"PCEWorks" finally bootlegs Magical Chase

Started by CrackTiger, 05/18/2017, 06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

If you always wanted the prestige of being able to gloat to other omega tier collectors that you own a physical copy of Magical Chase, but were turned off by the prospect of beautiful packaging and presentation, you can now get in on the ground floor of what will soon be the most valuable and appreciating holy grail in the amazing world of 8-bit game collecting!

Just as exciting, if you missed out on investing in the official Magical Chase soundtrack from a few years ago, you can now pay much more for an official PCEWorks knockoff!
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Gypsy

elmer

So now he's doing repro HuCards, too. Great.  :roll:

I particularly love that he's charging a premium price for the Sapphire CD over other CDs ... cause ... you know ... it obviously costs more to license !??!??!  ](*,)

Gypsy

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

tbone3969

WTF....................................
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

jperryss

"Both titles include japanese HuCards, a black one for Splatterhouse and and a white one for Magical Chase. The included HuCards were provided by TG-16 Mods in Canada. They do great work and you can get in touch with them for all your HuCard needs."

So he's reselling Turbokon's repros?

geise

LOL!  Did he strike a deal with someone on deviant art? That's some horrid looking shit.

SignOfZeta

I had a guy make me a Toungeman's Logic HuCARD a couple of years ago. I think it cost like $20 or something to have done. Where does the other $200 come from!?

So unrepentantly scummy and crooked, this guy. Soooooooooo greedy. Quest probably made $5 off each copy of this game originally and they actually made the fucking thing. He used to sell Sapphire for $35. I know because I bought it from him! Now if he's not pocketing $100 on every game he sells he's not doing it. More profit than Sony makes off an entire PlayStation and the first four games you buy for it.

EDIT: I just checked my record and I had that HuCARD made for $48. Actually, it was $48 for the card (with very nice printed art) and five more blank cards and the programmer adaptor, shipped, with tracking and insurance, from Europe to the US.

So without a doubt this is you paying $240 for terrible art and dumb patches with a game that costs %10 of that to produce. I would tell his customers to go fuck themselves, but all of them obviously doing just that.
IMG

crazydean

LOL! Fuck any idiot who buys this. When you can buy a flash cart for 1/3 of the price, who would buy this? The people who buy this are the same people who shouldn't be in this hobby to begin with.

esteban

I haven't looked at the page (trying to resist), but here is the official countdown to MANY DOUCHEBAG YOUTUBERS (who are otherwise "tolerable") foaming at the mouth because they can't keep their fetish for "Holy Grails" in check.

3... 2... 1...

TRIVIA CHALLENGE: How many TubeYou "personalities" will have spontaneous orgasms on-camera as they discuss this new development in the tabloid that is Magical Chase?

How many others will feel threatened by this development? Their insecurities masked behind boasts of owning the "genuine" Huey?

FINAL SCORE:

Collectards: 2      Humanity: Nil.

Gypsy

Quote from: crazydean on 05/19/2017, 01:01 AMLOL! Fuck any idiot who buys this. When you can buy a flash cart for 1/3 of the price, who would buy this? The people who buy this are the same people who shouldn't be in this hobby to begin with.
Fine bootleg connoisseurs. I mean this is a limited edition bootleg. It will not be re-issused. THIS IS YOUR ONLY CHANCE TO BUY THIS FINE BOOTLEG. And just ask Neo collectors, you need it in your collection. Otherwise, you may as well just throw out your entire collection.

TheClash603

What makes no sense is there is already a lot of the other bootleg Magical Chase which were on Ebay at a much lower price.  Hasn't the ship already sailed for a chance to exploit this game based on that other release?

BigusSchmuck

He must be targeting his "fans." Otherwise what would be the point?

DeshDildo

Quote from: jperryss on 05/18/2017, 08:08 PM"Both titles include japanese HuCards, a black one for Splatterhouse and and a white one for Magical Chase. The included HuCards were provided by TG-16 Mods in Canada. They do great work and you can get in touch with them for all your HuCard needs."

