10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Bonk 3 CD

Started by Green, 07/30/2017, 09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green

I currently have a Bonk 3 CD on eBay for $1200 OBO

Anyone here interested? I can let it go for $900 shipped.

I also have some Sega Saturn games I'd like to sell (Radiant Silvergun and Battle Garegga) if anyone is interested in those I can work out a good deal for you.

o.pwuaioc

Which Saturn games and what prices?

NoSexGex

Hmm scott might be interested, not sure if he has it yet
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

in99flames

Jesus christ 900??? Im not knocking what you are asking. I just had no idea bonk 3 was that rare. Even the HuCard is like 700...was it just in limited production?
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

CrackTiger

I remember when members here began irrationally trashing Magical Chase without even playing it, because it was going for as much as $80 and they swore they'd never pay so much for any video game.

Now something like this gets posted and there are instantly people interested.

From a strictly collectible/rarity point of view, this is the rarest Turbo game and based solely on that, should be the most expensive.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

I offer you $1300 for Bonk 3.

PM sent.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

it seems all of a sudden, Bonk 3 CD has been been available more frequently (and i mean legit copies).

in99flames

Quote from: esteban on 07/30/2017, 08:50 PMI offer you $1300 for Bonk 3.

PM sent.
Forgive him....he doesn't know how to haggle.
Esteban after you buy it ill offer you 1700 if you get it vga rated and tell me its RARE OOP and RETRO. deal? Pm sent.
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: bob on 07/30/2017, 09:47 PMit seems all of a sudden, Bonk 3 CD has been been available more frequently (and i mean legit copies).
Do you think the bootlegs have anything to do with that? I.e. now that there are bootlegs, more people either get that which suffices and sell the more expensive legitimate version, or decide it might deprecate in value and then sell.

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 07/31/2017, 09:36 AM
Quote from: bob on 07/30/2017, 09:47 PMit seems all of a sudden, Bonk 3 CD has been been available more frequently (and i mean legit copies).
Do you think the bootlegs have anything to do with that? I.e. now that there are bootlegs, more people either get that which suffices and sell the more expensive legitimate version, or decide it might deprecate in value and then sell.
It's just the normal cycle with games people sit on for profit.

Once a copy appears on eBay after a drought and gets bid up to 2 or 3 tines what it usually sold for during the past year or two, even people who weren't planning to flip rush to list their copies in time to cash in.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

xcrement5x

Quote from: CrackTiger on 07/31/2017, 11:29 AM
Quote from: guest on 07/31/2017, 09:36 AM
It's just the normal cycle with games people sit on for profit.

Once a copy appears on eBay after a drought and gets bid up to 2 or 3 tines what it usually sold for during the past year or two, even people who weren't planning to flip rush to list their copies in time to cash in.
That's actually really true.  I saw the same thing recently with Radical Rex on SegaCD.  I guess there hadn't been a copy listed for awhile and then Vic Ireland sold his maybe 6 months ago at auction and it cleared almost $500, I was floored!  As you say, a ton of other folks rushed to sell their copies as well at that time, but the price has been slowly going back down thankfully since the only exceptional thing about the game is the rarity. 

What was once very uncommon to pop up is appearing a lot more now, it's just that the price is much higher since people know it is RAREZ.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

LostFlunky

Anyone remember Circus Lido?

bob

looks like greens auction didnt sell for 1200, so he's up to his old tricks again.

esteban

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 07/31/2017, 02:28 PMAnyone remember Circus Lido?
I would love for truckload of "rare" PCE/TG-16 games to be found.... everyone wins.

:)

bob

looks like yet another one surfaced.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122626473316

i think there are 4 available on ebay currently.  lol

crazydean

Thanks for that post. I was curious what you meant and looked it up for myself.

NoSexGex

Quote from: bob on 08/01/2017, 08:26 AMi think there are 4 available on ebay currently.  lol
Lol
Good time to strong arm some sellers !
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

NecroPhile

Yep, it's fun but gets pretty difficult and tedious.

That's what you meant, right?  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

dallaspattern

Horrible game, I wouldn't pay $20 for it.

Keith Courage

I should have kept my minty Bonk 3 CD. Sold in 1 year ago on ebay. Auction went for $300. Didn't think it would go up $600 in 1 year. That's just crazy

I'd call this collectardflation.

BigusSchmuck

esteban

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Keith Courage on 08/12/2017, 05:34 PMI should have kept my minty Bonk 3 CD. Sold in 1 year ago on ebay. Auction went for $300. Didn't think it would go up $600 in 1 year. That's just crazy

I'd call this collectardflation.
I sold my copies of Super Air Zonk, Bonk 3 CD, and Might and Magic for $150 each back in 2008.  LOL, oh well.  :)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: dallaspattern on 08/12/2017, 05:16 PMHorrible game, I wouldn't pay $20 for it.
You are a horrible person.  :evil:

GohanX

Quote from: Keith Courage on 08/12/2017, 05:34 PMcollectardflation
I'm totally adopting this word.

Sparky

Did mr green ever find the green?

I am another old timer that remembers seeing them for $125 and finally bought in. I almost felt sick I paid so much. Still the most I ever spent on one single game, ever!!! You new guys better be getting some air miles or some sorta visa points for your purchases to help make you feel better. :P

Green

Quote from: Sparky on 10/24/2017, 07:15 AMDid mr green ever find the green?

