12/23/2024: Localization News - Team Innocent

PC-FX Localization for Team Innocent is released, a pre-Christmas gift!! In a twist, it feels like the NEC PC-FX got more attention in 2024 than any other time I can remember! Caveat: The localizers consider the "v0.9" patch a BETA as it still faces technical hurdles to eventually subtitle the FMV scenes, but they consider it very much playable.
github.com/TeamInnocent-EnglishPatchPCFX
x.com/DerekPascarella/PCFXNews
Main Menu

PC Engine GT help identifying parts

Started by 8bitplus, 07/26/2017, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

8bitplus

Hello.
I'm trying to fix a PCE GT thats been sent to me. It powers up and shows an image for about 3 seconds then starts to flake out with unstable image, then fades out completely. nothing cna be seen after that.
Someone has done an awful job ar recapping this in the past, but I'm trying to identify some transisters.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/EetXV0dGvaH2Yvtv1

I have heard that the transisters at Q900 and 901 can be problematic, and these ones look like they have fungus growing on them lol. Can anyone tell me what the 3 smaller ones are? I'm going to remove them and clean the board, but I might as well replace them.

It also has no sound at all, just a static hum, but I'll look at that after the video.
www.8bitplus.co.uk Retro gaming projects and console repairs

8bitplus

I found a thread on a different forum saying the Q900 and Q901 transistors are 2SD1898, so i've ordered them to try.
Still looking for info on the smaller ones....
www.8bitplus.co.uk Retro gaming projects and console repairs