So he's reselling Turbokon's repros?
We already know PCEWorls is teh douche nozzle so his releases never surprise me.  I am interested to know if he bought a shit ton of repros from Turbokon or how that deal played out.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

NecroPhile

Boo on Turbokon for selling a bunch of boots to this chucklefuck, and even more so if he's an active partner.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/19/2017, 09:17 AMBoo on Turbokon for selling a bunch of boots to this chucklefuck, and even more so if he's an active partner.
I don't think that is the case.

(Hoping! Anyway..)

I recall a French (?) dude had developed a way to "mass produce"  eprom HuCARDs (he even posted here, with discounts for buying in lots of _____, IIRC?).

Anyway, I would suspect that the European source for the eprom Hueys is what Tobias tapped into...

NecroPhile

Tobias's word isn't worth much, so I suppose that's a possibility, but he claims that they came from Turbokon and provides a link to his site.

turbokon

Quote from: guest on 05/19/2017, 09:17 AMBoo on Turbokon for selling a bunch of boots to this chucklefuck, and even more so if he's an active partner.
Just for the record guys, we are not partners.  He ordered them in bulk from us late last year. He asked for them assembled and programmed with no artwork and case.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

jperryss

CrackTiger

I'm surprised that he didn't slso include a bootleg cart of the GBC version as it would have been cheap and easy to do compared to the HuCard.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: turbokon on 05/19/2017, 09:57 AM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/19/2017, 09:17 AMBoo on Turbokon for selling a bunch of boots to this chucklefuck, and even more so if he's an active partner.
Just for the record guys, we are not partners.  He ordered them in bulk from us late last year. He asked for them assembled and programmed with no artwork and case.   
How is Tobias not blacklisted from everything PCEFX members does at this point? I suspect you're not making a living out of hucards so I must say I'm kinda disappointed, I thought that the point of it was to undercut gougers, not supply them.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

geise

Tempted to go to facebook for the first time in ages and check Tats group.  There's probably already a ton of people there saying how awesome it is.

CrackTiger

I don't know if the PCEWorks Magical Chase bootleg is the rare/valuable Turbo version or just the PCE game, buf if the TG-16 Mods guys are willing to wholesale to prolific bootleggers and gougers, why didn't Tobias have both versions included on the same HuCard? Especially since these sets are including multiple versions slready? Did he think it would feel more like a cheap pirate game and not like a "real" game? :P

I'm also surprised that he ratted them out in his ad. I wonder if he thought that being associsted with pcefx members would somehow fix his reputation within the PCE community or if the TG-16 Mods team asked for the promotion since PCEWorks is so lucrative?

NecroPhile

It's the PCE version huey and manual.  I assume that means he'll do a US version later.

elmer

Quote from: turbokon on 05/19/2017, 09:57 AMJust for the record guys, we are not partners.  He ordered them in bulk from us late last year. He asked for them assembled and programmed with no artwork and case.
And so you mass-duplicated someone else's property and bulk-shipped it to PCEWorks, ready to be branded with his own logos.

Yes ... you're a partner. You're a willing and cooperative supply-chain partner in the for-profit theft of copyrighted works.

That's a pretty big step from just custom-duplicating a game or two for individuals that feel that they absolutely need the shelf-candy in order to re-create the "experience".

Gypsy

esteban

Sad.

I feel sad:

Quote from: elmer on 05/19/2017, 12:05 PM
Quote from: turbokon on 05/19/2017, 09:57 AMJust for the record guys, we are not partners.  He ordered them in bulk from us late last year. He asked for them assembled and programmed with no artwork and case.
And so you mass-duplicated someone else's property and bulk-shipped it to PCEWorks, ready to be branded with his own logos.

