Hey Everyone !! lOL Just Recently Scored On This Giant POS !!!

Started by Nec.Game.head, 04/02/2017, 01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nec.Game.head

Pretty happy as I just this past weekend finally locked down getting a US Pioneer LaserActive, it's fully restored, new band alignment and most importantly both PCE and Genesis PAC's are fully re capped. She's running great and I'm totally enjoying my LaserActive PCE experience !! Lol now what ?? The damn thing as most of you already know only displays in Composite video !! I play it on my Sony PVM 2950Q so it looks decent enough but unfortunately I have far evolved into a total image quality snob !! Maybe I should just toss this old fat bulky girl off of my balcony to her death and just call it a rap for now !! loL hahaha !! Fuck it i guess I'll just keep her on the sidelines like a fat chick that gives the best BJ's but you'll be damned if you ever let your close friends see you enjoying some quality time with her !!

IMG

IMG

IMG
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

TheClash603

There is a long Laseractive discussion thread on this site, quite a few of us like the system and I'd hardly call it a POS.  Between being able to conveniently play all Genesis, MD, PC-E, and TG16 games (with the right hardware), the interesting LA software, and the ability to play LD movies / karaoke; the system is pretty fucking rad.

Play around with it some more, pick up Dr. Paolo and play with yourself some more, then come back and give an updated impression.

EmperorIng

I hear the electrolytic acid that leaks on the caps from these things makes for a potent aphrodisiac. Can you try to verify that? Lol!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nec.Game.head

Lol Very nice fellas !! After a bit more game play on it and some special alone time with it also I've have decided that I do in fact like the LaserActive. It's definitely a rad unique system to own. Lol My favorite part about it is the leaky electrolytic fluid from the PAC's, it rubs on really well and tickles the pickle like no other cap fluid I have ever tried before !! Oh and the PCE Engine PAC is also pretty kick ass !!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

cr8zykuban0

damn will, you coming up real big with that pickup! playing mega drive and pc engine games in style~!

ClodBusted

Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 04/02/2017, 01:13 AMFuck it i guess I'll just keep her on the sidelines like a fat chick that gives the best BJ's
That's actually very true.

SuperDeadite

For a serious answer, most of us here have already RGB modded our LA units.  It's really quite easy, and works for all games except the actual LD games.  Once you do this, the LA is actually a very capable jack-of-all-trades.  Being a front-loader, you can stack stuff on it and it plays a tremendous amount of games with just one single power cable.  The LD games are just icing on the cake really.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Nec.Game.head

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/03/2017, 06:23 AMFor a serious answer, most of us here have already RGB modded our LA units.  It's really quite easy, and works for all games except the actual LD games.  Once you do this, the LA is actually a very capable jack-of-all-trades.  Being a front-loader, you can stack stuff on it and it plays a tremendous amount of games with just one single power cable.  The LD games are just icing on the cake really.

Now this is some very great news to find waiting on me this morning !! This mod would be absolutely ideal for me. Any write ups or links to any how to to's on this RGB mod ?? Thanks brother for sharing this info !!

SuperDeadite

Can't find a good pic right now, but it's rather easy.  The RGB board in the machine is clearly labeled, just flip it over and solder to the ribbon cable pins.  For sync I just use the extra composite jack.  5v is all over the place.

Nec.Game.head

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/03/2017, 10:08 AMOh wow that sounds soo freaking straight forward !! Looking forward to giving it a go later on this evening !! Thank you soo much for clarifying that for me !! Super useful info !!
Can't find a good pic right now, but it's rather easy.  The RGB board in the machine is clearly labeled, just flip it over and solder to the ribbon cable pins.  For sync I just use the extra composite jack.  5v is all over the place. 

NecroPhile

Congrats on the score.  I'm jelly of your Turbob LA pad.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SuperDeadite

Found some good pics.  I did mine the same, except I found tapping SYNC here weakened the signal too much and it gave me issues when playing my LD games.  So instead I just plug my sync line directly into the composite RCA jack.  I did mine the lazy way, I just fed the wires out the back through one of the holes the RGB board clips on to, and my amp is external.

http://bakutendo.blog87.fc2.com/blog-entry-266.html

xcrement5x

Yeah, I'm in the process of doing the RGB mod to my LaserActive in the near future.  Thanks to some feedback from SuperDeadite and a couple others I think I've got the method nailed down.  Will probably take pictures as I go along to make an overall guide. 

Also not sure why this needs its own thread.  Maybe makes more sense in the LA or the haul thread.  :-#
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Warbucks

Am I the only one that has dreams about finding one of these at a goodwill?

I have had this dream multiple times lol...

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Psycho Punch

Plain old laserdisc playback doesn't go through the PAC, right? Not sure how you would extract a RGB signal out of the base analog player.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

crazydean

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 04/11/2017, 07:02 PMWould Laser discs work through RGB?
Laserdisc is a composite video format. I would guess that you could get an RGB output but the quality will never be better than composite video.

Medic_wheat

pc_kwajalein

Goddamn... That thing is HUGE. Be that as it may, treat her real nice, my good man. She may be big, and been expensive in her day, but she's the kinda' console who presently demands good, wholesome loving fit for--

PiPP!N: Hey, I was expensive too!

Nobody was talking to you! Now go back to the storage shed and get in your fuckin' box next to the mattresses and laundry hampers! :evil:

Where was I? Oh yeah... consoles need love, y'know what I'm saying?
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 04/11/2017, 07:23 PMPlain old laserdisc playback doesn't go through the PAC, right? Not sure how you would extract a RGB signal out of the base analog player.
thesteve has come up with some interesting ideas on taking the composite signal and separating it to RGB but in the end yeah, you're just dealing with composite as the base off the LD. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

SignOfZeta

I did some research into this and...I forgot a lot of it. Composite can look a SHITLOAD better than it does from an LA. However, due to the complex way the LA handles the superimposition it's going to be *really* hard to build a comprehensive video upgrade into it that works with LA games. In order to make the player not cost $50,000 all the overlays are done in the YC realm, RGB is ignored for the most part. You may as well scratch build a Laseractive from an emulator, an industrial player, and modern day video processing stuff, that may actually be easier, and that wouldn't be easy one bit.
IMG

Nec.Game.head

Thanks for all the input fellas !! Not giving up on this beast of a woman lol .. The dream is still alive !!

Nec.Game.head

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/03/2017, 10:19 AMFound some good pics.  I did mine the same, except I found tapping SYNC here weakened the signal too much and it gave me issues when playing my LD games.  So instead I just plug my sync line directly into the composite RCA jack.  I did mine the lazy way, I just fed the wires out the back through one of the holes the RGB board clips on to, and my amp is external.

http://bakutendo.blog87.fc2.com/blog-entry-266.html
Oh and dude,thank you soo much for the link to your work !! This will definitely come in handy when performing this mod on mine !!

schweaty

Too lazy to dig it up, but if you look through my posts, I did a component video mod on mine.