can always bring one or two less systems. (Or use my OBEY systems in the MGC Museum proper)  =)
I will bring..... myself. I'd bring a console but I see how the airlines treat luggage and it scares me a bit..

Quote from: guest on 02/16/2017, 10:19 AM
Quote from: Sarumaru on 01/05/2017, 08:44 PMSo, who's all going this year?
I will not be there. Sorry to disappoint!
Totes disappoint.

majors

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 02/16/2017, 09:29 AMI should start a tally of what we'll all be bringing.  Just reply below (AGAIN) if you're 80%+ sure on bringing stuff-
I can bring a Core or Shuttle with a TED.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

xcrement5x

Quote from: Nulltard on 02/16/2017, 09:42 AMI am confirmed to bring:

25" CRT & PCE Duo (svideo)
20" CRT & TG16 / Turbo Booster+

Non-gaming gear:

- Lords of Thunder poster
- Binder of Bliss
- Video Screen with turbo promo tapes on loop
- possibly maybe some DoxPhile swag
You gotta bring your T2 Club card as well and rock it out when they ask for ID at the bars. 

Barring my winning the lottery I am not coming this year.  I need to cancel my hotel room I guess :(
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: majors on 02/21/2017, 11:32 AM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 02/16/2017, 09:29 AMI should start a tally of what we'll all be bringing.  Just reply below (AGAIN) if you're 80%+ sure on bringing stuff-
I can bring a Core or Shuttle with a TED.
Shuttle yo!

bartre

Quote from: guest on 02/21/2017, 01:42 PMYou gotta bring your T2 Club card as well and rock it out when they ask for ID at the bars. 

Barring my winning the lottery I am not coming this year.  I need to cancel my hotel room I guess :(
nooooooooooooo!
guess I'll have to head out your way again

roflmao

As long as Nulltard's car has room for the 3 of us HuMANS and his gear, I'll plan on bringing up a 20" WEGA and Turbo w/ CD attachment  or Briefcase setup. Of course I'll also have my Express as well. And I'll make sure to *ahem* borrow *ahem* Joshua's controllers and taps. ;)

Sarumaru

Quote from: guest on 02/27/2017, 09:48 PM

As long as Nulltard's car has room for the 3 of us HuMANS and his gear, I'll plan on bringing up a 20" WEGA and Turbo w/ CD attachment  or Briefcase setup. Of course I'll also have my Express as well. And I'll make sure to *ahem* borrow *ahem* Joshua's controllers and taps. ;)
In exchange for *ahem* fellatio *ahem*

roflmao