Yes ... you're a partner. You're a willing and cooperative supply-chain partner in the for-profit theft of copyrighted works.

That's a pretty big step from just custom-duplicating a game or two for individuals that feel that they absolutely need the shelf-candy in order to re-create the "experience".
I agree with elmer.

I have nothing to add.

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

shubibiman

Quote from: turbokon on 05/19/2017, 09:57 AM
And what did you expect ?
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

NecroPhile

Quote from: shubibiman on 05/19/2017, 05:43 PMAnd what did you expect ?
Not the Spanish Inquisition, that much we know for sure.

SignOfZeta

I would pay money to hear Chris and Dion's (NGF) thoughts on this. To me, it seems like a massively more successful version of the shit they'd pull. The hype of the bootleggery is bigger that of the original article.
IMG

NoSexGex

For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Fuck this guy.

Fuck everyone helping him.   

You're pouring gas on a burning building and then going "WHOA WHOA. I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!"   

It's our job as "people doing Turbo stuff" to not do stupid shit and to make sure things stay sane.   

Use common sense.  If a repro cunt is asking for bulk hucards, tell him "fuck off".  There's judgment calls that need to be made and so far it really seems like the wrong ones are being made left and right.

People ask me for hueys of *insert game here*.  I tell them no.

When dickhead resellers ask me for Atlantean, I send them pictures of dinosaurs and squirrels and shit.   I don't go YEAH SURE DUDE, HERE LEMME SHIP YOU ONE.    Or I tell them I am sold out.  And then I post another "we have Atlanteans for sale!" thing to see if they can connect those dots.

Helping this guy do anything is in fact stupid shit.   

The guys a dick.  He did stupid, shady things.   He's helped impact shit prices.  He's the reason people can't trust Sapphire sales.   

He's not actually into this stuff.  He's into pandering to simpletons to make money off of them because everyone collectively loses their self control when they see some stupid thing some dick produced.

OMG I GOTTA HAVE THAT.

He's encouraging / enabling the ShelfCandy stupidity everyone claims to hate.

When did "we're going to do affordable bootlegs etc. etc. to stick it to Tobias" become "We're going to enable the shit out of his shitshow and help him out!"

We all know anyone could do this shit.  Why are you helping the guy?  It's photoshop clipart shenanigans sent off to a print shop and then wacked together.    5 seconds of googling can find you all this stuff.   You could go to Kinkos and fire off a bunch of cool decorations out of art from these games.

Yes, the things he makes look neat.   So what.  When he was just bootlegging Sapphire and fucking people over, that looked neat too.   Did we throw him a parade and help him out?  Nope.

Where'd the other headhunters go?  All the people that come down on this shit?  We had the whole "fuck Tobias" witch hunt extravaganza so many times in the past.   

Hint:  They, and other normies got tired of watching the new Lemonade Stand mentality and went to go do something that didn't make them want to punch their monitors.

You newer Turbo scene people really don't seem to get it.   Tobias is a dickhole.

Stop helping him.  Stop associating with him.

Leave him alone and don't support or enable his shit, so he fucks off and ruins some other scene instead.

PRICES SUCK AND EVERYONE JUST LIKES POSTING PICS AND COLLECTARDING AND IT'S REALLY STUPID AND

HEY!  LOOK AT THIS BOXED SET WOW COOL IM GONNA BUY IT AND POST PICS ON FACEBOOK

#OBEYLIFE #OBEY #PCE4LIFE #4TEHLOVEOFIT #FUCK

I refuse to give the guy a free pass because he "tried to make things right".

He got caught.  He got outed.  If he wasn't a piece of shit, he wouldn't have had to get caught/busted/outed to start "making amends" or trying to be cool.

Fucking dick.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

crazydean

I mean, fuck Tobias.

Also, those bootlegs look really cool. They're totally worth a couple hundred dollars.

