OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Arrested Development Season 5

Started by DragonmasterDan, 05/17/2017, 01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

Woo-hoo!  I hope they can get 'em all together this time.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SignOfZeta

I had to work to get through the last run, may not even watch this one. It's not that it got terrible, it's just that...I'm done. I don't need shit I like to run forever at all costs. I'm glad all the cool people working on AD have jobs, I just don't care what they actually do there anymore. Hopefully they'll work on something else some day. Not that banana stand kid though, I really can't stand that guy no matter what he's in, like ssome pan-disciplinary full time Wesley Crusher or something.

HOWEVER, there was a new six episode Gundam series anounced that I'm really excited about. Yes, the specific subject matter does interest me (Twighight Axis) but I'm more excited by the fact that it's going to be only 21 minutes long. Not 21 minutes per episode, but 21 minutes for the entire series. The finale will be 6 minutes, the others 3. It should be completely impossible to be bored for even a mini second with a schedule like that.
IMG

jtucci31

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/17/2017, 04:36 PMIt's not that it got terrible, it's just that...I'm done. I don't need shit I like to run forever at all costs.
I share a very similar sentiment when it comes to these reboots/continuations/10+year-sequels. It's not necessarily always a matter of whether or not it's good or awful, but more of a question of why? Why do I want to watch something I enjoyed a number of years ago and have since moved on from. I get the obvious answer being that there's already a market so money is guaranteed. But for the viewer it's so exhausting.

I never even got around to watching season 4 for one reason or another. I'm sure it's still good in some regard.

Gypsy

I only ever watched the first one, which is friggin hilarious.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/17/2017, 08:05 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/17/2017, 04:36 PMIt's not that it got terrible, it's just that...I'm done. I don't need shit I like to run forever at all costs.
I share a very similar sentiment when it comes to these reboots/continuations/10+year-sequels. It's not necessarily always a matter of whether or not it's good or awful, but more of a question of why? Why do I want to watch something I enjoyed a number of years ago and have since moved on from. I get the obvious answer being that there's already a market so money is guaranteed. But for the viewer it's so exhausting.

I never even got around to watching season 4 for one reason or another. I'm sure it's still good in some regard.
I couldn't watch the last (final) season....it was painful.

Maybe? I'll give it another chance, but my wife stuck with it and it didn't seem to have too many compelling elements.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

I couldn't make it through season 4 either.  I heard they re-cut it, maybe it's better now?

I also thought season 3 was rushed and missed the mark.

Seasons 1 and 2 are some of the best tv ever though, but it seems it was impossible to keep up the momentum.

NecroPhile

The last season wasn't as good as the originals and there was no fantastically compelling reason to revisit the Bluths years later, but it's still fun to watch and better than 99% of the garbage on TV.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DragonmasterDan

Season 4 was very weirdly cut and edited due to schedules and the idea of individual episodes focusing on specific characters. And it took until the Tobias episode for it to feel like Arrested Development for me. Once I got to that point I was pretty satisfied with the show, but for sure it was a letdown from seasons 1-3.
--DragonmasterDan

seieienbu

Yeah, I couldn't get into Arrested Development season 4 like I could the first 3.  The original seemed like an ensemble show that was witty and enthralling.  The new one felt like it was just a cash in to me.  It definitely didn't help that the majority of episodes had no more than 2 or 3 of the recurring characters in it at a time.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

roflmao

I'll have to give Season 4 another go. I didn't get very far into it the first time, and I *loved* Seasons 1-3. Not sure I'm sold on a Season 5 right now.