10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Off the Wall prototypes released

Started by ccovell, 07/23/2017, 08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccovell

Omar at SMSPower has released prototype dumps of this game for Game Gear and PC-Engine.  The PCE version isn't as complete as the one currently(?) for sale for $1000s, but it'll do.

http://www.smspower.org/forums/16747-OffTheWallForGameGearAndPCEngine

Thanks, Omar.  I know how expensive proto-saving can get!

Psycho Punch

Always good when someone that cares about preservation more than $$$ or growing an e-dick gets ahold of a prototype. Thanks Omar!

Maybe this will convince that guy Chris to finally release The Super Kung-Fu to the public. :mrgreen:
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

ccovell

Last thing I heard was that the ghost of Bruce Lee visited him outside on the parapet, warning of grave consequences should the data be liberated from its cask.

CrackTiger

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Although I'm not a fan of the title, it looked like a decent port during a quick test in Magic Engine. It's cool that they used a wider resolution and I like the color cycling on the title. I haven't tried the Game Gear version yet, but the PCE music sounds like it's based on SMS sound, which is nice.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

OK, this is reason to find my TED and finally use it.

Of course, that translates to: if I am not completely exhausted running around after my kids, I might venture to the laptop and try to find an old SD card (my TED only works w/ 2GB? 4GB? 8GB max?)

OFF THE WALL... it will be fun to see if a 3(?) 4(?) player match is fun with the tiny humans. I have been surprised with what they enjoy/dislike.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SuperPlay

Hi Chris

Many thanks for the heads on this release

Play time!

Cheers

NecroPhile

Pretty neato.  Thanks for sharing, chris, and thanks to omar for giving info and sharing the data.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ParanoiaDragon

Indeeed, thank you thank you thank you!  I wonder if this might get Jun to go ahead & release the others.  Wasn't there some talk of him possibly doing that down the road??
IMG

RNSpeed

Quote from: ccovell on 07/23/2017, 08:02 PMOmar at SMSPower has released prototype dumps of this game for Game Gear and PC-Engine.  The PCE version isn't as complete as the one currently(?) for sale for $1000s, but it'll do.

http://www.smspower.org/forums/16747-OffTheWallForGameGearAndPCEngine

Thanks, Omar.  I know how expensive proto-saving can get!
Awesome thanks for sharing

sirhcman

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 07/25/2017, 01:56 AMIndeeed, thank you thank you thank you!  I wonder if this might good Jun to go ahead & release the others.  Wasn't there some talk of him possibly doing that down the road??
Pretty sure he wants 7 grand a piece for his copies. Good luck getting free rips

PukeSter

http://www.savejapan.com/shop/

The only one that's sold so far is Popils. The rest are finished except Peter Packrat

Psycho Punch

7000 dollars pays you a month's worth of travel to japan and money to buy a lot of PCE games while you're there, you'd be insane to pay that much on any game prototype listed there.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

csgx1

Cool to see this was released.  Thanks for sharing.

shubibiman

I should have shared the info here as I knew it would be released before it actually happened.

The aim was to show fucktards who would ask 7,000$+ for prototypes that they're not alone in the wild owning unreleased game prototypes.

This one (the PCE version) is actually owned by another French collector and was dump by a French dev.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Michirin9801

I had never heard of this game before, tried it a little bit, and yeah, you can pretty easily tell this is unfinished, it's buggy as hell, at one point my paddle went missing and didn't come back, and some other time the ball got stuck on a grey tile and the game just refused to progress until I used the "Skip Stage" button...

Still, it's nice that this was released so that we can see what could have been, but with such lacking graphics and not particularly ear-pleasing music, not to mention the fact that it was a block-breaking game in the early 90s, I'd imagine the genre would have been as good as dead at the time, I don't really think it would have been much of a success, but who knows? I could be wrong...

It could be a bit successful though if it sounded kinda like this:
I don't think moving a small ball and a paddle around the screen would require that much CPU time so the game could easily have used some 16KHz samples...

Bardoly

If there were enough interest and support, then maybe a group could purchase one or more of these prototypes so as to release them.

esteban

Quote from: Bardoly on 08/01/2017, 08:17 AMIf there were enough interest and support, then maybe a group could purchase one or more of these prototypes so as to release them.
I would love for this to happen... not going to offer him nearly as much as he is asking, though... imagine we could get all the remaining ones for just CASH MONEY of __________ (insert $$$$ that makes seller happy, but is within our reach. This is a FANTASY ZONE, but don't stop me.)

These are the moments when I wish I was a dirty wealthy bastard who could do GOOD FER GAMING HUMANITY (first world problem).

YOU KNOW, there will be naysayers, but whatever...

*dreaming of past that never-was-to-be* I was hoping we could have gotten the DINO FORCE years ago. That would have been worth it for the title screen and music alone, IMHO.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bardoly

I would put something towards a group purchase of such, but yeah, $6,800 is likely out of reach.   :cry: :cry: :cry: