10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Standard white PC Engine - no output?

Started by StriderSubzero, 05/22/2017, 01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StriderSubzero

Hi,

I have a PC Engine that would not power on, so I replaced the fuse. It then worked fine.

I then made an AV cable following this tutorial: http://www.cgquarterly.com/2010/04/26/building-a-turbografx-16-pc-engine-composite-av-cable/

It worked, then I unplugged the cables in order to heatshrink them (I had them bare before), and then when I plugged them back in, the PC Engine is no longer outputting anything, even through RF. Is it possible I shorted something?

I double-checked my AC adapter with a multimeter and it's fine. I opened it again and the fuse is fine.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I'm so frustrated. Thank you.

StriderSubzero

Turns out it was the fuse again actually. Guess I blew it switching the power on and off with my testing.

SignOfZeta

That should not blow a fuse but...I'm glad you found the problem.
IMG

gtsamour

If the fuse was blown maybe you don't have an appropriate psu?