@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Fish on cover of Deep Blue

Started by HuMan, 05/23/2017, 03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuMan

I feel dumb having to ask this, but google isn't any help and I haven't felt the need to identify fish in years, but I'd like to remember the name of the fish depicted on the cover of Deep Blue.

All I have is a screenshot, for some reason people prefer scanning the box art for Deep Blue at insanely high resolutions.

IMG
(the fish in the upper right corner of this picture)

esteban

You have no idea how much I love you for asking this.

I actually want to know the names of all the creatures featured in the game, with screenshots.

If it didn't have fins like that, I would say a "grouper"...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

cabbage

Looks a bit like a stonefish or scorpionfish.

Galder

I'd say scorpionfish too. That reminds me, I have a fish soup to cook! (no scorpionfish in there though ;p)

SignOfZeta

I love this thread.

I don't own Deep Blue.
IMG

NoSexGex

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/23/2017, 03:21 PMI love this thread.

I don't own Deep Blue.
Same, it's one of the couple games I don't have for a North American set. Deep blue, Gunboat and a few others.
And for some reason it's still a $50 eBay game with its case
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

esteban

esteban

Keith Courage

QuoteSame, it's one of the couple games I don't have for a North American set. Deep blue, Gunboat and a few others.
It's gotta be cheaper then that. Maybe give amazon a try?

I like this game but I think I'm in the minority. I really like the music and that's one of most peoples biggest complaints about it.

geise

I think most people's complaints are that it gets more difficult the more enemies you kill. Regardless I also love this thread.

HuMan

Stonefish or Skorpionfish sounds right, going by google images. Thanks guys.

I'm gonna load up Deep Blue on my Everdrive and give it a go. From the pictures, it has an interesting balance between spooky and ever so slightly ugly. Then again I find deep sea anything to be unsettling.

NoSexGex

Quote from: Keith Courage on 05/23/2017, 06:11 PM
QuoteSame, it's one of the couple games I don't have for a North American set. Deep blue, Gunboat and a few others.
It's gotta be cheaper then that. Maybe give amazon a try?
Right??!
I was watching some eBay auctions recently and they ended right around that. It's even close to $50 avg on GVN, which isn't always accurate. But in this case, I think it's right around what people are paying for them on fuckbay lately.

Amazon though hey? That's a Fishing Spot I looked at once, then quickly left and never looked back. Traumatized from what I saw, but I imagine there would be deals there once in awhile; like anywhere else I supoose

IMG

Also:

Esteban I love those pictures, you could pass that off as decorative furniture on a small table (moreso the PCE Deep Blue)
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

TheClash603

Lionfish, pterois miles, is the cover girl of Deep Blue.

Alt-Nintega

could also be a species of Sculpin. There are a lot of various Sculpins.

NoSexGex

esteban

I would like someone to make a definitive call on what type of fish-beast is featured in Deep Blue.

You cannot make a definitive call unless you study reference photos and anatomy of the fish-beasts mentioned in this thread:

Sculpin
Stonefish
Scorpionfish
Lionfish
Lloyd-McGill Fish

crazydean

Quote from: esteban on 05/26/2017, 07:18 AMI would like someone to make a definitive call on what type of fish-beast is featured in Deep Blue.

You cannot make a definitive call unless you study reference photos and anatomy of the fish-beasts mentioned in this thread:

Sculpin
Stonefish
Scorpionfish
Lionfish
Lloyd-McGill Fish
Meh. I trust your judgement, Este.

Winniez

No idea what fish it is but gives me a Darius vibe.
Btw love the thread :)

CrackTiger

Quote from: crazydean on 05/26/2017, 04:48 PM
Quote from: esteban on 05/26/2017, 07:18 AMI would like someone to make a definitive call on what type of fish-beast is featured in Deep Blue.

Sculpin
Stonefish
Scorpionfish
Lionfish
Lloyd-McGill Fish
"Oui Oui Jumbofish" it is.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/26/2017, 06:22 PM
Quote from: crazydean on 05/26/2017, 04:48 PM

Sculpin
Stonefish
Scorpionfish
Lionfish
Lloyd-McGill Fish
"Oui Oui Jumbofish" it is.
Goddammit.

That's it.

:)

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: NoSexGex on 05/26/2017, 12:44 AMI made you a new avatar
IMG
I nominate this post of the year!!!!

NoSexGex

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 05/29/2017, 09:25 PMI nominate this post of the year!!!!
Nah man, that guys post on gynt's signature blows it out of the water. Where he sells off his entire TG16/PCE collection because he couldn't find a copy of Magical Chase.

That only happened in like January I think too? Setting the standard so high, so early in the year.

It would be an AMAZING avatar for you though :wink:

esteban

NoSexGex

Galder

Hahaha.. I like how this has evolved  :shock:

Alt-Nintega

no wonder this fucking forum is dead. Thanks Nullyfuck and his ass kissers.

- Karl Marx

NoSexGex

If it wasn't for Nulltard your new avatar wouldn't be nearly as epic. Try and show some gratitude