10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

HELP!! Turbo Express video looks upside down?

Started by Fanji, 03/18/2017, 10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fanji

Hey guys, brand new member here, and lifelong Tg16 player. I'm lost now though and desperately need your help. I recently re-capped my TE ( no sound+no video ), and did a complete cap replacement. I finished, and now have loud sound, and video, but there are vertical lines during play, making it unusable. The games almost look like they are upside down >< Did I somehow short something out that is un-fixable. I can't include a screenshot, as this site says the upload folder is full???

esteban

You will be the first person here at the forums to flip TE upside down and master the direction pad + buttons in a totally unique way.

I don't think I've ever attempted to play TE or GB upside down before.

Pretty awesome "Bizarro World" skills will be respected here by pcefx community.

And by "community", I mean "me".
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Fanji

Lol, thanks for the help. The game is not upside down, it's hard to explain. To be honest, I wish I could show a picture. The words just look like a foreign language, and no, not Japanese. These are games I have been playing for years, now they look messed up after cap replacement.

TheClash603

Quote from: Fanji on 03/19/2017, 08:05 PMLol, thanks for the help. The game is not upside down, it's hard to explain. To be honest, I wish I could show a picture. The words just look like a foreign language, and no, not Japanese. These are games I have been playing for years, now they look messed up after cap replacement.
Take a picture, even if it is blurry it will get you more help.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Fanji on 03/18/2017, 10:31 PMI can't include a screenshot, as this site says the upload folder is full???
The on-site storage doesn't work, but you can upload to a third party image host (photobucket, flickr, etc.) and embed it.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Fanji

Thanks for the tip Necromancer, appreciate it. I recorded this video and unloaded it to YouTube. It shows me starting Bomberman, and you can see the glitching, especially when the gameplay starts. https://youtu.be/-4s16GKdF2w

Keith Courage

where the graphics fine before the recap? this would answer your question as to if you accidentally messed up something or not.

This can also be the sign of a possible bad screen. I have spares if you end up needing one but let me know if your picture was good before the recap first.

schweaty

Are you running it off batteries or an ac adapter?  If you're  using an adapter, does it do the same thing with batteries.

Fanji

Graphics were fine before the recap....running off batteries, not ac, but I don't have an account adapter, so I would not be able to test that. I triple checked everything, I don't see how I could have messed something up while doing the recap ><

SignOfZeta

The video isn't very high quality so it's hard to see, but honestly it looks perfectly fine to me. You're going to need a higher quality photo/video to get the point across I think.

EDIT: I see it, it was an issue on my end. I'm wondering about the ribbon cable...
IMG

thesteve

looks like you have an open trace 6260 or 6270
likely scratched one during recap

Fanji

Thanks for all the help guys, really awesome. If I did damage a trace ( I was so careful, but at one point, my wife decided to sneak up while I was concentrating on removing the RF shield, and I dropped the unit a few inches when she punched and scared the ever loving crap out of me ), can that be fixed, and if so, does anyone work on this kind of issue here?

Keith Courage

Well, since thesteve knew pretty much exactly where the problem could be then you should send it to him.