#imanadultanddontunderstandhowprioritieswork

sirhcman

PukeSter

Anyone try contacting konami or namco or whoever? If you guys are that concerned.

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 05/19/2017, 08:25 PMAnyone try contacting konami or namco or whoever? If you guys are that concerned.
I think a few people emailed them, its probably in a thread around here somewhere..

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: PukeSter on 05/19/2017, 08:25 PMAnyone try contacting konami or namco or whoever? If you guys are that concerned.
Konami doesn't really give a shit.

Namco might.

Or they might miss the point and go LOL COOL like the rest of the dipshits.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Nulltard on 05/19/2017, 09:23 PMI might have to profprof them and get all their wares for free. #sickburn!  Then sell it on FB a year or whatever later. :lol:

Seriously though... I love Shawn and Jodi. IRL at that. I don't love this situation/development. #dichotomy
It's time people start telling their friends

"hey dummies, you fucked up."

We need to stop with this "omfg its a pce related project therefore infinite <3s and support 5ever" bullshit

This is a fuckup.

The reprocards were already kind of overpriced and overkilled.  this is just the next level.

This stuff doesn't help anyone.

Flare65

I think the price is going to be a real turn off for a lot of people.  For that kind of money I'd rather spend the extra 70.00 and buy a Nintendo Switch.....if you can actually find one (that's another story...)

I admit, the packaging is kinda cool, but the price point is way off for these games.

Arkhan Asylum

id rather throw the 300$ or whatever out the window, or grind it into a pulp and stick it in my own ass than give that piece of shit any money.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Flare65 on 05/19/2017, 09:40 PMI think the price is going to be a real turn off for a lot of people.  For that kind of money I'd rather spend the extra 70.00 and buy a Nintendo Switch.....if you can actually find one (that's another story...)

I admit, the packaging is kinda cool, but the price point is way off for these games. 
How old are you?
IMG

shubibiman

Quote from: guest on 05/19/2017, 08:25 PMAnyone try contacting konami or namco or whoever? If you guys are that concerned.
I've tried to contact Konami France but had no reply at all. Maybe Namco-Bandai will react.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

jtucci31

Hmm, I like mine better. Looks way more authentically bootleg.

MagicalChaseBootie.jpg
4K: https://i.imgur.com/O3BJQ7P.jpg[/sub]

In all seriousness, those repro hu cards look very similar to the ones turbokon was doing awhile back (and is still doing?). Are those an open thing/anyone can do, is PCE Works most likely just ripping this shit off of turbokon, or (not to spew total shit) is turbokon with this at all? I'm stupid and can't be bothered to read previous pages in the thread :)

I'm not sure. Either way, this is obviously totally ludicrous and I honestly don't ever care for their packaging. Start banning people on FB who buy this shit or something already.

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2017, 11:43 AMHmm, I like mine better. Looks way more authentically bootleg.
MagicalChaseBootie.jpg
In all seriousness, those repro hu cards look very similar to the ones turbokon was doing awhile back (and is still doing?). Are those an open thing/anyone can do, is PCE Works most likely just ripping this shit off of turbokon, or (not to spew total shit) is turbokon with this at all?

I'm not sure. Either way, this is obviously totally ludicrous and I honestly don't ever care for their packaging. Start banning people on FB who buy this shit or something already.
Looks like you missed a page. turbokon & co are the ones who made them. Tobias only dropped them into gaudy packaging.

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2017, 12:05 PMLooks like you missed a page. turbokon & co are the ones who made them. Tobias only dropped them into gaudy packaging.
I am a moron. My bad! I completely skipped over the 2nd page of this thread somehow.

NoSexGex

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/19/2017, 11:04 PM
Quote from: Flare65 on 05/19/2017, 09:40 PMI think the price is going to be a real turn off for a lot of people.  For that kind of money I'd rather spend the extra 70.00 and buy a Nintendo Switch.....if you can actually find one (that's another story...)

How old are you?
Still laughing
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!