I am another old timer that remembers seeing them for $125 and finally bought in. I almost felt sick I paid so much. Still the most I ever spent on one single game, ever!!! You new guys better be getting some air miles or some sorta visa points for your purchases to help make you feel better. :P
Yeah I sold it awhile back. Panic restaurant and $600 I believe it was.

nopepper

Quote from: esteban on 08/13/2017, 02:23 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 08/12/2017, 06:49 PM
Quote from: Keith Courage on 08/12/2017, 05:34 PMI'd call this collectardflation.
+1200
www.collectard.com
With the prices some of these POS games are going for, I'm leaning towards feeling more retarded for opening/playing them than to simply keeping them hermetically stored and using an everdrive.

There are many sides to this story, but the bottom line is that my collection at this point is worth more than my 401K, and that was without even trying.

bob

nopepper

NoSexGex

Quote from: nopepper on 10/24/2017, 04:36 PMWith the prices some of these POS games are going for, I'm leaning towards feeling more retarded for opening/playing them than to simply keeping them hermetically stored and using an everdrive
Why would u feel retarded? Insertion marks aren't even a thing yet. If you're fortunate enough to own all this physical media (401k value), own it. Play the fuck out of those games.

Green

Quote from: guest on 10/25/2017, 01:59 AM
Quote from: nopepper on 10/24/2017, 04:36 PMWith the prices some of these POS games are going for, I'm leaning towards feeling more retarded for opening/playing them than to simply keeping them hermetically stored and using an everdrive
Why would u feel retarded? Insertion marks aren't even a thing yet. If you're fortunate enough to own all this physical media (401k value), own it. Play the fuck out of those games.
+1

If you're still playing them at least occasionally be merry

nopepper

Quote from: guest on 10/25/2017, 01:59 AM
From a practical standpoint, it makes no difference playing them from a flash cart as opposed to the real thing. And it's more convenient to boot. So why play the original, risk coffee stains (or dog bites, or 3 year olds, or angry wifes...), and lose out on somebody paying for my yacht when I sell them my turbo "holy grails" 20 years from now?

And to be clear, I'm playing devil's advocate here, as I generally prefer to play originals, especially for PCE, given their awesome hucard artwork and manuals.

I just think it's funny somebody ridiculing a "collectard" gamer for trying to keep their games mint, when it's actually more sensible in this day and age, rather than actually playing them in their og form.

turboswimbz

My two cents:
I think being sensible is a matter of opinion.

collectibles if purely as investment mean that your house essentially becomes a warehouse of inventory.  Sitting on inventory is actual quite bad value in most cases.  In addition that inventory is not extremely liquid, should you say need to convert it cash.  it also offers no tax break or other value, and since collectibles are hard to ascertain the value of and aren't traditional inventory, you have little or no protection in way of insurance. (although possible)  While collectibles can offer some good things, like protection from inflation, the real benefits vs traditional investments is one that is not something that could be said to be out right better than traditional investments. There are pros and cons to both.  The main reason for collections is the happiness they bring you, but if you also make money than more power to you.  I don't think either side should be ridiculed outright.  but for me, watching games sit on shelves is the least fun ever.  I collect to play and share the games.     
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

NecroPhile

Buying as an investment deserves outright ridicule.  The vast majority of titles won't have meteoric rises in value like Magical Chase, so any varied collection will fail to keep pace with a decent mutual fund portfolio.

nopepper

Quote from: guest on 10/25/2017, 04:09 PMBuying as an investment deserves outright ridicule.  The vast majority of titles won't have meteoric rises in value like Magical Chase, so any varied collection will fail to keep pace with a decent mutual fund portfolio.
Of course; hopefully the majority of collectors are not looking at this hobby as a replacement to their 401Ks or financial portfolios. I reckon it is just a fun way to invest in a hobby they like, that might also pay financial dividends in the end. If that is not the case, then yeah, they probably need to get their priorities straight...

But my main point was that if you already have an item in your possession that shoots up in value, it wouldn't really be so retarded to keep it safe, so to speak. So if its sealed, and a sealed copy can fetch you 3-4 times what a used copy would, and you know you have other ways to play, then I would consider it reasonable to keep it sealed.

For me, I like to look at the contents and play the real thing whenever possible, so I let my heart do the thinking, but I can understand why others choose to use plastic covers in their complete games, or keep them sealed if new.

CrackTiger

Plastic cases are great for flimsy cardboard boxed games like Intellivision. You can stick your squashed Astrosmash in one and stack it or line it up with the rest. Instead of having a round pile of misshapen boxes floating inside a bin.

Green

Quote from: guest on 10/25/2017, 04:09 PMBuying as an investment deserves outright ridicule.  The vast majority of titles won't have meteoric rises in value like Magical Chase, so any varied collection will fail to keep pace with a decent mutual fund portfolio.
Do people actually need to be told that? We're well past the time when buying vintage video games was a feasible investment.

CrackTiger

Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything.

SignOfZeta

Not if the games are twice their age and they learned about PCE from Storage Wars anyway.
IMG

NoSexGex

Quote from: nopepper on 10/25/2017, 02:52 PMSo why play the original, risk coffee stains (or dog bites, or 3 year olds, or angry wifes...), and lose out on somebody paying for my yacht when I sell them my turbo "holy grails" 20 years from now?
ing them in their og form.
That's gonna be the smallest shitiest yacht ever lol

NoSexGex

ISO retro oldschool video games, will use boat towards trade

IMG

nopepper

Quote from: guest on 10/27/2017, 01:21 AMISO retro oldschool video games, will use boat towards trade

IMG
I'll trade you a Magician Lord loose AES for it.

PM me for pics if interested.